Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

Nice I especially like the last one but that might just be me

Hi everyone! Iā€™m still alive, sorry for the absence. But I had to away from social media if I was to be able to write anything. What Iā€™ve noticed is that when Iā€™m on this forum, I usually also open up other websites that lead to other websites and I never come around to write anything down.

Iā€™m weak, procrastinating is just too tempting. So avoided a lot of distractions. I discovered an article from one of my favourite authors, Kazuo Ishiguro, and how he wrote one of his famous novels ā€˜The Remains of The Dayā€™ in four weeks. (My favourite of his works has got to be ā€˜Never Let Me Goā€™, itā€™s painful just thinking about it)

Kazuo Ishiguro: how I wrote The Remains of the Day in four weeks | Kazuo Ishiguro | The Guardian

So far Iā€™v been able to write 10K words. Itā€™s mostly rubbish in my opinion, but one of the best writing advices I read was to write fast and edit slower.

I also have to do other university projects, so my writing from now on is going to slow down for some time.

Thanks for all the typos that have been pointed out, Iā€™ll fix them when I update chapter 2.

I have no idea, I wasnā€™t planning on changing how the Underworld looks like. But maybe in the later chapters thereā€™ll be an option of terraforming the underworld. Cool idea but Iā€™ll see.

I have actually watched the anime of overlord and read some of the light novel. Itā€™s pretty awesome I must say.

You noticed my La Llorona reference?! :grin::grin: And I thought maybe I was being too subtleā€¦

I canā€™t really follow the footsteps of overlord since itā€™s not an interactive medium but rather a light novel with a single storyline. One thing I like about Overlord is not only itā€™s world building but is characters. I think the characters of Overlord make the world come alive. I do agree that there has to be player choice so that players can role-play better.

There will be an option to stay neutral but thereā€™ll also be an option to take a more bias side towards one faction. Doing so will of course antagonise the other faction members. But thatā€™s just politics :grinning:

I hope you did end up finishing the game, thanks for spotting those typos. Iā€™ll fix them in the next update

Always open for suggestions, thanks for them. I like the armours you suggested.

I have the difficult task of sorting out the best and choosing which attire will make it. But also donā€™t want to overwhelm the reader with so many options at the same time :thinking::thinking:ā€¦

Lol :rofl: (I think someone has some anger issues)

I apologise if I havenā€™t seen your reply, there were so many!

I really love all the armour ideas, I have my work cut out for me.

17 Likes

Take your time this is the CoG forum so you already know that we will stay with authors no matter the legnth of time, keep up the amazing work :+1:

1 Like

I wish our God could choose other breeds besides goblins if possible orks or black elves

2 Likes

Dark Elves maybe better, even blood elves is better than black elves!~

ā€¦ Then use dark elves pls. I am an experienced WoW players XD

2 Likes

Dark elves are black elves.

I prefer orcs they are more a race of war and what I intend to do and transform atheina into hell itself and a legion of orcs would be much better

1 Like

I donā€™t see Dark Elves as black :thinking:

Edit : To clarify I donā€™t mean like black black skin. I usually see them as ranges of Really Tan, to very faint and light Purples and greys.

1 Like

Black elves are another name for Dark elves I donā€™t think theyā€™re actually black.

1 Like

Sometimes they are. Just not often.

I like your game but i think having more options to customize your god is a great thing i will like having a option to be apparence of a demon or specter or a skeletal thing.

1 Like

Darkner told the lriters to post their ideas like these images that I am posting giving some ideas of how could be our MC

As I want to have an MC with a malign appearance like "Fear the powerful God of calamity

Long horns.
Fangs instead of teeth.
Sharp claws.
A devilā€™s tail.
Long leather wings.
Goatā€™s feet

5 Likes

oh well if to post images maybe something like this to be a god.

I remembered, maybe it would be interesting if mc had the choice of which race he wants to patronize, like goblins, orc, trolls, demons, undead, or some other evil race.

7 Likes

I would so wanna father the undead

2 Likes

636481991388234939 this is my gods weapon

And this is my God images

I don't want my God to have a very terrifying appearance, rather a gentler (underwhelming?) one than one would usually expect, since he prefers subtlety, charm, cunning and manipulation over straight-up violence (because that's his forte, anyway) but still want him to look uncanny enough so maybe something like this:

2 Likes

A different kind of smash dear.

8 Likes

Yesā€¦ and why not give us the choice to choose more than one so we would look more badass???
That would be great.
BTWā€¦ I did choose my Godā€™s name to be ā€˜Luciferā€™ as in ā€˜the prince of hellā€™ since we are the god of hell.

ā€¦ let me just bury myself in shame, please.

As I said before, customization appearance into like a skeleton or demon/beast will be gradual as the story progresses. It wonā€™t make sense narrative to start out as a whole skeleton since the other Gods gradually changed into their respective appearances.

That does look like a menacing of Calamity

As promised, the mc will get the chance to incorporate other races into their nation. I focus more on the story side so I canā€™t male the orcs, trolls and goblins just interchangeable. Coding the difference in culture and belief is going to be difficult. One of the other reasons why I chose goblins is because I have a better idea of their evolution path. If trolls get corrupted, what do they become?

Just think of it like starting from the bottom and having to work yourself up.

EDIT: So Iā€™ve been thinking, and Iā€™ve decided I should change the fantasy race the player gets in the beginning.

In the next update thereā€™ll be 3 options: Goblins, Trolls, and Orcs. These will be the only races offered in the beginning, I wonā€™t add any more for my own sanity.

I should be able to manage without too much difficulty. Anyway, Iā€™m off to lectures now.

19 Likes