Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

So we’d have to corrupt Chloe’s elves to make drows I guess? I’m probably gonna abandon the goblins or exterminate them and make the drows my patron race if I can.

5 Likes

Goblins get no love at all :frowning: I am quite happy with my goblins though. Being the god of death/underworld I probably would’ve chosen them as my patron race anyway.

4 Likes

I love goblins anyway, so I don’t really mind being their patron goddess. They’re just small, vicious snot babies and that’s fine by me! Wouldn’t mind having orcs or drows myself, though.

5 Likes

Wow everyone hold up a second :raised_hand:. First of all the goblins can be used as expandables if some don’t like them but at the same time wouldn’t it be more intriguing when the MC does his/her job as a balancer for example the MC is feared by other creation of other gods so corrupting them wouldn’t it mean an act of war like in the Greek mythology the gods fight alot and I was also wandering if there would be titans in the world or giants for the MC to corrupt or are they already on the side with the MC act as guardians for the MC like the guard places for the MC in the underworld like they Greek guard dog in the underworld or are the part of the MC’s force of destruction like the Kraken.

You know, it seems like everyone is having some preconceptions about goblins.

I mean in folklore sometimes goblins were the same thing as orcs, trolls, faeries.

Puck/Robin Goodfellow was also hobgoblin.

Redcaps are goblins.

The erlking is a goblin.

Goblins in fiction are often greedy, cowardly, evil pathetic little things, but in folklore they have the trickery of Puck, the menace of the redcaps, the power of the erlking.

Now did I miss an author message that our goblins are indeed the pathetic little things of fiction?

8 Likes

Nope, we havent gotten any information about the goblins except that they live in tribes and most goblin tribes are captured by human/elf empires.

Which isn’t a good sign of goblin competence, but then again, the elves and the humans have their deities.

So the fault there might be with the MC not doing their divine duty.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing were this this story goes and how the MC deal’s the time difference between the two worlds. For the MC it’s been ten years and for his old friends, it’s been centuries at the very least and how it will effect the MC and their friends views and interactions with each other.

Will be able to choose the MC’s symbols as a god, along being able to choose a sacred animal/s?

For example as my MC would take the flower Nightshade (or Atheina’s equivalent) as a symbol. Nightshade has a long history in both myth and folklore as a symbol of death, but most forget that it can also heal and well as kill. Although my character they may be the god of death and possibly other things, don’t they take people’s lives or do things a on whim. I want play my MC similar to Hades in Greek mythology, someone who does there job well, keeps their word and promises and only interferes in the mortal world when it’s absolutely necessary. Like when in Atheina Creation myth the MC had to kill off the first generation of humans in the first cataclysm.

As a sacred animal my MC world take the raven. Raven’s are seen as messengers of the gods in some cultures and in folklore, ravens are Psychopomps (guide of souls) that help guide the newly deceased souls to the afterlife. Yet they are also seen as ill omens and are strongly connected with death. In some story’s, people will send their thoughts and prayers on a ravens wings.

My MC would also take the Grimm as a symbol. Like the ravens they are considered ill omens and a portent of death. Yet in some places their are seen as guardians that guide lost travelers and protect them from danger and they are also known to guard church’s and graveyards from those the disturb or profane them.

My MC would have both a Raven and a Grimm that is larger and more intelligent then their brethren as their personal familiars. Maybe in the prophecies the Maids mention in the game, will say that both the rest of gods and the moral realm will know when the MC returns, when the MC’s familiars return for the first time in centuries to the god’s (MC’s) high temple.

My headcanon is that those that serve the MC faithfully in life, are in death given the choice of ether moving on to the next life or staying in underworld as one of the god’s personal servants and messengers.These servants gain the ability to shape shift into one of the MC’s sacred animal/s so they may do the god’s biding in the mortal world or in the realms of the other gods. The servants shape shifted form tend to be larger then their moral brethren and the color of their eyes change to reflect the god they serve.

10 Likes

What happens if the MC picks a fight with another god is it that their creations would fight for them or they fight for themselves

I’d love to choose things that are sacred to the MC’s deity

14 Likes

I’m going to love my outcasts and treat them well

15 Likes

I wonder if we will be able to have our own champion kinda like how Athena had odysseus

Really interesting start, a lot better than I expected. When I first read the description, I thought it is just another cliche ‘stuck in the game’ story. But, I’m glad it’s not. Nice job :clown_face:

However, I do have few questions. I remember that when we first chose our god, the description told us that "Since the other gods can create stuff, your god can only destroy things. " , and so I wonder why is that we are able to create goblin? :mage:

Also, is it really necessary to make the mc gain weight at the start? I don’t mind too much for not having customizable character but being fat is kinda…hmmmmmmm. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I think the mom was joking, but idk :woman_shrugging:
Also what`s wrong with being a lil chubby

7 Likes

For me is nothing wrong for the mc getting fat

7 Likes

I wonder how far we can take this role as a balancer…can we take it to its logical conclusion?

For every harvest, a drought.
For every blessing, a curse.
For every birth, death.
And for every beginning…an end.

Unsubtly question if we’re the one that is tasked with bringing the end of the world to ‘balance’ the act of creation.

16 Likes

Now I can’t imagine any other face for my Goddess except Shelobs.

2 Likes

@Boodini @PisceanLover @Zen1 The mother was most likely joking since we can customize our look.

4 Likes

I am no expert on fashion, but a dress thats made from darkness and literally bleeding shadows must be a 10/10.

7 Likes

Tis true lol now during the customization I’m gonna make her look like shelob :wink:

2 Likes