Auralites [WIP / Updated 9-24]

Eh, a Komodo dragon would probably work for fire, if you relied solely on the meaning. Though a poison/toxic ability would work more fluidly with a Komodo, well, since they practically can digest their prey with the bacteria(?) that they have in their mouth.

Animals like lions and tigers are closely tied to fire, but I believe that it’s mostly due to their appearance and the fact that some were even worshipped as gods of the sun.

A worm for earth! Amirite! Up Top! :smile:

1 Like

Oh, man, I remember seeing this WIP some years ago and being really disappointed that it died off. I’m super glad to see it being worked on again! I really liked the concepts and ideas it has. I’m excited to see where you take this! :grin:

1 Like

To be honest, we should have the option to “let him die”, rather than “kill him”. Cuz, you know, he’s like, our grandpa?

1 Like

hey how about you use a shoebill for wind :wink: find a picture of one and you can see how awesome they are. and the salamander would be better for either fire or water since it can do well in both, and also check out their close relation the GIANT salamander, but for fire now I think about it a bit more you should consider the option of Tasmanian Tiger I know they are extinct but they look like a cross between a fox and a tiger and they are sooo CUTE :blush:!!!
EDIT: NOOO, Don’t kill Josen!!!

@Silhuetta No, the only differences between auralites are purely aesthetic.

Lol, Josen won’t be dying. :smile:

The first dream scene with the shadow though,instant trigger for the sound of silence for me :sweat_smile:

Can’t wait for the evil path,I’m so excited :grin:

1 Like

I shall become evil by destroying public buildings, letting my auralite lose in parks and-
Actually I shall be a good person and will defiantly NOT try to destoy my cousin. :innocent:

You know that’s not gonna happen. It’s too tempting.

I’m just waiting for my mc’s chance to whip Kevin into shape.:smiling_imp:

Their Pegasus will stomp whatever Auralite that he had into the dust.

1 Like

To be honest, I think my MCs mermaid is p******** off with me so there is no chance of it taking orders from me.

Out of curiosity, @seabean, how much autonomy does the MC’s auralite have? I’m just curious because in the dream sequence, it takes an active role in leading you somewhere. Are they more of a ‘being’ within dreams? Do they gain the ability to communicate with our MC? Can they act on their own volition? On that line of thought, has there ever been an auralite that has acted beyond the summoner’s will? A rogue auralite, if you will.

1 Like

Really good question! Everything your auralite does it does without you needing to prompt it, since it knows what you want it to do. The best way I can explain it is that because auralites are a physical manifestation of your aura, they know intuitively what you desire to do with it. So, there’s not really any autonomy in this sense, since they’re so closely tied to you.

I don’t want to give away much but the dream scene makes sense in this way because the object you came across was “calling” you, attracting you toward it and your auralite acted as a kind of means to find it.

Hope this makes sense!

Also as a general update to my last, my internet is going to be reinstalled next Tuesday, and I’ll immediately be putting it up on that day. Thanks for sticking around and giving suggestions! I hope you’ll enjoy what’s to come.

5 Likes

So, basically, the Auralite is “you” and does whatever you unconsciously want it to. So if you show that you don’t want your auralite to say, punch someone, but deep down inside, you really want that guy’s face torn to shreds, our friend will still attack?

I really enjoyed this demo and it’s a pretty interesting idea that the destined one isn’t you. Kind of a unique thing for the games on this site.

1 Like

Basically put, it won’t do anything you wouldn’t do yourself. If you reach a point where your emotions are uncontrollable then perhaps it would attack someone you wouldn’t otherwise.

Thanks for 50 likes everyone! <3

3 Likes

:sunglasses: Now that sounds like fun. Granted, I’d regret it almost instantly, but it still sounds like fun.

4 Likes

This game reminds me of blue exorcist for some reason

My brother tells me that as well, that’s it’s like a mix of Blue Exorcist and Persona. I’ve never gotten around to watching it.

I can see the connection to Persona,what with the shadowra and the shadow of the Persona being the incarnation of the altered form of the cast’s power,but I fail to see the connection to Ao no Excorcist,care to elaborate?

3 Likes

Eh, I don’t know what the connection is to Blue Exorcist since I’ve never watched it, but I definitely got some inspiration from Persona.