Best of Us [BETA TESTING]

I would like to beta test the game for you

I would like to beta test if it’s possible, this game looks awesome.

Ahem…beta. Plus twenty fucks.

I would like to beta test

I’d love to beta test as well, Ive read through the demo multiple times and checked back after every update for what it’s worth. I also have a fair amount of free time coming up so I should be able to give feedback relatively quickly.

I would like to as well

I would love to beta test this! This has easily been in my top 3 WIPs, and I’m so excited to see it being this close to finished, I would be honored if you picked me for this grand venture!

I would love to beta test this as well!!

“Essentially copyediting via sending me quotes and screenshots instead of rewriting it yourself.”

Oops, I feel like I’ve been guilty of this. =^P

Anyways, it’s nice to see this project moving along towards completion. I’d volunteer myself, since there’s a lot I say regarding the narrative, but I also feel that my feedback would be taken as contrarian or conflictive, so you probably might not want me in the first place. =^P
Gotta appreciate the extent of the power-customization options though — definitely the game’s strongest point imo, and probably the largest challenge in incorporating into all the necessary scenes and details.

I would love to volunteer to beta test as well!

This is an overwhelming flood of replies and volunteers. As stated above, I will contact those chosen for testing on the 5th with further information. I will be trying to glance through as many peoples’ previous posts to see what kind of feedback has been offered to other WiPs and trying to determine who would make a good fit. It’s also nice to see a few Lords of Aswick testers volunteering.
If you have not received a private message from me by the 7th at the latest, you have not been chosen for one reason or another. There will probably be a major culling due to the sheer number of volunteers.

@Fiogan Absolutely understandable. It is very much appreciated that you’re willing to volunteer some of your time for some less intensive testing nonetheless. Who knows, maybe I’ll hire you on for the next one.

@forWantOf There’s no benefit to me from having just yes-men reading my stuff. The negative reviews for Lords of Aswick helped me identify a lot of issues I had in my writing, which helped me be concious about them when writing Best of Us…

2 Likes

Well, I suppose I get late to the beta party but if you want my feedback you could add me later on. I am not good fishing grammatical errors because I am not native. But I love nip pick and criticize and give crazy ideas about weird things.

Small language errors are easiest to spot, thus more people are likely to look out for those. I think it would be good to have someone like you testing out a story.

1 Like

I would love to help beta test if it isn’t too late

Debating these things always make for a better story overall so, no worries. :slight_smile:

If you wish to make it clearer that the sentence refers to Aurora, perhaps this alternative might suffice: “…is British. Why don’t you fly them both out of here too? You’d solve a lot of their troubles then, wouldn’t you?”

As to the point of shifting out of doorways, “Shifting” rather means, to me, “moving slightly”, “fidgeting”, or moving in a sidewards motion like the sneaking thing you see in cartoons. What exactly is Caracal supposed to be doing? Another word may be more appropriate? :slight_smile:

I would like to volunteer for BETA TESTING as well if it isn’t too late. :slight_smile: I’m quite good at nitpicking minor-medium grammar errors, punctuation, and awkward sentence structure. Detecting comma splices, run-ons, and dangling modifiers may escape my radar, however. lol

I am much better at characterization and idea generation than nitpicking though, so if you still need betas, I’d like to help.

I would love to beta test this if possible.

I would gladly sign up for beta testing lol this is awesome.

Been with this for awhile. Can’t believe its in beta now. Hope to help you achieve victory with this omazing game. Omazing.

Testers have been chosen and a PM has been sent their way on Friday.
If you have volunteered to beta test, check your messages! Yes, the private messages right here on the forum!

So far only eight of the invited testers have checked the private message. The initial deadline for testing is on the 14th - although it may be extended as feedback comes in - which is this upcoming weekend. If you are still in a SuperBowl stupor, time get climbing out of it so you can get some testing done before Valentine’s Day.