Auralites [WIP / Updated 9-24]

Interesting concept for a story; it isn’t the most original, but I do appreciate the semi-fresh take on it. I have gotten through the first chapter, and I look forward to continuing as time makes its way to me.

If you are interested, I have noted the grammatical mistakes I found (note: grammar wasn’t my main concern as I’m sure you’ll go back over it with a fine pick), my first-impressions, and my take on your coding choices. You can view all that by visiting this DropBox link:

Edit: Fixed grammar.

7 Likes

Wow, thanks very much for the review. I really value feedback like this!

3 Likes

Wow, read the first chapter like 10 times and its still a good read…your a great writer!

I just noticed dropbox link is not working so I’ve changed the link to dashingdon, nothing new since last year. Enjoy!

8 Likes

oh well. Its good to hear from you again pal :smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

@moonwalkerdragon Thanks~ :sunny:

There will be a new update soon, once I can figure out what I was coding before I took a a break, it’s a huge mess at the mo. So, so many paths…

9 Likes

I like the demo, its interesting and has a good story hope u update it

1 Like

I loved this WIP when it first came out, glad to see you are updating it again

1 Like

Welcome back @seabean

1 Like

Okay, a decent update is up today. Added a few new auralite options, that were requested waaaay back: Wolf, Reaper, Gryphon. And I added my own, personal favorite: a Hydra.

Also snuck in a chance to flirt with a certain character in Ch. 3

Oh, and a save system is up.

Finally, the quiz is now working! At least, I hope so. Find out your most open chakra and in turn, the best color for your aura. You can take the quiz as yourself or maybe RP as the character you want to play as. Or just choose stuff at random and realize the quiz is meaningless in the end. Be sure to share your results and how much they apply to you… Enjoy!

6 Likes

trainingmontage line 437: Non-existent variable ‘carmenromance’

You didn’t quite let us flirt properly :slight_smile:

Also, if you set up an auric shield in the first fight, it doesn’t set your magic appropriately.

1 Like

Should all be fixed shortly. :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you~

I had forgotten about this WIP, but after playing the new update I’ve realized how much I’ve missed it. I’m glad the wolf option was added! And the gryphon too. And I saw some of the “evil path” you once mentioned, I loved it! I think there should be more characterization for the MC, though. You know, sarcastic, aloof, charming, etc. Otherwise the MC feels kinda like a NPC. I’m looking forward to see how this progresses.

@Baam Glad ya like it! I have been working on more personality options, hopefully tomorrow’s update will reflect that. Thank you. :sunny:

4 Likes

Got it when I got the hydra

Well, that’s strange. Checking it out now.

edit: FIXED! I was so confused for a sec. Just a missing *goto

edit edit: I also fixed the save function, wasn’t working properly but NOW you should be able to save. Tomorrow’s update will change some stuff so I recommend not saving at all until some of the variables are ironed out.

Through some of the choices I feel like I can make my Mc have a real Tsundere personality and I’m loving it. Thanks for working on this one again! I didn’t realize how much I missed it since the first time I played through

The Reaper and Hydra are officially my favorite auralites

2 Likes

Speaking of romance, is Ian the only male option? (I’m assuming Kevin is too young; he doesn’t have a cute older brother, does he? ;P)

Otherwise, not seeing any problems with the story; good luck! :smile: