Bad Ritual WIP

low-fantasy
gender-choice
nonbinary-inclusive

So, this is the prologue for Bad Ritual, a WIP game wherein you play a low rung grunt in an artifact retrieval corporation in the unglamorous Sanctum City. You consider yourself a fairly capable street-side officer, but when given a simple task that gets wildly out of control you’ll find yourself with a dangerous new job title and a new project straight from your enigmatic boss: destroy Siruud the Devourer, the handsome demon that you’ve bound to yourself.

Right now (counting code) the game covers roughly the first chapter and is a little under 10k.

Find the demo right here !!

And find my Tumblr, and my itch.io page for my other games.

125 Likes

Why destroy it when I can romance it?

31 Likes

But Siruud seems such a reasonable person so far. Why destroy him? Iya-da! Iya-da! :imp:

1 Like

amazing!!! intriguing!!! unique!!! i loved the demo and the way you write this whole new universe :fist::cry: (im not surprised since i love manor hill chef kiss), also mister tall gentle demon i love u

1 Like

That’s gunna be an awkward conversation with Tahira when the time comes :rofl:

you have no business making Siruud like That :joy: my gay little heart can’t take it
(side note, i’m loving this! your writing’s great and i can’t wait to see what comes next! also any game that allows me to have poison magic goes HARD)

3 Likes

was trying the demo last night and then the thread dissapeared . Was kinda sad actually , cose I wanted to comment!

But its back! So yay!

I though I be dissapointed…but I’m surprised . Your writing is good , and funny at some places !

I also…voting for the ‘‘hit stuff cose me angry’’ personality! so far its my favorite! I love it !

Wish you all the best with the story ! cose I want MOAR! :grin:

1 Like

This is amazing! Your story had me chuckling to myself the whole time. It shows so much promise and the writing is incredible.

1 Like

Good game I’m looking forward for more. One question though do you plan on having romance in this game?

1 Like

Yes! Both Siruud and Tahira are planned romance options at the moment.

9 Likes

The more urgent question to ask is HOW. He’s a BIG fella :rofl:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked both Manor Hill AND this :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I’m so excited to get to integrate like actual scenes where the player can utilise their magic. Poison especially since I mean, it won’t necessarily be infallible…

1 Like

Yeah I got flagged as spam at first— probably because it was my first post on the forum and contained three links— so I think it went down for a little bit. It was the same with me trying to respond to comments, so I’m sort of pleasantly surprised that right now I can just respond right away. And I’m glad you like the “punch it 'til you’re not mad” personality (I think I named it irritable by the end but it went through a few different names) !! I always kind of lean renegade/aggressive in video games and wanted to try my hand at it :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

ohh renegade :heart_eyes:

Btw…since you are the author…would hate if you get flagged for spam…again lol

but when you reply to many peoples , you can just go @someonename . So you do it in one clean go…:smiley:

1 Like

VERY good tip thank you very much :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

This is so so so cool. Your writing flows so nicely and actually has some personality to it lol? This is a weird thing to say but it feels playful in a way and I love it!

Also. Yes. Demon man hot. Want smooch. Tahira is pretty cool too! Just radiates goddess vibes. You’ve managed to give your characters unique voices in only a few pages which is really freaking impressive.

Just a tiny note, for hair color I think it’s more common to call it red hair (or even ginger) rather than orange. It’s really insignificant though. I feel embarrassed just nitpicking because everything else is amazing.

4 Likes

Thank-you and I’m glad you liked it :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: And you’re absolutely right about the red vs orange thing, but I did put both of them in separately just because as I played some other games I got the impression that when I picked “red” they were talking about like dark blood red, whereas I had picked it specifically to have carrot-hair. I decided to separate the two (maybe a little awkwardly) just so that players could pick either (which, unlike something like having light blonde vs dark blonde hair, feel like two entirely different colours).

4 Likes

Nice game!

2 Likes