Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

That should have been a hug btw :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was playing this game again and decided for the first time to go look for the Stranger instead of staying with Mara and Cren. And I have to say I loved that scene. Good job in making me care even more for the Stranger ^^

Now I am wondering what kind of memory the Stranger was refering to after that

1 Like

@LordOfLA: Unfortunately it is a hug of death.

@Lyanna: You’re the first person I know who’s found that scene! It was kind of shaped by finding out how much people seemed to like the character.

4 Likes

I was playing with a loner MC who didn’t trust the Stranger but knew that he needed them to recover his memories. However when I found them like that my mean attitude dropped very quickly. I was never good at being bad :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Same here. Such flawed creatures are we. :blush:

1 Like

@Scribblesome And here I’m just woefully mourning over the fact that Silver isn’t an RO. Their turning into a bloody cat does not help matters any. And that I basically read them a bedtime story.
The stat boost was pleasing, though.

Also,

I believe it should be a comma in the middle of the sentence instead of a full stop.

Dang it, I’ve pretty much fallen in love with Silver right from the start. I mean, they’ve got elegance, eloquence, arrogance, exotic talents, and not to mention they’re aesthetically astonishing. I’ll never get over not being able to romance them. Is it at all possible to change your mind about not making Silver an RO? :sob:

EDIT:
I know this was from forever ago but

YES.

6 Likes

@Taylor_Enean It’s a sad world when goodness is considered a flaw, but I have to admit that it’s not always a good strategy. I would be one of the first characters to die in the game of thrones.

@CrayFoPottah I was also disappointed when I read that Silver wasn’t an RO. Well, I’ll have to content myself with reading them a bedtime story (while secretly hoping @Scribblesome change their mind :blush: )

4 Likes

I know, me too. With every new update and interaction with Silver I fall more and more in love with them. :flushed: I just wish @Scribblesome could reconsider their decision and make Silver a RO. :sob:

4 Likes

Just over here cackling evilly at the thought of what’s to come… :laughing:

@Taylor_Enean @Lyanna But the evil path is fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Scribblesome OH COME ON. :cry:
This is why I should never fall in love. You like someone, imagine the happy prospects of a future with them, and then BOOM, eternal suffering for any reason imaginable. And unimaginable.

Could you at least give us the option to pet the Cat!Silver or stroke its fur?
BECAUSE CAT.

IF I CAN’T HAVE LOVE
I WILL AT LEAST HAVE CAT (:joy:)

6 Likes

Not saying it’s not fun, I just never could be mean to any of my companions in the previous games I’ve played. But don’t worry, I’m not gonna abandon my loner MC. He will get his powers back (along with the fear people have for him :smiling_imp: )

1 Like

@Scribblesome This sounds ominous, and I’m scared. Please don’t break our hearts. :worried:
@CrayFoPottah Omg I had the same thought, while playing the scene. I wanted so badly to pet them in their cat form. :blush:

2 Likes

I am willing to give people the benefit of doubt as well as a second chance - except if you betray my trust, because my trust is hard to gain and, I fear, impossible to ever restore fully. :pensive:

Grudges, however, are poison for the soul, so forgive, that I can do. Forget, not so much. :blush:

I would be dead before I could be even considered for that. Death by proxy-consideration. :fearful:

Might very well be, but it has been scientifically established that I always and for ever fail hilariously at being mean in games, let alone evil. :flushed:

Sooo… While I may not want to romance our Stranger, I’m certainly treating him as I would want to be treated, and who can resist a [slightly heavy] cat? :grin: Wonder if he likes his tummy tickled? :grinning:

2 Likes

:cold_sweat: I’m not doing it just to be mean, I swear! I just can’t say why without spoilers :sweat_smile:

Hmm, I think in that particular scene they wouldn’t appreciate petting with the injuries. Other times? eh… depends how much they like you, I suppose.

You can have a real pet cat in the past, though? :smiley: Talking of which, at the moment you only get a pet if you have some animal skills, but would you all prefer the option to have at least a cat/dog regardless of the skill? (I have to say, the cat won’t really do much. It will just be mentioned here and there)

Also, how are you lot treating your apprentice?

1 Like

With embarissing open flirting, what did you expect? If Silver is no option I have to take someone else :smirk:

oh, oh I have an new epileptic tree theory for them when we are at it! They are a being of pure magic, fabricated by us to further exploit our power. So technically they are something like our child/Frankenstein, though I guess the circumstances that lead to their creation makes them more to a tool as a child in this situation. But we are the closest to a parent they can have, so no magical incest allowed. Ta-Da! :grinning: (Sorry should my wild mass guessing annoy you, but I have to give my brain a reason to not hope for a romance I will never get, and as you see I’m in desperate need to come up with explenations, until you will give us Le big revelation)

3 Likes

I love the epileptic tree theories; guess away :smiley:

And I just realised you can flirt with the apprentice regardless of your orientation. Not sure if I should take that out - maybe just say the MC is kind of a flirt but not have it set the potential romance trigger?

So, maybe I’m completely blind but I never got any option to flirt with anyone, and with everyone talking about how you can blatantly do so I’m getting confused here. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

You can flirt with either apprentice at the start of the memory in chapter 5. With Malina it’s more subtle - the ‘lucky to have you’ option.

If you’re attracted to men, choose to go and talk to Cren, and get along with him well enough that he offers you some new clothes, you can flirt with him then.

You can also blatantly hit on Stranger at the start of Chapter Four, when you’ve exhausted all options in the ‘I want to talk about you’ tree. But they’re not exactly happy about it :laughing:

1 Like

Considering I’ve always choosen Malina, it makes sense now since it wasn’t really that blatant or anything. Thank you for quick response.

1 Like

It looks like Stranger’s gonna break lots of hearts. Mine shall remain intact just as long as they stay around. I would be genuinely saddened if anything bad happened to them. They have plot armor, right? And future fluffy friendship scenes planned? :smiley:

My apprentice is treated respectfully. It’s nice to have the option to flirt, even if I’m not particularly inclined to. It’s cool how enthusiastic Aden is about his inventions.

I think this is a good idea. On the other hand, is there a way to NOT have a pet, even if you have animal skills?

1 Like