Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

That’s enough talking

Missing a period. I chose Aden because he (and his ideas) struck me as interesting, and I’m a moralistic person.

1 Like

Aden

Malina

Also missing periods. This is when you say I’ve decided.

The face of your apprentice fades away, and before you know it everything is breaking up again, bringing to back to the here and now.

Should be you instead of to.

Mechanically Minded: Choose an apprentice. (25 points)
Firestarter: Choose an apprentice. (25 points)

Should be: Mechanically Minded: Choose Aden as your apprentice.
Firestarter: Choose Malina as your apprentice.

Also, I get three choices when I choose Iron Door, Information About Stranger, and Books.

I actually chose Malina because of her problems. Aden is driven and charasmatic, and not morally skewed, so he should still do fine out in the world. Malina, however, is world weary and more likely to turn evil. She also has very strong magical powers. I feel that my character will be able to make a bigger impact be teaching Malina than Aden.

3 Likes

Giving bugs/help is great, but instead of making 3 posts you could edit the first one: it makes the topic flow better! :blush:

In the fight, does Malina always lose? Because sometimes she does or doesn’t, does it depend on our stats or is it random?

Yup, that’s because checking the door and the room takes less time than doing stuff with the books or weapons. It’s a feature, not a bug, I swear! :sweat_smile:

Malina will always win if you choose the ‘fight’ option first, because Aden then doesn’t know what he’s up against.

It’s interesting seeing who people chose and why! I’d like to think the two are different enough that the choice seems balanced. :slightly_smiling: @qpinskey: you can certainly be a good influence on Malina … then again, you can also be a very bad one. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Kill him and become my apprentice! (Not a sith lord!) Oh i love that scene.:joy:

Ah, I was wondering if anyone had got that particular achievement yet! :smile:

Why Malina lose only because i ask her questions before?

I don’t know if you’ve figured this out, but I think person fits well for the nonbinary option. :slight_smile:

Edit: That’s great! I really appreciate it when authors take their time to put a nonbinary option in their game, so thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

The logic is that taking more time before the fight lets Aden prepare for it better - but maybe I should change it so he only wins if you scare the merchant and he sees her use magic. I guess it makes less sense if you only do the conversations. Then again, maybe he was listening in on you :smiley:

@Lola098: Yep, that’s what I’ve changed it to, actually! Just haven’t updated the demo yet.

1 Like

Yeah i think the conversation shouldn’t affect the fight. And if we don’t choose the merchant option the fight could be random.

OK, I’ve now changed it so that if the fight isn’t the first choice and Malina didn’t threaten the merchant, it flips a coin for who wins.

So…will we have a chance to meet the one we didn’t choose as an apprentice later in the game?

Hmmm, maybe? unless they’re dead, of course (though taking that option will definitely have an impact later)

1 Like

I made the nice male apprentice (Aden or something) kill Malina, but I didn’t think he’d actually do it!
All I wanted was 2 apprentices :cry:

1 Like

There can only be one!

4 Likes

Why must you torment me so?

That’d actually be a good thing to say to the stranger :wink: if your a minor noble, of course.

Serious question though: does it seem plausible enough that you would be able to order a killing like that without anyone saying anything? I was trying to give the impression that everyone is so in awe of you that you could get away with it - and you do have to have a certain level of authority to pull it off.

I chose Aden; he was the obvious choice for me because to me Malina isn’t as potentially challenging as she is potentially annoying. My MC would demand a certain degree of respect and restraint from an apprentice.

Btw, about our pet, will its gender ever be specified or not? It just has something to do with what I would call it. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know how this is very relevant, but it just reminded me of choosing a pet in Tin Star and how the game had a set gender for each potential pet and how our fae cat/dog in Guenevere is automatically male.

I like how you leave the ending. My immediate reaction after finishing it is “Oh, f***.”