Assassins of Imortallia

Asura’s gender is purposely gender neutral. Good reason behind it. Thus Asura doesn’t have a gender.

I read above about torture. Can i use my pet for torture? Lightnings are good, but nothing is like a crawling creature on your body. And these things can be educative for my familiar.

The MC’s pet has actually been replaced to play less of a combat role and more of a… pet role. Even assassins need a mean for comfort. So to answer your question, fraid not. Just to note… I’m sure that’s more likely to make your familiar a bit… psychotic.

1 Like

Asura seems to be some powerful uber-important fellow.
Ergo I want to kill him.
It’s fun to kick people down from their high places.

1 Like

@faewkless All is never as it seems, but ah I suppose that’s reason enough. Poor Asura, power diminishing, guardians to the front and back stabbing assassins to the… back.

1 Like

Who wouldn’t want to kill it? It’ll be fun. Plus having someone like Asura watching over everything is an inexcusable crime.

My pet won’t help me scare people?

1 Like

I don’t have anything personal with Asura. Is just in my way to power, that is all.

That’s like saying the king must die, because he’s overlooking everything >.<

Seeing your pet will be a wolf… I doubt it won’t scare anyone. Although, it’ll start out as a cub. Good luck trying to assassinate with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

But ah, there will always be someone with more power than you wouldn’t there :stuck_out_tongue: Suppose you do slay Asura and are acknowledged as the new assassin leader, wouldn’t the cycle begin again, you being challenged by those who have gained great power.

1 Like

Who said we had to stop at being an assassin leader?
My assassins plan is to keep hunting for people stronger than me and killing them.
If I can’t find any mortals that can match me I will turn to the gods.
And when they stop being a challenge I will challenge @Arcania himself.

1 Like

This is the way things are working. If someone will be powerful enough to kill me, he/she will deserve the position. Of course! I will fight with all i have to maintain my power.

It’s more like saying I’m not the king so the king must die in my case.

I can feed him people… little cub? Bite the targets neck, who’s a good boy?

Yes the cycle will continue but I can pretend to be Asura since it’s never seen, I can work with everyone not even knowing it’s me they take orders from.

@faewkless Haha, power will drive you to madness my friend, beware :wink:

@Ominous Only the strong deserve to live and survive. Truly you follow the old ways. Assassins, when they’ve learned all they can or wish of their masters, kill their masters that the order may have only the strongest and that they may rise. Though… sensibility behind it makes me wonder.

@Dark_Stalker Ambitious I’ll give you that. The cub comes forth, innocent. You can choose to train it to be ruthless, gentle, or somewhere in between. I’m sure a ruthless pet would do something like that, but… they did invent something called “feeding your pet” some time ago :smile: That you can; taking Asura’s place. That would be the case as well, the assassins not knowing any better. Someones gonna need to make a tribute to Asura after that though.

Fine, Wolf will get to knaw on the bones left. And when we get home whatever I can get at the moment.

If I remember correctly Dark, home was your sanctuary that has many prisons, torture chambers, and trash and other illusionnary tricks to make outsiders think they’re elsewhere. I don’t think dinner at your place is the best idea…

Creature protection services needs to be called here >.<

Creature protection services wouldn’t make it out of there alive.

It’ll be fine.

No need to get hem involved unless their Christmas gifts as more pets

They can eat leftover people too.

I’m getting progressively more confused about the Assassins’ motives here. Are they trying to provide justice and freedom to the innocent by violently eliminating those in positions of power they deem to be to be corrupt and cruel while refusing to harm the innocent? Are they crazy megalomaniacs who just want to feel a petty sense of power by harming others? Those two things are a bit contradictory.

Haha I should have seen that one coming, none escapes the clutches of Dark once they’ve entered his domain. @Shoelip as for you, here is some back story and detailing of the assassins. Hopefully this will open your eyes on things and shine some light on the shadowy bits.

The Assassin Empire is an oppressive authoritarian nation state, ruled by the mysterious Asura, and governed by the sage council. The assassins are the ruling class that holds the power in the empire, similar to that of nobility. The assassins word is law and any who defies or questions it have only one punishment: death. The assassins are formerly from a distant plane where The Divine Order held great influence. In turn the Divine Order employed their own personal force, the inquisitors. The inquisitors came by night, seeking out heretics and law breakers, for the punishment of heresy was death.

The time came that a stranger by the name of Asura came to this land and whispered into the ears of the inquisitors, leading to a great schism. The rebelling inquisitors took on the title of assassins and fell into the shadows. Asura rewarded the assassins with power and embraced the ideals that the unworthy must be punished and only they could do so. Eventually circumstances came that they were forced to flee their land of origin and arrived in Elementia. It wasn’t long before a war between the assassins and the military factions of Elementia broke out. The assassins were decimated. Those who survived fled to an unknown lands, few stayed behind and slipped underground. Since then the assassins have amassed their numbers and built their empire. The assassins have set their eyes back on Elementia for the bitter taste of their defeat still lingers.

Vengeance for the fallen must be meted. The people cry out for change in their land, and the assassins see their way as the only way to deliverance. Through dominating Elementia their goals shall be met. The fleas that are the corrupt, the vile, the unworthy must be cleansed from the land as the assassins carve their way to the top. Any who stand in their way is an enemy. The assassins are the voice for those wronged and their voice stripped from them. Whether it be by the courts or their neighbors, the assassins duty is to correct it. It is forbidden to kill the innocent, but still there are those who will seek loopholes, and then there are those assassins who are overcome by madness from what they do. The assassins see their cause as just, but some say the sages wage this war in Asura’s absence to covet the lost relics of Elementia to secure further power in the council.

Hm. So they’re crazy totalitarian megalomaniacs who are under the delusion that they are saving people even though they’re just as bad or possibly even worse than their enemies?

That my friend, is for you to judge. You will start from ground zero and hear the wisdom of the assassins. From there, it’s up to you to decide if the assassin cause is a righteous one and if you will side with them, or turn against them. Just remember, nothing is what it seems.

But to answer your question directly, they aren’t after saving people. They’re after vengeance. Consider them, a necessary evil. Totalitarians, check. Megalomaniacs, perhaps. crazy, a bit.