Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

@Nomad33810 Thank you very much, there a lot of good WIP right now. I only have a prologue so far but thanks for the compliment.

Question one: In the next update, I fleshed out the prologue and one of things I did is an explanation on how the goblins are created. In any case, only the humans have an explanation for their origins. So I have to fix that. I was planning on explaining this in later chapters but I think it is better to do it in the prologue. I can’t go into much more detail for now, spoilers and stuff.

Question two: … answered above.

Question three: yes they do. I will be getting into some of the lore in the next update. Particularly the lore of the elves.

Question four: Spoilers, so for now I’m gonna keep quiet. Sorry.

Question five: Yes there are other monster that worship you. But also some non-monsters (they’re in a minority)

Question six: I can’t say exactly, but I was planning on spanning some many years to mark different stages of progress.

Question seven: yes you will have a chance to do so. But not only monsters though.

Final question: So far, I’ve planned for only one book. I know trilogies are popular but I’m tired of them honestly. So just one book planned.

@Shoelip Direct intervention of the mortal world is not allowed unless you want to get sanctioned. Nonetheless, such questions will be dealt with later on the chapters. After all, who gets to decide that a certain overlord is in fact evil?

10 Likes

… So… does mean that I get to sire a legion of bastard children and insert them into the various kingdoms as sleeper agents for my master plan to bring the cherished creations of all the other Gods tumbling to the ground @Darkner ?

6 Likes

Thank you for your quick response I can’t wait for the next update.

1 Like

@TheZod

14 Likes

@Darkner

I-dont-believe-you

14 Likes

I mean, if they’re breaking into your office and trying to kill your employees isn’t it more of self defense?

3 Likes

Bahhh…why do that when you can *RAIN HOLY FIREBALLS FROM THE SKY!! Evil laugh

2 Likes

Because that would kill anyone in the vicinity and cause major property damage.

2 Likes

dont-even-care

7 Likes

Well I’m not talking about what you care about am I. :wink:

2 Likes

I was… Why do you now think I wasn’t?

1 Like

@TheZod

@Shoelip So you were talking about people coming into the Undersorld. In that case, it will be self defense. But very few mortals enter the Underworld. And even fewer who are able to leave it.

4 Likes

I mean, where are we when we wake up? I figured the maids were alive what with them discussing reincarnation and all.

1 Like

I got the feeling it was ghosts/souls that serve in the underworld and since our MC didnt react was human before they died.

@Darkner If you’re actually sobbing like that I just might believe you.

1 Like

A question by chance our MC will have to act by subterfuge, manipulations type the devil just to achieve our ambitions?
(if that is so I will manipulate the human realms until they fall into pure anarchy and civil war and send an army of goblins to loot what remains)

2 Likes

Is there a specific reason why we got the goblins as our “choosen” race? It would be cool if we could choose a race. (Yeah, I know this one is kind of a cliche, but I would prefer some kinda “evil” elves, something like the drows over goblins.)
Anyway I really like this one so far and I really hope this won’t end up as another abondoned WIP.

1 Like

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!

The player got to pick last and all that was left was goblins.

@Shoelip The maids are actually souls who work in the Underworld. And as @WeebIRL pointed out, the reason the MC didn’t freak out when seeing them is because they look human. Well they’re human.

@TheZod Did you just reveal your weak spot? Careful now, there might be a character in the game who will easily manipulate you…

@Rony_Lima_Ferreira_d I’m keeping the MC powers a secret for now. I’m trying so hard not to spoil the surprise. The reader will be able to select which power to use.

@Cari-san I know that a lot of people like the elves. But the MC in later chapters can incorporate more races, so don’t worry about it. I’m not planning on abondoning this WIP, I’m so close on completing the last chapter and I believe next week I’ll be back at university (I left some files there), so I’ll be able to upload the next update soon.

14 Likes