Author Marketing - 2018

I have been pondering a patreon, but it’s more than a little daunting. I am far better at writing than marketing, but I’m glad it’s working out for you! It’s interesting to see non-artists doing it! Writers are so unerrepresented.

I thought it might be daunting too, but it basically takes 10 minutes to set up.

I looked at Kickstarter to possibly publish something with dead tress, but that’s so project specific, and it’s crazy hectic anyway with the short time frame and all or nothing approach.

I like how Patreon lets you start slow and build up over time with minimal pressure. And I think it’s a great platform for folks like us writing time-intensive stories, where you might want to deliver supplemental content to fill in the gaps between story releases.

And I loved Fallen Hero, btw. I read it on vacation and it saved me on my long flight home.

I just read this article from one of the Failbetter Games marketers, and it’s got useful tips about making sure your marketing material represents your game while making it stand out. May be of interest to people in this thread: https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/interviews-and-opinion/67383/insight-how-to-brand-your-game-through-words/