Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

Speaking of the opposite stats bar,while I don’t like it all that much,I’ve played some games that have used it effectively.(and some of them are games that I like anyway!) Still, if given a choice I’d rather have fixed stats because of what you said.
Yeah,I also feel like the MC’S reactions are too tied to opposing stats. I would like to have the a cooperative MC who doesn’t want to be a Headmaster for one example. I don’t like the fact that when the MC chooses to be neutral,their apprentice rags on them for it. I want the opportunity to explain why we made that choice.

1 Like

@InfiniteDreamer, which apprentice and which neutral option (intervening but not picking a side or not intervening) did you choose? Because there should be an option to tell the apprentice why you’re doing it.

Oh,never mind then. I thought there wasn’t one. I’m sorry,I was mistaken. It’s been a while since I last played

Status update: the first part of chapter 6, set in the present, is pretty much done. The next part of the chapter will be back into the memories, starting with the tax wagon attack or something a bit different for the neutrals. And just from trying to outline the code, it’s going to be… kind of big. It’ll take a while.

I’m also taking the chance to rewrite parts of previous chapters, adding stuff to 1, 3, and some slight changes to 2 and 4. Including more MC personality options!

So overall I’m hoping to get an update out with the rewrites and the first part of chapter 6 out sometime in this next week.

Also, I’ve been designing Maltheran noble fashions.

frilly

25 Likes

Edit: the poll won’t work :cry:

Which of the MC family backgrounds have you been choosing?

• Farmer
  • Merchant
  • Minor Noble
1 Like

I don’t think your poll inserted properly, but… it’s a farmer’s life for me. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve never chosen merchant, I make either nobles or farmers characters.

1 Like

Always noble.
I’ve never tried the others.

1 Like

Hmm, I was wondering if more people would go for noble (and if that meant it was a waste of time writing material for the others).

Merchant…Coming from a family of nobles sounds troublesome and being a farmer sounds like work…

Heh, well the merchant probably had the most prosperous upbringing, at least. The noble is noble in name only by now.

1 Like

That’s why I chose them. It’s the background with the least trouble at least obviously.

The farmer is an underdog in their position. They don’t even have a noble name and really are the ones to start from nothing.

The noble on the other hand may starts in poverty but a name still can open doors even when your poor. IIt can give one connections others may don’t have. And knowing the right people can be a ridiculous advantage.

The merchant on the other hand pretty much had it good. The only thing obvious negative was them never being at the same place for a long time, always travelling, neither status or wealth or the heritage of an once great name.

And I imagine my MC as someone who never could stop travelling and settle/call a place home (besides maybe their studies) at least in their mind. So I prefer this background.

3 Likes

Farmer.

I live on a farm in real life. Good way to get in shape, and my characters are always strapping young muscle bound homos.

3 Likes

Aw, I like that.

So there’s at least one person at the school who lifts more than books! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I always go for merchant and noble.
Asher is a noble and I can’t stop picturing him dancing in the upcoming ball scene you mentioned, even though he’s a loner :blush:

1 Like

He can still dance if he’s a loner :slight_smile:
I have to say, I’m really looking forward to that chapter myself.

5 Likes

Actually,I picked the not intervening at all option. My MC wanted to do this partially because she didn’t care and partially because she doesn’t want to bind herself to a side unknowingly,if that combination makes sense.

1 Like

Ah, and did your apprentice go along with it, or take matters into their own hands?

I’ve always chosen farmer, but I think I’m going to try noble.

2 Likes

Y’know, I’m going to try that in the future too. Mostly 'cause I’m curious how Cren would react to that. Tell me you plan to add a reaction for that, @Scribblesome. :persevere:

1 Like