Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

Uh… how big is Goliath in the Bible? I’ve seen tons of different varied representations.

I don’t actually. I imagine him to be a very large guy but not so large that he is as tall as the Eiffel Tower. Then again, it’s up to the reader’s imagination.

I think he was nine feet, six inches tall and was one of the shorter giants.

When I was a kid I read a picture book in sunday school that made him out to be like, over twice the height of David.

The Bible is a great source if you want to… justify things, but not so much for specific descriptive details.

1 Like

I would probably imagine holiday to be about twelve feet tall that way he would be seen as a giant but not so big that he could threaten like a whole town.

1 Like

4 or 5 meter tall sound reasonable for a giant IMO

2 Likes

…Americans and their measuring system :smirk:. Silently converting feet into meters

16 Likes

@Darkner It’s alright mate, just make Goliath about 3 meters tall and weighing 200-250kg. :ok_hand:

Or you can take a page out of the Norse mythology and have Jotuns (giants) of every imaginable size from human-sized to absolutely gargantuan and veritable mountains.

3 Likes

If you want a representation of a giant, why not use Andre the giant as a good source.

MURICA prepares American freedom cannons

Twelve feet equals 3.6 meters tall sorry sometimes I forget America is like the weird uncle of the world.

2 Likes

*cool uncle that your overprotective parents hate because Murica!!

Memes

4 Likes

I love the irony of the last one there. XD

*Weird uncle that lives chained in the attick because he invented otherkins

If I can’t get souls of the damned is store bought fine?

I have been thinking for the past several days I know that’s dangerous but I did it anyway and I have come up with several questions.

Question number one why do the goblins worship us I understand they are supposed to be our I guess you would say patron race. But I know we can’t create anything so does that mean that they were the first corrupted race that we created? Or is it similar to skyrim where the orcs worship Malacath the god of the outcasts.

Question two if we did create them through corruption what race did they originally come from?

Question number three will the races have lore like stories of heros and great adventures and the creation of their race?

Question number four what are the other races doing to the goblins are they just taking their land and killing those that try to defend themselves? Or are they taking them prisoner and making them into slaves because I would love to be able to pull a seven plaques of Egypt. Telling them and the other gods let my people go or I will give you a reason to fear me.

Question number five are their other races already seen as monsters that worship us besides the goblins?

Question number six how long would you say this game will take place like how many years will pass during the events of the story.

Question number seven will we have the chance to unite the monster races and form one monster kingdom.

And my final question do you plan on making this into a series or just one book?

Woo I remembered them all just remember you are my favourite wip/story creator.

1 Like

Well, to be fair the whole plagues of Egypt thing only happened because God mind controlled Pharaoh to make him refuse to release them just so he had an excuse to show off some more without being overtly self contradictory.

This also makes me think, adventurers are always breaking into the homes of “evil overlords” to try to murder them and their employees. Is that something we’d have to worry about and if so, instead of waiting for them to kill a bunch of people can we just go down there and grab them by the arm and drag them to our throne room for a discussion about their life choices?

3 Likes

being known as the being who can steal your soul with a snap of the fingers. Doesnt that sound like a reason why everyone already does fear you.

Well yes but think about it you have been gone for so long you are more of a myth at this point then anything else. And sense you are gone none of the other races have cared about how they treated the goblins. And if you wanted to go a step further other races could say that not even you loved your children proving to many that they are monsters with no right to life. Sense it looks like even you have abandoned your people.

Well yes that is also true but this would be less of a fight between a man and a god and more of gods fighting as this would be more of a threat to them saying that they can’t treat your people however they want.