Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

Just finished reading the demo, kinda got repelled at first since it was anime inspired(not their biggest fan tbh) but after reading it i liked it.
Not biggest fan of goblins, well depends what kind of goblins they are, are they warcraft type smart or bit smarter then pile of rocks
Also will we be able to forge our own aritfacts? like excalibur or mjolnir

Average intelligence, quite capable. Based on what @Darkner is basing them off of.

1 Like

This is prob a bit spoilery but i also wonder how much other gods remember their ā€œtrue selfā€ like Kreon know he was/is Jonathan, Apseudes was/is Chloe etcā€¦ or centuries have ā€œwarpedā€ their minds

1 Like

So I have to askā€¦ Is the mandatory global genocide because itā€™s a meme?

Sorry, maybe I should expand on that. Is there reason that we have to commit a global genocide on our fictional creation other than that thatā€™s what Yahweh did? I mean, itā€™s very dramatic, but I canā€™t imagine that any sane player character would take the realization that they did that very well once they realize the world they created is real.

Gotta make the Outlands for my outcastsalso does the king of what Iā€™m going to call the Outlands be something other than a goblin like a troll with a bunch of orc followers help free the little goblins and have them as peopleā€™s because even if they are still being ruled at least itā€™s by someone that answers to me (more than being the Keeper of the Dead)

We had nightmares about the game, everyone else has pleasant dreams.

Which do you think is more inviting?

So Iā€™d say based on the evidence that the others disappeared first because they were less resistant to going.

Not to victim blame, because the author mentioned that some of them really want to go back to Earth.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m pleased weā€™re not going to be stuck with only goblins, they are like the ā€œnoob monstersā€ of any rpg.

Regarding the outcasts, i dont think using fantasy races as metaphor for real world is good idea, frankly its a bit insulting if i got your intentions right

So far I really enjoy what you have so far and canā€™t wait to see where it goes from here

Uh whereā€™d you get that idea. Goblins, Orcs, and Drows have always been the the outcast of fantasy worldā€™s. Theyā€™re the one who are always worshiping dark gods. And usually doing evil things in their name.

@Algernon_Cleverlang Got it :+1:

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget Orcs :eyes:

Yeah like @No_This_Is_Patrick said , they are outcasts in their own world and usually aligned to a evil god(in the case us), there is no metaphor.

@No_This_Is_Patrick

Well considering that we will have opportunity to be non evil good and we are god of outcasts and author himself said that he hopes we will fall for goblins and that in authors words the goblins are facing Imperialism from side of humans and elves(which allegorically can be seen as USA and the old colonial empires if we fit it closest real world equivalent) it stands to reason that important thing in this game will be the subversion of stereotypes and who is facing harmfull stereotypes today ?.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think the author intends for this to be stereotype because the author stated that we are the god that balances everything like where there is life thereā€™s death that sort of thing and we represent the dark side of the other race and for us being an evil god the author suggested that the are other ways for us to progress through the story without violence

3 Likes

Maybe yes for goblins. Not for dark elves for exemple, they are outcasts in other fantasy kingdoms/cities/empires, but usually they have a pretty powerful empire and consider themselves superior to any race.

3 Likes

But we also have to consider this that without chaos thereā€™s no order and well some of use like to go all out in being the underdog and expanding our power base without the care in the world because the MC has godly duties to have fun and spread chaos :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

We can choose to do good, but at the end of the day were still the evil god. Weā€™re the one with the power of death and destruction. Weā€™re the ones wiping the slate clean when the mortals fuck up to much and whoā€™s name their to scared to speak out of fear.

Weā€™re not the god of outcasts the goblins are just the main race that worship us. And the outcast are all mainly evil creatures. The main way to literally make more of them is to corrupt other races.

I honestly feel you only see that because your actively searching for it. You can literally apply this case for most things if you wanted to. There was a WIP called Grand Area Online where you can play as a race called the Funestan who were hated by most and unallowed in cities. I guess the author wanted them as a metaphor for segregation of blacks in the early 1900s.

10 Likes

Hey I was wondering how the other gods and sub-gods will react if the MC kills one of them

4 Likes

Lol I think itā€™ll mean war. Maybe weā€™ll be able to keep it a secret if we start at one of the weaker godā€™s.

5 Likes

They will probally shit themselves, because apparently, only us can kill immortals.

5 Likes