Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

I think you get that across well enough…
I mean as it seems now, who would actually stop us? Maybe we don’t have the power to take down a whole army with our magic, but does anybody even want to risk it?

And the authorities probably see more merit in letting our magic work for them…or at least not against them.
Letting us bend the rules/laws once or twice seems less inconvenient than restraining us.

I think the old comsequence system would work well here: good stuff pays off later on, bad stuff immediately.

For example- get an apprentice killed (I dont know how this helps) but in the future could get you arrested.

Helping the farmers/ other people- No immediate payoff- unless you just want money, but the farmers could support you later on, and the woman could be a princess or something!

It’s already specified that the wolf is female and the bear is male. I suppose I should do the same for the cat and dog.

Exactly! I’m also trying to give you the option to be a villain with good publicity, so everyone loves you even if you’re not doing nice things out of the goodness of your heart…

1 Like

“You will never forget the tone of her voice”

And then we do. xD

3 Likes

Nope what i meant That if you choose you like animals you get statboost if you dont like animals you dont get that boost. so if you dont like animals you should get different stat boost.
Essentially you gain better Stats based on Your character personality, Penalizing those characters that dont go into animal lovers camp

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Perhaps I’ll make it so that only taking the ‘escape on the wyvern’ option gives you the stat boost. The other two give you magic boost and a personality boost. But there’s not really a way to fit in the knowledge and combat stats at that point … maybe you could have ‘despite your lack of memory you suddenly recall a fact about wyverns’ for knowledge, but combat? I think ‘punch the wyvern’ would just lead to a very early Game Over :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

How about “Try to overpower the stranger and escape”?

1 Like

@Scribblesome perhaps having two facts one normal for knowlage and the second something like
Suddenly your Insticts tell you that animal breathes fire.

The only thing I’d like more for interacting with the stranger is trying to needle them or get under their skin. They’re clearly riled enough when you press them about themselves, but I’d like to go a bit further just to see how they react. Very nice WIP so far.

@CaesarCzech: I’ll add it to the future edits list - I’m probably going to end up reworking the first two chapters a bit.

@Bootsykk: Hmmm, interesting (and cagey Stranger is fun to write!). If you were trying to needle them, though, how would you do it? What would you focus on?

1 Like

I really hope to get back all my magical powers.

You’ll get the chance to … one way or another. :smiley:

That stone gave us more magic or only awakened what was already there?

Gave you more. As in, beyond what regular people are generally capable of.

So if i find other stones…? I can become even more powerful?

I haven’t decided yet whether multiple stones would make you evem more powerful, or just kill you from overload. But yes, if you found one more, in the state you’re in now, it would boost you back to your old power levels. But they’re not exactly easy to find…

1 Like

Hmmm… it’s hard to say. Given their personality I imagine to a point they would realize what was going on and turn it back to the MC. So, a few ways I’d think of trying:

-insisting on the reason why they won’t tell you about themselves much (i.e. embarassment, something to hide, etc)
-teasing them about their caution, such as with the Wyvern escape
-bluntly hitting on them (though this is more because I’m curious to see how they react at all–amused? Irritated? Confused? Apathetic?)
-poking through their things

For a surefire way more opportunities to be up front since they seem lost at the MC’s earnest confrontations, like their differing responses between asking if they are a friend when you first meet versus later.

I just kind of want to bully Stranger a bit. Any opportunity to find something and make them squirm, but what is harder for me to pin.

1 Like

See, I know what would really piss them off, but at this point the MC doesn’t, so it’s good to get some outside perspective on it, thanks :slightly_smiling: I might expand the dialogue in Chapter Four a bit more, then.

:laughing:

That was a good demo. The story itself is really interesting. The story is done, a of now, genereally in flashbacks, but we know there is still more to this that those flashbacks. I really like how the MC can be so snarky and ruthless. Good job on this one Ü hoping for an update. I’ll be patiently waiting for the time this goes up for sale too. Good luck!

1 Like

@iota_moon005: Thank you! :blush:
In case anyone was wondering, chapter five is coming! But it will take longer now that I’m back at work. I might update it in chunks, rather than waiting for the whole chapter, as there’s going to be a present bit and a past bit (unless it gets so out of control that they end up turning into separate chapters)

6 Likes