Balance of Superpower 2: Tricentennial (submitted!)

Well, I believe that the goddess is part of that sector with powers that cause discomfort when used because, despite being as powerful as they claim, there have not been many manifestations on her part, so the power she already has must accompany it with his authority in the clandestine field of people with powers so as not to be completely vulnerable to his enemies.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a good point too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw you’re not gonna kill or hurt any of the ROs or friends, do you? Tell me you’re not an angst freak too…

2 Likes

Depends on the route. If you’re doing a hero path, then the RO’s are safe. If you’re doing an anti-hero path, then some of the ROs are not safe and if you’re doing the villain path, then none of them are safe…

1 Like

And what could our parkour girl like? :thinking:

1 Like

For her birthday? Maybe some athletic clothing, like some good freerunning shoes. Maybe some new graffiti paint.

Something like that, I imagine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also imagined that a possible gift would be those foot-shaped shoes so that his Parkour is not limited to the urban environment but to other environments due to the nature of his work, power and abilities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could be, could be :slight_smile:

1 Like

And with that observation, using the D&D categories of villains or rather antagonists, Would they be the only villains that would be Neutral regardless of whether they’re chaotic or lawful?

1 Like

It’s funny you ask that, because when I was first developing the Sinful Seven, I liked the idea of the villains having distinct alignments.

This is what I had in mind:

Goddess is Lawful Evil
Raven is Lawful Neutral
Hive is Lawful Good
Aurum is Neutral Evil
Pandora is True Neutral
Maw is Chaotic Neutral
Black Tom is Chaotic Evil

Something like that, although I can see Pandora and Maw being switched around.

With other villains it’s hard to say; what do y’all think?

1 Like

Well, it surprised me that you consider Hive to be good, although perhaps its intention to snatch people’s will is not with an evil or selfish intention or even that all those it controls were people with a bad background before its control as a Unit in Rick and Morty.

Simply by witnessing death all his life, he possesses a reflexive knowledge about a fundamental characteristic of living beings such as death. As well as an anger at the defense of individuals who hate people like them and in the laws of life he believes that he can decide the fate of people.

To save the search for other users, I will put the descriptions of the character categories used by our programmers/author of the story. But keep in mind that the alignment you use represents many types of personalities so even though two characters carry the same alignment they can be different from each other.

• Good: means altruism, respect for life and concern for the dignity of beings with a conscience. Good characters make personal sacrifices to help others.

• Bad: means to hurt, oppress, and kill others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without thinking if it is convenient to do so. Others actively follow evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some evil deity or teacher.

• Neutral: People who are neutral feel hesitant to kill the innocent, but lack the commitment to make sacrifices and protect or help others. Neutral people commit to others due to personal relationships.

• Legal: Implies honor, trust, obedience to authority, and security. Legal characters tell the truth, keep their word, respect authority, honor tradition, and judge those who do not do their duty. However, being legal can also include a “close-minded” view, adherence to tradition, tendency to judge and also difficulty to adapt. Those who promote “legality” say that only legal behavior creates a society where people can depend on each other and make the right decisions with complete confidence that others will do their part.

• Chaos: implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the other hand, chaos also means contempt for authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Chaotic characters follow their consciences, despise being told what to do, favor new ideas over tradition, and do what they promise if they wish. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only personal freedom allows people to fully express themselves and allows society to benefit from the potential that its individuals have.

• Neutral: Someone who is neutral towards law and chaos has a respect for authority and does not feel a compulsion to rebel or submit. He is honest but can be tempted to lie or deceive others. Devotion to law or chaos can be a conscious choice, so those who are neutral consider that assuming neither side leads to not suffering the worst flaws of both.

And how would the classification of the other villains that Hawk presents us in one of her classes be?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a bit of a stretch to put Hive into the Good category, but I just wanted all the characters to have different alignments, basically. And they also seem like the least violent character. Their goals are motivated by the desire for harmony and equality, even though they go about it in a very twisted way.

Probably something like this:

Resonance is hard to pin down, but I’m leaning in Chaotic direction, just not sure if Evil or Neutral
Stonewall is Lawful Good
Din is Chaotic Evil
Wormhole is Chaotic Neutral
Oris is probably Neutral Evil
Counterfeiter is Lawful Evil
Behemoth is either Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil

1 Like

Well, we could put his power to a more humane use if his goal is to avoid discord. How to control dangerous criminals like in the story with North. Or even resort to their help when there are riots or interrogations of fugitives without the need to torture them. I’m not sure if she can willingly remove her control over individuals though. :thinking:

I would say bad because I think he was behind the bombing of the EU headquarters in Belgium in the previous story.

I would say the second. :neutral_face:

With that background, then if it would be possible to have a story for her in depth and interact with her as a silent character :open_mouth:

Thanks for the answers @Rustem_Khafizov You have a good night :smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes. Well, technically, I intend to give each of these villains at least one interaction, although most of them are only available through the villain route.

1 Like

Well, I’m sure that those with their respective moral profile will correspond to each of the three different routes (Good with heroes, Neutral with anti-heroes and Evil with villains) :slight_smile: Thank you again for the information you provide us with your answers and have a good day in the coming days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good suggestion, but so far only the villain route has any interactions with these villains, with the exception of Noir’s adventure, and, considering what happens in the remaining chapters, there really won’t be much time for the Heroes to talk to any of these guys…

Thanks! I’ll try to finish chapter 9 within a week or so. Right now I have Sami, Flourish, and Oliver finished. Gloria’s one is almost finished, and Misty and Felix remain to be finished. Hopefully, I’ll get them done soon! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Chapter 9 is finally complete with all of the RO adventures being playable now! :slight_smile:

At around 125,000 words, this chapter is the longest in the game and takes up more than 25% of the game’s current word count.

Besides that, I added colorful logos to each of the major superheroic teams and a strategy discussion in chapter 6’s final Hero Program lesson to both routes.

5 Likes

Me likey…

1 Like

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov is it your b’day?!?

2 Likes

Yup; turned 28 today :slight_smile:

3 Likes