Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

I love these games! Where MC can be a god/goddess!

Summary

2 Likes

Wow this is amazing! Iā€™m already in love of everything about this. We really need more ā€œPlay as a Godā€ type games. I thought Iā€™d create just another version of myself, but I ended up roleplaying and creating a Goddess of Destruction who basically ended up in my head looking like Shelob from Shadow of War.

Also are we a God/Goddess of Death and have control over it as well?

12 Likes

Also are we a God/Goddess of Death and have control over it as well?

Iā€™m pretty sure we do, because if I remember correctly we were the one who brought death upon the entire race of first humans (to save them from the tyrant), who were meant to be immortals.

10 Likes

I gotā€¦Goblins? REALLY!!! Ewwwwwwww

Do I have to teach them how to wash and shave ? and stop poking me with that spear goddamnit!!!

I wanna strangle those guys ! They cheated ! Thatā€™s how I end up with Goblin! I just know !!! CHEATERS!!

Ahemā€¦thatā€™s to sayā€¦I wish you could zap me in there cose itā€™s good ! Keep it up! :grin:

5 Likes

Wait like the MC would be able to corrupt other race and will like have some sort of an army of different monsters

1 Like

Yeah your right when I replayed I noticed one of the ways to exterminate the immortal humans was that we could steal their souls while they slept.

1 Like
Sorry about the essay. Again.

True, and thatā€™s where the Pandora-esque theory may come from. (Assuming mortals know the truth about why pain is a thing.) Pain being the box in this case. It meshes well with a more benevolent mc, they wanted to keep people from hurting themselves and teach them caution but just made everything worse instead. And it still allows the MCā€™s feared reputation to make sense. A natural disaster isnā€™t malicious but that doesnā€™t make them any less devastating or terrifying if youā€™re caught in the middle. Sure maybe we donā€™t mean to make everybody miserable and corrupt everything we touch but we still did. Road to hell and all that.

As for why someone might theorize that the mc was erased deliberately but didnā€™t do a good enough job at it? You have multiple societies and cultures all going on simultaneously so what might be lost to one group might not be lost to another, creating a patchy, at times conflicting record. Anyone favoring this theory may well be considered a hack by their peers but it might still pop up, especially if you have someone studying goblins, who might be more attached to their patron deity. The mc falls to the wayside as an absentee figure or is cut out of the mainstream by someone with a good deal of influence over most of society but it is difficult to just erase an important historical figure as culture, language, human error, and even geographic barriers potentially slow or even halt progress.

Granted none of my theories are particularly well developed atm, there really isnā€™t much to go on right now as far as the game goes and I came up with most of these on the fly with the premise that the people supposedly making these theories might not even be correct. I donā€™t think anyone is going to guess that a bunch of kids forgot to give that one character that messes everything up a proper backstory, lol.

Really at this point Iā€™m just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. If Iā€™m way off base then itā€™s no big deal, really, just revise as I go. I just think this kind of thing is fun to discuss and figure out as I go.

oooh, yes please, that sounds super interesting.

2 Likes

I loved ur concept well written i just wanted to have a say in the race I create hope you will complete it soon

I enjoyed the story so far. There are some typos and there are some text that were quite formal but the other than that, I love the story.

It is quite refreshing to see to be a ruler of the underworld which I donā€™t chose pretty often if we are presented a choice. By any chance, will their be ROs?

5 Likes

Yes ive been waitibg for this! Please continue.

1 Like

Awesome simply awesome

1 Like

Ahhhh right when it got good it was over!!

I really like the concept of being somewhat of a dark god and being feared instead of loved. I love playing dark characters in general. When my MC took notice that his voice had changed to sound cold and almost a little cruel, I was just sitting there like, yisssss this is what im here for

I also didnā€™t mind at all the part about the goblins, Iā€™m glad the option was there to say it fit with the character cause thatā€™s what I was thinking. It adds an ugliness to my godā€™s terrifying beautyā€¦ is how I decided to think of it lol.

I will say, when youā€™re creating the lore and it mentions the humans were immortal, the way it was worded was veryā€¦ awkward, i guess I would call it? Clunky? It felt like it was not naturally weaved into the story. Because it already said the tyrant had lived for hundreds of years and THEN it seemed like you were given a side note to let you know the humans were immortal at the time. Like, ā€œbtw guys the humans couldnā€™t die they were immortal kbyeā€

Iā€™m not sure how to properly articulate it without sounding nitpicky but the writing for the lore could stand to flow better as the story of creation. Maybe this is actually what happened, but it sounded like you were just putting everything down first and then you could rework it later. Which makes sense, so I hope it wasnā€™t useless of me to point this out lol.

I hope to see more of this game! I was into the concept right away.

12 Likes

I just have one word to describe my emotions after playing the demo. YES!!!

3 Likes

giphy

This is going on my watch list :hugs:

7 Likes

So whats happened to other gods like are they good or bad or in between ? Also will we be in conflict with them ?

judging from the demo the main antagonist is probably going to be Jonathan/Kreon because they described him as being a jerk and hella jealous.

I love that cover of the song! And also both Jonathan and Caleb they are awesome. Now, I am in the mood for rewatching Prince of Egypt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. I used the term ā€œThe Balancerā€ in the game. The reason why I made the MCs deity a patron of the goblins is so they can take the role of protecting creatures that are seen as disgusting or vile in fantasy fiction. For those who are outcasts, your deity is a refuge.

Pretty much. You will be the patron of outcasts in society.

In this world there is a heaven. Which is headed by the matriarch of the gods, Apseudes. I am careful not to use the word hell to describe the underworld. I did take inspiration from the Greek concept of the underworld. So your deity resides mostly in the underworld but can visit heaven. There are other realms besides heaven and hell that are going to be revealed later on the story.

I do hope you will end up sympathising at the plight of the goblins as the story goes on :grin:

Thanks, I will fix those typos the moment I get a chance to do so.

Yes and no. You can take away the lives of the mortals, but you need permission from the other gods to do so. Politics will get in the way. For example, humans are protected by Croesus. So you not going to be taking the souls of the humans willy-nilly.

Yes, but I do plan on fleshing out the characters more in the prologue. I am still undecided if I should include ROs from Atheina though.

You are spot on. I do plan on fleshing out the prologue a bit more. I was not sure what the story was about at first, and how to articulate it so I decided to just write something and go back and rework the story.

What makes a god good or bad?:smirk: For now, I do not want to spoil something important but you will find out in the next chapter.

There will be internal conflict between the gods and other external factors. Letā€™s just say that the divisions that existed before, will make their way to the new world.

My lips are sealed :no_mouth:

Hear, hear.

15 Likes

you know what ? I will! They be the best cared shaved washed trained Goblin in history ! :grinning:

7 Likes

Reminds me of the goblins from the Labyrinth movie.