Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

What on this Earth could possibly possess you to say such a thing? :hushed:

It is the fact that I used the word ‘about’, is it not? :confounded:

Stop suffocating cats!

@Nekumura will get you for this!

Ummm, what’s going on?

With all the suspicious shadows being thrown about … I was getting confused :smile_cat:

Mostly, I’m just trying to keep up with @Scribblesome 's WiP… I enjoy it a lot.

2 Likes

My cats Q.Q
(goes silently into a corner and cries)

I just followed @UmbraLamia to this place

I shall seek the exit now!

Dude, when you said [quote] trying to keep up with your WIP [/quote]
I was genuinely confused, lol. Because you replied directly to my post. :joy:

2 Likes

What happened here? :astonished:
Don’t suffocate cats! Especially not silver cats…

@Zolataya: thank you!

2 Likes

Is it bad that whenever we have a flashback and play as our actually powerful self I always sing this song to myself? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What is this about suffocating cats?!? SMH :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

Yo, I really like it! Love the flashbacks we have and the fact that we are on a constant state of distrust towards Silver since we don’t know jack about them. Although I must say that I wasn’t psyched (romantically speaking) with any character. The apprentice girl and the girl with the bow (sorry, I’m bad with names) had little physical description to make a mental idea of what they look and both had little dialogue to have and idea of they personality. Nevertheless, I cannot wait for more! And maybe you’ll get into those aspects later on and I’m just rushing.

2 Likes

@Jjcb: Amazing :laughing:

@Baam: Thanks! And there’s definitely going to be more chances to talk to both, especially the apprentice.
I could flesh out the descriptions some more, I guess. Although, I was sort of holding back from that to start with because I thought with LIs people might want more of their own idea of what the characters look like. What do you guys think - do you like detailed descriptions of characters or do you prefer it left more to your own imagination and ideas of what’s attractive?

3 Likes

Both options work for me, but it’s interesting to know how the author imagine their characters

I would prefer to have it not too detailed, I suppose, but either will work for me too. Thus, whichever works for you, I’ll go with that. :relaxed:

Well, I would say keep it balanced? If you give no description some people will just see a blank void for the character, but give too much description and people may will feel put off by it (in a sense of “stop invalidating my imagination”). So try to find a middleground or do what you would prefer.

2 Likes

I always say the more details about NPCs, the better. I prefer to have a… foundation to base my mental rendition of an NPC off of 'cause otherwise they might all start to look about the same, you know? See, the way you described Cren made me go “That’s him. That’s the one I want for my MC.” I mean, if my MC’s going to ogle at Cren, then I think both he and I appreciate having a clearer description of how he looks. Especially if there happens to be some nice sheen in there… /coughs subtly/ :blush:.

Sounds like I could do to beef the descriptions up, then :slight_smile:

Sheen? Not sure I understand…

3 Likes

Oh, you know… that nice li’l sheen of sweat after certain exertions. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Ahhh, gotcha :wink: If exertions happen, I’ll be sure to mention it!

5 Likes

Still alive! Haven’t been writing for about a week, but I’m back making my way through the Neverending Chapter.

I do have a question though - I’m tweaking some things in Chapter Four (where you first meet the apprentice) and am starting to feel like there should be more made of how the MC feels/felt about having all this power and responsibility on them. However, I know ‘how do you feel’ fake choices are generally frowned upon. Any ideas on how to do this well? Or am I going the wrong way on this and it’s aomething that should be left to the player’s imagination?

12 Likes