Bad Ritual WIP (UPDATED 04/08/2020)

I like the concept for this game a lot, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it as its updated!

I did have two minor issues:

• I don’t know if this is just a me thing but I felt like the game was trying to emphasizes that the MC finds both their boss and the demon hot without any input from me. Its not a huge deal but I do wish we had a choice in whether we thought they were good looking or not.

• I found the choice of how our apartment is decorated a little out of place.

I’m curious about the world building, and will definitely take a peak at the games tumblr to learn more! Can we learn more magic than what our initial choice is? For example, healing magic from our boss?

I'm just going to leave this here, all I could think about when the MC is trying to leave the office with the pen caps

19 Likes

PFT THE PICTURE. And it’s valid as I could have given you the option to pick whether or not they were attractive to you; I think my overall goal was just to emphasize that these two were the romanceable ones, as different pre-release testers were unsure if it was a one-or-the-other situation (and I initially wrote it a little skewed in Siruud’s direction because, well, me as a person). Moving forward it’ll operate differently as you actually gain the ability to pick but I’m not sure that I would edit it out. They are, after all, supposed to be two very attractive people regardless of how the Agent feels about it.

You’re also right about the apartment. If you have more feedback on it (ie whether it was out of place as in it seemed strange for the Agent to be thinking about at that moment, or out of place as in you had no idea why it was pertinent to decorate your apartment) I’d love to hear it; I’ve started the next chapter trying to make that stat relevant but it might be more useful for me to remove it altogether (it’s in there purely because the Agent needed to spin around in that desk chair for a little while, and in previous versions they had done so while ruminating on their job position which I move forward in the timeline).

5 Likes

Just that they were thinking about how they decorated it in that moment. I’d love to know a bit more about the MC’s job in that situation, and then choose the apartment decor later on when we are at the apartment (assuming that’s where the next chapter was heading). But it was a nitpick really, so even if it is left as currently is, its not a big deal!

4 Likes

Ah yes, my favorite COG W.I.P “Demon Piss.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

SHHHHHH… trying to drag me here of all places smh… :joy:

1 Like

MC when the box opens and they get bounded to a sexy archdemon:

Gif

40 Likes

This is so, WILDLY accurate :joy:

4 Likes

Tahira: Where did the demon go?

MC:

28 Likes

I love the WIP. Any time I see an MC in a strange situation, I get more interested and in this one, boy they’re in trouble. I look forward to see the messes they will get into next.

Do you plan on adding more choices to the apartment decorations? Books or strays or a lot of soft blankets and pillows?

5 Likes

Pft, or Tahira when the MC actually tells her :joy:

5 Likes

I can do that !! I rearranged it so that you look at your apartment while you’re in your apartment, so I think it makes sense to have more options !!

2 Likes

Someone mentions a hot demon guy and I’m there! And this is one romance I want to pursue. Aside from that, the story itself seems really promising and I like the concept of sealing demons into artifacts. It’s unique and interesting enough so far that I think many people will want to read! Especially me XD Keep up the good work!

13 Likes

Thank-you !! I hope it stays interesting !! :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I’m not gonna go in depth about how much I like it -cause it all has been said before, already this looks so promising and fun, I was kinda sad when the demo ended-
But I wanna gush about the humor in this WIP and how well it’s delivered, keeping -for me at least- admittedly dire situations lighthearted, without turning them too goofy or taking away from the danger or the darker themes.
At least that’s how I saw it, I guess.

Ahhhhh, friend075

22 Likes

Thanks !! I’m glad you like it and hope it stays good :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Haha! I get it! He’s hot because he’s a demon!

8 Likes

oh yes…scorching… :wink:

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, I absolutely adore poison magic

2 Likes

Ummm I’m not very good at English so I’m a bit confused at these choices except shaved…

…down and pushed back
…down and loose
…up and very tidy
…up and a bit messy
…shaved

I guess up to down are mean long hair and short hair?

1 Like

I like read of bad ritual

1 Like