Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

I’d throw them to the deepest darkest depths of the underworld

Can we make artifacts to be found in the mortal world like a scythe that steals your vanquished opponents life force and adds to the wielder’s power or armor that allows you to keep moving even when you are grievously wounded. Fun things like that

2 Likes

I found an error when talking about Marcia it says princes instead of princess. - “She was born as the crown princes of one of the kingdoms of Atheina”

Maybe give it to a champion or something?

Can’t create anything only destroy

Can we enchant or does that count as creating

Everyone laughing at me for getting goblins

ME- https://gph.is/1ybJIF0

3 Likes

gods marking races makes me think of god-likes in pillars of eternity.

1 Like

How did the mc created the goblins, or was that a result of destruction?

The MC can corrupt other races and thus ‘‘create’’ new races.

3 Likes

We can take things that already exist and change them

So we’d be the first to create cursed weapons

well there are people who I assume have magic in this world who could make cursed things but ours would be on a godly level

1 Like

Do you mean like a ring that will make people more likely to do what you say but despise you and you can only use it if you are the kind of person who lives to hear good things said about you and when you no longer care about this it’s effects reverse

Is this closer to a low level cursed item

1 Like

More like very powerful but detrimental to one own well being like something that makes you almost invulnerable but also decreases you life expectancy

Edit: sorry that was correct need to fully read before commenting

Only in philosophy can one write an exam essay on the nature of Bullshit with a serious face. I’m back! Exams are over. In a few days now, the semester will officially end. That means I’m going back home, so hopefully I can get some writing done.

That’s an interesting perspective. To a degree, I personally agree. But I think this view point in its extreme will have trouble when confronted with ‘clear’ moral cases. For example, killing an innocent for the fun of it. I think this is a case where we can say that it is wrong and maybe even evil to kill someone who is innocent for laughs and giggles.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Is that an overlord reference?? Unfortunately, that is not in the outline plan so far.

And the light novel…

That will be a major spoiler. Stick around to find out :smile:

The deity of the underworld is not ‘evil’ per se, actually none of the gods/goddesses in the game are good or evil. They just have different views on how to do things.

I am planning on giving the MC opportunities to choose morally questionable decisions, whether you consider them evil or not will depend.

That’s a very interesting idea, I never actually thought it like that. I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks.

I am planning on adding artefacts, even though I’m still undecided on what to add and how the MC will ‘create’ it. Technically speaking, your god can’t create new stuff. But I don’t see a problem enchanting artefacts that already have been created.

Thanks, I’ll fix it when I get the chance.

Enchanting does not count as creating stuff. If it did then corrupting beings will be creating stuff :sob:.

Yes :slight_smile:.

9 Likes

When it comes to real life you sadly can not just assume everyone is either good or evil. As well as even if someone may appear to be evil in your eyes in someone else’s they may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Which would be a funny achievement name but not the point. So for instance vlad tepes the third otherwise known as vlad the impaler was seen as a monster and a cruel man by his enemies but to the people of romania the country he ruled over he is seen as a national hero. This shows how different people opinions can be considering it is well documented on how he was given the nickname the impaler.

So if we begin to grant our people the goblins the power and blessings they deserve we may create a hero in the eyes of our people but a monster that must be struck down in the eyes of the humans and elvish nations.

I also would imagine that some of our godly compatriots might take this as a offense especially if we begin taking back our land from their people. Especially everyone’s favourite head goddess and her beloved elvs.

5 Likes

Fantasy readers rejoice! Our Lord and Saviour @Darkner has returned to us! Oh, felicitations!

3 Likes

Hurrah hurrah hurrahhhhhhhhhh

The race to which we have our mark should be a species of demon or to which remember destruction and death, would be but characteristic for our God