Becoming Guardian (WIP) - Updated 03/21/2020

@Morphine Thanks for point these out! :slight_smile: I’ll be sure to fix them later today.

@Noah Thanks! Hope you enjoyed. I’ll be working one fixing typos later today but if you spot any more feel free to post them. :+1:

@Shin_Lee Glad you’re enjoying the story! :smiley:

1 Like

I spotted qiute many though mostly missing “s”
e.g. “she help” it should be “she helps” most of this nature so no biggies

Ah okay, gotchya! :slight_smile:

Samantha’s labor might be a bit longer, since its her first baby.

In the end chose chose to name him…
Extra chose there and forgot you

@lokidemon007 Or is it? Jk, that’s a fair point. :stuck_out_tongue:

@GamesMaster Thanks! Should be updated now

Will we eventually get to have our own child with our RO?

1 Like

Having children of your own will be possible. Though some ROs will be less inclined to do so. It won’t be probably with EVERY RO. And will mostly happen closer to the end of the story/stories.

4 Likes

That’s great I would be fine with it being an epilogue sort of ending. Like with me and Samantha giving her son a brother or sister at the end.

This is a nifty idea. :open_mouth: I approve.

1 Like

I would love it if I could be with everyone, since it would be a little sad, and unfair for the MC not to be able to have your own child (NOT because we do not love our other child)

The option to have kids with the four main characters is a definite

I mean yes and no. If you choose to continue to romance a RO who’s adamant on not having kids it’s something the MC accepts or doesn’t. If a RO doesn’t want kids you’d find that out well before the end of the game.

I’m glad you find the story interesting!

1 Like

So will Samantha tell us who’s the father of son? Or was it just some one night stand gone wrong?

1 Like

A bit disappointing, I know we can not force the other party when he does not want to, but if you look at him from a certain perspective, it’s still unfair for Mc if he has the desire to have his own son.

Sorry, I had not read the comment that the opcion to be able to have a child with the 4 main characters is final, that had made me a little sad.

by the way I had forgotten to say that I love the theme you chose for this story !!

She probably won’t bring it up but there might be an opportunity to ask her about it.

Sam definitely knows the father on a somewhat personal level. She didn’t get pregnant by a complete stranger but her thoughts on him would be along the lines of “you’re hot, we hooked up, that’s it”.

She doesn’t see the identity of the father as something that’s super important or as somethkng she has to share with other people.

Look at who from a certain perspective? A love interest or your main character? I see it as about as unfair as trying to get someone who doesn’t want to do so. :man_shrugging: I’m not sure why it’s a big deal if 3 or 4 out of the 16+ planned ROs are people who don’t want to have their own kids. I think it give way for an interesting opportunity for storytelling

That’s right, there will be an option for that tlwith the main 4 and a majority of the other ROs

I’m glad! I wasn’t sure how interested people would be in the theme and I’m pleasantly surpised my how many people like the idea :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So I went through Katie’s chapter, found some typos and one or two mistakes.

I feel like you’re meant to say ‘breath’, not ‘breathe’

Also believe you’re meant to say ‘intsalled’

I feel like that third choice shouldn’t be there, as that’s entirely a different task.

The highlighted parts is describing the same thing. I would recommend removing the scene shown in the second picture (comes after the one in the first picture).

It says ‘…Michael should be with his family’, but that’s the name for my MC, not the baby (which, in this case, is Elliot).

Beyond that, this is a good story which I hope will continue

1 Like

I’m really glad to here you’re enjoying the story!

Thank you for taking the time to point out those errors! I really appreciate that. :slight_smile: They should be corrected as of now

1 Like

I’ve been visiting the forum for a long time, and I probably know most of the WIPs we have here. Many of them are actually interesting, you know, superhero, demon hunter, teen-ager @ the boarding school, magician… you know, all these classical RPG things and more. All those stuff … tried, tested and trusted. But this little gem of yours, it’s… well, it’s totally different. There has never been ‘something just like this’. That sets it apart. The story you got to tell is a very real one, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s something that has not been explored before. So I am intrigued… let’s hope for the best.
The only thing that concerns me is that it might be really troublesome for you to handle 16 NPCs, their interactions with the MC and making them into some fleshed out characters, rather than just making them honourable mention or placeholder types. But hopefully you can pull it off, so my concerns might be for naught.
So far, I really like what I see. Fingers crossed for the future updates.

5 Likes

Ahhh thank you! It’s crazy to me how much support this story has gotten! Hopefully, when it’s done it won’t disappoint.

That’s definitely a fair concern, it’s one of mine as well. I definitely want to try and avoid placeholder romances. It’s definitely a challenge but I think the relationship (be it romantic or platonic) building aspect lends itself really well to allowing me to explore the characters in depth without sidetracking from the main story too much. The story evolved so much from the initial concept I had for it to be quite honest, which is how I ended up with the idea of having four different story lines to explore. Since each route can be written as it’s own story it allows me to write a handles of love interest for reach of them. Characters who appear offhandedly in one route may have a larger roll in another, become more fleshed out, and be a RO. Or at least that’s the idea. How well I can execute this has yet to be seen. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really glad you’re enjoying the story so far!

4 Likes

Hello!

Sam Chapter Two is now up!

Play Here!

If you have any questions/comment/corrections I’ll be around for all of it until I fall asleep.

Oh, and Happy Easter to those who are celebrating this weekend!

Edit: Also, Happy Passover!

10 Likes