Beast High: Origins (very young WIP)

Right guys!!!
I have nearly completed.the first drawing of Shaun (male) and Shauna (female) they will not be brilliant due to my bad drawing skills and unable to scan it in nor draw it online so please be nice when I show it.

6 Likes

Enlighten me on this subject, is there literally a monster inside you, or does that mean you have a psychopathic personality that you are trying to suppress?

1 Like

You are half monster. Basically, as you have not had any access to magic or any sort of enchanted object you beast side/ magic abilities have been forced to be suppressed with the lack of magic. So when you dream at night your subconscious automatically make you take the form of your beast side since there is nowhere really for your beast to go apart from your soul and dreams. This also explains why you are magically weaker than the other monsters because you are half human and have a lack of connection to your magic, though you can become stronger as you get exposed to the magical energies in the Under layer. So that’s a brief explanation. I haven’t planned far enough to decide wether you can be a full monster or full human so please bare with me.

And the drawings have been eaten by my puppy, I hate that she is a great Dane sometimes. I forget that she can reach the table.

Good news folks.
Shaun(a)s pictures will be up sometime tonight, they are cut out because I had to salvage them.

1 Like

I will try and get a better picture but I am afraid this will have to do unfortunately. so yeah Shauna is the one on the left and Shaun is on the right. each will have something to say to you if you have a high friendship Stat with either of them.

Shaun: “You will never understand what I have been through! My parents deaths, the deaths of my fellow comrades and above all; how low the half breeds have sunk! everyone else sees us as common rodents just waiting to be killed in a dark alleyway, but we are still living things. My sword is now my only method of communication with the pure breeds, my magic the shield against reality…If only someone could see inside of me instead of seeing only my kinds reputation.”

Shauna: “They…They killed my parents right before my eyes, showing no mercy as they took away their lives. But the rebel half breeds came and rescued me, taking me under their wing and showing me that we no longer have to fear the darkness which are pure breeds. they taught me without talking to me like I was some common dog or cat, they had normal conversations with me like every family does. True, I a mixture of the two purist races the Dragonet and Elf, but somehow I am seen as evil and manipulative for being a half breed. If only someone outside the rebels system would show me true kindness, then the wold wouldn’t seem too bad.”

I am planning on friendships to work around the stats the MC has, just to make I easier for me as it means far less romance scenes which I quite frankly cannot write. So for these two I am thinking high Carefree or high Dark stats.

BTW here are planned stats:
-Carefree
-Agility
-Dark
-Light.

• humanity
    -Stealth

This is all, the next drawings are going to be f Slick and Jaime who species are Wild and Slime :smile:.

2 Likes

Male Shaun looks like a werewolf to me…

1 Like

Umm, yeah, sorry I am not a good artist. I know I got the ears wrong and the hair looks odd :sob: :sob: :sob:…

they are cute :blush:

1 Like

Okay this seriously confuses me, how can you be half monster if you choose the option to be a full fledged human? The reason I’m so picky about this matter is because I’m planning a pure human playthrough, so I’m sorry before hand.

2 Likes

The high humanity stat is how in touch are you with your humanity. Basically how much are you human in a mindset or how much are you in touch with your monster side.

Yes, I assumed as much, but what is this ‘monster side’ you’re talking about if in the race selection, you are a plain old human?

In the game, you’re half human and half monster. The stat in question is how much do you lean towards human and how much do you towards monster.

I think you forgot about one little details…

Even though yes, that race selection thingies might be subjected to change

EDIT :
To make my question simpler, is human considered a monster species? If so, then what are we a ‘half’ of? If not, what is this monster side? Our mental disorders?

1 Like

Oh well I clearly missed that. Weird how being human is an option when the game is supposed to be about you being half monster.

2 Likes

They look quite similar,but nice after all. Keep up the good work!

Yes sorry about the human, I was reading off my older notes instead if the new ones.
Quick poll to help me: would you like to be full human or not?

• A human option please
  • No human option
  • Don’t mind

0 voters

@Nightgazer, the other human side doesn’t mean much apart from you being full human and more monsters hating you and the humans loving you.

@Mxm124, you are correct about the humanity stat, it is how much more human you are than monster, the magic one I was thinking about how close you are to your monster side.

Some good news and some bad news…
The good news is that I have magically been able to find the word draft of the first chapter. The bad news is that I still need to learn to code with my 3 day holiday before the tough tests start. Afterwards i do have a bit of a holiday but I want to start to code it now but I don’t know how…

distant sobbing from MWD in the corner

Ah,buck up champ.You’ll eventually get the hand of it.

Great WIP btw.

1 Like

Thank you *sniff. I will have to try, if I learn quick enough I would expect it to be done on Halloween eve.maybe…possible…I dunno
returns to crying

Ok can’t code, just figured that out the hard way. I will have to do research into choicescript whilst juggling studying. Big thank you for being so patient with this wip guys.
Anyways, who wants to see what one of the MCs enemies? I just found a picture and I just need to complete it.