Best games and Recommended Games

The best game overall is hand down Choice of Robots. It is worth every cent and I would buy it if it cost more. You can replay it so many times and have such different playthriughs. I have played it so many times and am always discovering new things

2 Likes

choice of robots at least makes me tear up a little, the genius is the multiple ways (loving family, being a hero, tough choices, death, etc)

1 Like

Best CoG: Wayhaven Chronicles (not sure if it was cog or hosted). Its really sweet and the romances are just brilliant
Best hosted: Samurai of Hyuga imo. The plot was brilliant. The characters are just all so likeable and well developed.
Fallen Hero: Rebirth was also pretty good.
Best free: Choice of Romance definitely. I was so invested in this. Its really addictive.
Longest: Tin Star
Best plot: Samurai of Hyuga/Fallen Hero
Best character: ^
Funniest: maybe Tally Ho

1 Like

Wayhaven Chronicles is a hosted game. =)

2 Likes

My bad.
I guess I would go for Choice of Romance? Not sure. Nothing really rings a bell atm. And that is fresh in my mind.

1 Like

I just started playing Choice of Games a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.I’m still searching for some new interesting stories and characters.Any recommendations?

I have played the following:
•Choice of Zombie
•Zombie Exodus
•Choice of Magic
•Choice of Broadside
•Choice of Vampire
•Imprisoned
•The Race
•Choice of Robots
•Dead Already?
•Popcorn,Soda…Murder?
•Paranoia

Oh I have a list of recommendations I keep around! These are all games that have already been released. (And I copy pasted them from a recommendation list I made for a friend so sorry if the descriptions are a little silly)

Heart of the House: Play as an investigator of the occult looking into the disappearance of your uncle. The clues bring you into a small and strange town in the middle of nowhere and everything is SPOOKY. Plus your assistant Dev is an absolute sweetheart I love him

Fallen Hero: Rebirth: This is part one of a trilogy. The second book is already in the works. You play as a hero-vigilante turned aspiring super villain after the government faked your death. Also, you’re probably a test tube baby. It deals a lot with mental health and the effects of trauma.

Study in Steampunk: Unfortunately you’re gender locked male for this game, but you play as someone who is basically Dr. Watson in steampunk England. And you can romance steampunk sherlock which is A+

Wayhaven Chronicles: Book 1: This is the first book of like… A planned seven. You play as a detective, in the small town of Wayhaven. but more importantly, you can romance vampires. Ey!

Tally Ho: Play as a servant for disaster human being Rory. The whole game is very Wodehousian and had me laughing the whole time.

Tin Star: Play as death row inmate turned sheriff! Lots o’ old west shenanigans! Plus it’s SUPER long!

A Midsummer Night’s Choice: It’s a lighthearted and very fun/funny Shakespearean game. You play as the heir to your kingdom forced to marry some old person. And you run away into the woods with your bff. Shenanigans abound.

The Hero:Unmasked: Your twin gets kidnapped after being mistaken for you! Unfortunately, they also happen to be the vigilante-hero of the town and you gotta take their place for a while. Plus you’re getting married in a week? And your fiance is maybe evil???

The Superlatives: Aetherfall: Superheros, but like… Victorian Times. Very fun! The first part of a series, but I think every part is going to have new characters and a new plot.

Blood Money: You are the eldest child of a mob boss, and the least likely to inherit the business… until your mom dies and all hell breaks loose.

Choice of Deathless: You’re a lawyer who does lawyery things-but for demons!!

Eagles Heir: You’re the bodyguard for the son of Napoleon. Kind of a… ‘what if’ historical fiction with a few fantastical elements thrown in. The only problem I had with it is it’s ridiculously short. Like, it ended right when I thought it was about to get going.

Psy High: You’re a psychic… in High school. Also, you’re a detective kind of?? IDK, it’s very fun. Did you ever read Dead is the new black? It reminds me of that, and also it’s the first CoG game I ever played.

Unnatural: Monsters are a thing that people know are real now. And you are smack dab in the middle of everything, trying to keep everything copacetic.

Heir of Daria: It’s a trilogy in which you play the lost heir of the Kingdom of Daria, and also lead an army against demons. It’s fun.

