Beginners Writing Group

Hello, I am. Brand new, a friend introduced me to a couple games here and I saw the ‘make your own’ link and am very intrigued and kind of??? already have the basics of an idea for a storyline, but a beginner’s group sounds perfect since I have no earthly idea what I’m doing lmao

I think I would like to join as well =D

3 Likes

That’s great! And there’s no need to worry because in all honesty I don’t know an awful lot about coding either, but there are plenty of experienced people who are more than happy to help with the group. But that’s also the whole point of the group as well, I wanted to gather up as many people who want to write in CS but may have little or no experience and try to organise some projects and exercises that can help us learn as a group. :grin:

4 Likes

Hey guys, been active on the discord for a little bit now but don’t want to neglect the forum thread either (why did I think it would be a good idea to juggle both?! :sweat_smile:) I wanted to put out some feelers and see what kind of interactive event I could organise. Had some suggestions on discord but wanted to see what people here think too, people learn differently after all!

Haven’t forgotten about you! :grin:

3 Likes

For anyone scrolling this forum:
A December prompt has just been posted in discord!
‘This months prompt is Winter Holidays! Maybe the MC needs to do some holiday shopping. Perhaps the MC is enjoying a nice family dinner when something happens! Whatever it is, big or small, it should be holiday related. Remember: The goals of these challenges are to learn some new coding.’
The goal is to have a different prompt each month to help learn new codes in a fun and interesting way. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, or if you just want a community to share your progress, consider joining the discord! All are welcome!

5 Likes

Just to add a little extra to the last post by @RyoMai the challenge will have a deadline date of the 31st if the “monthly prompt” hadn’t made that apparent already.:sweat_smile:
Also those of you that aren’t a fan of Discord feel free to express your interest here on the forums. And post some thoughts and ideas for a short story. :grin:

1 Like

I’m in :love_letter:

2 Likes

Hiiii can I join??? plus Im new to Discord, so I really need discord friends ahahaa

3 Likes

Of course, no need to ask. Server is open to everyone! :grin:

1 Like

Updated the thread with a link to our first submission for the December Challenge! The aim is to write a very short story with a holiday theme and with the goal of including some element of coding we are uncomfortable with in order to learn better! If you’re interested in submitting a short story feel free to let us know here or on Discord!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas holidays to everyone!

If you can, spend time with your dear ones. Writing is important, but imho people are far more important than that.

6 Likes

Happy 2021!

Let’s all write today, cause “He who writes on new year’s day, will always write all following days”!

4 Likes

Is a good feel. But I’m not sure family would give me time :joy:

3 Likes