Back and forth question moment

I want my story to cancel out an option that has already been chosen and then they get to go back to the other options.
For example, questions they already ask to a character I want to be cancelled out and then they go back to the questions
to select a different question. How do I do this? Can you show a code example?

label questions

*hide_reuse #Question 1
*goto questions

*hide_reuse #Question 2
*goto questions

*hide_reuse #Question 3
*goto questions

1 Like

The command you are looking for is hide_reuse.

For example, in my game I want the player to pick two out of four possible options for their armor. In order to do that I need two things. First, the hide_reuse command so they can’t pick it again, and then a temporary flag I called ‘choice’ so I will know whether to take them back to the select choice, or onwards to the next segment. One of the choices is set up like this:

*label powers
*page_break I want…

After careful consideration, you pick:

*choice
  *Hide_reuse #Stronger armor and shielding.
    "I was told that the armor and shielding of the suit were of utmost importance." 

You know that eventually you will end up fighting people like Lady Argent or Marshal Steel, and then you will need all the armor you can get if you end up getting hit. You've seen what they can do to people. Hopefully Dr. Mortum can help deal with that.
    *set suit_armor true
    *set infamy + 20

*if choice
      "Good, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange," Dr Mortum says as ${mhe} rubs ${mhis} chin thoughtfully. "Just have to be careful with the weight distribution."
      *goto look

*else
      "Good, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange," Dr Mortum says as ${mhe} rubs ${mhis} chin thoughtfully. "Just have to be careful with the weight distribution."
      *set choice true
      *goto powers

As you can see, if the ‘choice’ tag has not been set to true, they will be taken back to the same ‘powers’ label, and able to pick a second choice. If the choice flag is enabled, they will instead go to the ‘look’ label where the story continues.

1 Like

Thanks again, works like a charm.