Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

41a

3 Likes

I really feel like that my character will eventually become this kind of god.

3 Likes

I like to imagine it more like in the scene from Moses by pixar where they sing about the plaques of Egypt and how he wants his people set free.

3 Likes

Woops wrong thread don’t mind me or the edit heheh slowly backing away and then starts sprinting

Would it be okay for me to share what I imagine my MC looks like?

…No? Well, too bad! I’ll share it anyway.

Pre-awakening.

Awakened, but controlled by his urge as a 'Balancer'.

After coming to term with his divinity.

2 Likes

The first one looks like some bizarre vivisected amalgamation of Guo Huai from Dynasty Warriors and Shiroi from Log Horizon. XD

Ok that’s a bit dramatic, but yeah it looks like a combination of those two.

Wild guess is that pic from the guy from .hack

Which guy from .hack? It’s not the protagonists, I recognize them from marketing materials… Would be kinda funny if .hack has a character who looks like Shiroi in it as Log Horizon kinda took the concept introduced in .hack and actually did something interesting with it.

I forgot this name but he’s a guy from .hack//G.U.

I find His name it is Ovan

1 Like

@Darkner Yep, but in some version doesn’t Persephone fell in love with Hades thou? Also, wasn’t Zeus advices Hades to kidnap Persephone in the first place? And from what I see, Hades is like the most faithful God in the Greek Mythology :grin::grin: I’m sorry thou, I get what you mean about the Stockholm syndrome things but when I read your story cause me thinking of Hades and Persephone so much :pensive::pensive:

3 Likes

because he gave her something to eat that ((Change)) her mind about him…

Nope, she ate Hades’s symbol which by divine law meant she had to stay there (in none of the version she was forced IIRC), it didn’t change her mind, if anyone got his mind (changed) it’s Hades himself since in most myth, all of this happen because Eros and Aphrodite were tired of Hades ignoring love, so they decided to make him fall in love with Persephone

also the ‘kidnapping’ was just a reference to the old tradition of mock arguing with the step father and ‘kidnapping’ the women you were about to marry

3 Likes

She ate at least 6 pomegranate seeds from what the mythology says. From what I’ve read, she was kidnapped by Hades and then tricked into eating them because Hades was in love with her but that depends on what version you happen to be reading at the time and Persephone’s mother was pretty pissed about it. She went to Zeus to have him do something but he never did because turns out the seeds were a symbol for Hades but I can’t remember exactly so she had to spend 6 months in the Underworld with Hades and the rest with her mother.

her being tricked into it is almost only in modern re-interpretation

also Persephone’s mother did a lot of horrible shit and got Persephone to come back for 6 month a year by basicaly threatening to kill off all living thing

the 6 months thing was basicaly Zeus going fuck it and say both were right and could keep Persephone 6 months each and Persephone didn’t give much of a fuck

1 Like

Yeah she basically threw a fit and threw the world into a endless winter which caused the crops to die out, the water to freeze over, and I think there were endless snowing as well. Demeter probably wouldn’t had stopped if Zeus didn’t tell her to quit that bullshit.

Still Stockholm syndrome not matter what way you see.

Oh! For an interesting discussion on stockholm syndrome, you should check out this video! It’s actually on Beauty and the Beast, but I feel like it’s a good video to watch on the discussion of something being considered stockholm syndrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYCO0QVkZo

Also, I’m gonna argue Persephone and Hades is not Stockholm Syndrome, because it’s not an uneven power structure and he doesn’t hurt her as far as I can remember… like kidnapping? Totally, and definitely messed up. Stockholm Syndrome? No.

2 Likes

Writing Update:

I just finished writing the fighting scenes between the MC and a Giant (long story in of itself). Writing fight scenes is fun while also challenging. But I think this fight is necessary in order to get the MC testing out their power. And I must assure the pacifists out there is a non-violent path also. All in all, it still appears the update will come this month.

Hades and Persephone. Oh boy, in any case there will be no plucking maidens in the field in the game :smile:. Romance in the game will not be like the olden times of Ancient Greece where gods (looking at you Zeus) couldn’t help but bed humans.

I’ve already finished the expansion of the prologue and some edits there. It will be released with the next update.

That’s all for now

29 Likes

Is there also a ‘fight this guy but don’t kill him’ path ?

so there won’t be any swan picking up maidens at the taverns ? what’s a god supposed to do if they can’t turn into swans to pick up fair maidens who drank too much ale ?

6 Likes

Use your godly power to get them to go to you drunk

2 Likes