6 Likes

Well, it is every time a question of taste:
I loved the original “Heroes Rise” triology, where you are a superhero , when you are somewhat of a fan of superheros even remotly, play it.
But there isals a dark brother “Fallen Hero” which is also a superhero theme, but with way more dark and with you as the new supervillian.
Do you know Dragon Age? if so, then maybe you will like “Choices of Rebels: Uprising”. Where you literally become Robin Hood in a Tevinter Empire of sorts. If that says you nothing, it is a dark fantasy setting, where you start a rebellion against the cruel empire ruled by wizards, who use blood for their magic.
If you are interest in a VERY, VERY GOOD romance story with supernatural theme, play the “Wayhaven Chronicle” is just the first book and I loved it! And I am not usually one who likes romance novels, but it was simply too good.
That are my recommandations

Isn’t that kinda a spoiler for the second book.

Isn’t always the case. Its depends on some things, also kind of a spoiler to lol.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, no one going to mention MetaHuman Inc ?

1 Like

Oh sorry! Fixed! I just copy pasted this list, I forgot that I even wrote that!

And yeah, I know it can be different but I knew which route my friend was gonna take

1 Like

Gonna throw in a few suggestions that haven’t been mentioned like Community College Hero and Creatures Such as We. The former is one of the few superhero themed stories I enjoy and the latter is just beautifully written. Creatures is very romance oriented if you’re fine with that, can’t recall if you can go ace.

The Infinity series is also an incredible read if you don’t mind navigating the huge amount of in-universe terms and lore.

3 Likes

Well my all time favourites.
Infinity series
Lords of Aswick
Life of a wizard, Life of a mobster and Others by lucid.

2 Likes

In my opinion there is no better game than Highlands: Deep Waters, seriously that game is an absolute gem and should be played by everyone at least once.
The Lost Heir trilogy is really lovely too, loved it and worth a mention between the best games on this site.

4 Likes

One of my personal favorites that hasn’t been posted here, is Divided we Fall, it’s a game in which you play 4 people trying to get by in the Spanish Civil war, I couldn’t do it justice with just a couple of words. It’s really great though.

3 Likes

Here’s screen shots of my favorite CG games:

And of HG:

6 Likes

You’re a CEO who makes people uh…better

Best Choice of Game - Werewolves: Haven Rising, Tally Ho

Best Hosted Game - Wayhaven Chronicles, Magician’s Burden

Best free game - Guinevere

Longest game - Tin Star

Game with the best plot - Wayhaven Chronicles

Game with the best characters - Wayhaven Chronicles, Guinevere, Heart of the House

Funniest game - Evertree Inn, Dragon Racer

Game most likely to make you cry - Grim and I

Game with the most complicated scripting - Gilded Rails

Best game overall - The Wayhaven Chronicles, The Grim and I

4 Likes

WIP VERSION:

Best WIPS:
Shepherds of Haven
Curious Cuisine
Supernatural in New York
Shadow Society
Foxes of SunHolt
Disparia
Agents of Aegis
Honey and Fire
The Golden Rose
Donor
Enchanter’s Misery
Til Death Do Us Part
Drag Star
Demon: Recollect
Witches Curse
Guenevere book 2
Wayhaven Chronicles book 2
Sordwin
Replica
SOS MORTAL COIL…omg so many more…

CONSOLE:
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age Inquisition
Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
FFX
FFXIV
Fable 3
Escape From Monkey Island
Culdcept
TELLTALE SERIES : Walking Dead, A Wolf Among Us, Bordelands

5 Likes

New to CoG and HG so I haven’t read that many but I absolutely love A Study in Steampunk (HG), Wayhaven Chronicles (HG), Werewolves Haven Rising (CoG), Tally Ho (CoG), Samurai of Hyuga series (HG), Heart of the House (CoG) and Zombie Exodus (HG).

Thought A Study in Steampunk is my fav of all; I love the whole dynamic of the story and the relationship the MC has with other characters.

Waiting for the next books of some of these stories and I’ve been eyeing several W.I.P that I’d definitely buy once they’re out.

5 Likes