Arthurian Tale: Camelot [153k] [Sep 29 2023]

There’s one that’s been announced (no demo yet) for twine that has the MC being the literal personification of Excalibur, and romancing Arthur, among several others, is one of the possibilities mentioned.

7 Likes

@Phantomblade Keep in mind that most characters have used weapons for many years, while MC is only just allowed to handle them. One skill point reflects MC knowing how to hold the bow or sword correctly, for example. I haven’t created a tier list of ability as such, but combat skills are compared to the opponent’s experience and the environment.

@Kshatriya I used the name Elaine in part because it’s a name used a lot in Arthurian legends. Mothers and side characters often share the name. As well, in some versions Arthur has a sister called Elaine, so it felt appropriate. Guiomar and Graelent actually are masculine names, but I’m not sure how obvious that is.

7 Likes

Sounds interesting, I might look it up.

Yes, I did think that those two names are intended for a male MC. I suggested that one in case you’re looking for more variants. I know Guiomar is the name of Guinevere’s cousin in the legends.

Also curious, will we get a chance to meet Morgause? I’m guessing that her marriage with Lot is the reason he sided with Uther.

1 Like

finally another a Arthurian story.

2 Likes

Interesting so far, good idea to avoid issues by making Morgana and Arthur/Elaine know they are related because things could have gone awkward

2 Likes

I’m sucker for a good medieval arrenged romance (the good and kind type), specially the Arthurian ones

7 Likes

Perhaps, but if I yes, it won’t be for a few more chapters yet.

2 Likes

But awkward can be adorable if done right.

Not sure what the policy is with that kinda content here

Huh time to get my dose of Lancelot romance i have a problem

On a more serios note, as other have said it’s feel a bit rushed, maybe if some scenes were expanded a bit it would help.

Can I ask why when we choose what we dis in our free time home we only get +1 increase? Does the Mc had that little free time?

3 Likes

Pretty much, yeah. Your father had you on a strict rota of tutors. I may adjust the stats as I go on though.

1 Like

Hm then if father was so strict shouldn’t we have by default 1 stat in all of them? Or just in diplomacy?

Those are just suggestions of course!

2 Likes

No because his lessons didn’t include any of the stats. You can dance, ride a horse, read and write etc, but he avoided letting you use weapons or understand diplomacy and deception. It’s just easier to start with 0 stats, pretty much.

This is my first choicescript game so I do appreciate your thoughts. I just want to keep things as simple as I can while still providing a game that people like. As I post more chapters, I will hopfully improve them as I go.

12 Likes

I understand! As it’s your first game you can improve the longer you work on it and if you want you can always tweak things in the future.

Well I wish you good luck! Im sure it’s going to be q great game when you’re done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some authors decided to make their game not too much heavily reliant on stat checks but instead focus on choices but since it’s your game it’s up to you but i must say love the demo so far.

5 Likes

Is romance forced in this game or is it choice? I don’t want to be forced but I’ll just have to deal with it

It seems it’s just Arthur/Elaine that could be described as “forced” seeing how this was an arranged marriage but you can always choose not to do that. I don’t think the other ROs are “forced” though.

No romance is forced. Even the arranged marriage can be a political one instead of a romantic one if you prefer.

11 Likes

I love Arthurian stories so thank you so much for creating this :relaxed::heart:

2 Likes

I just finished playing the demo and if you don’t mind I’d like to give some constructive criticism.
Your writing is good and the story has a lot of potential, but I think it needs more content. I’m not talking about writing more chapters but about adding more information to the story.
For example: Add descriptions of places, rooms, objects, clothes, characters. Write more about MC’s feelings, make choices that allow us to decide how we feel about it. Like an MC who wants to marry the King/Queen just to help her father so all her plans are manipulative, or an MC who is just living and not caring about anything, or even one who is happy with it all. In scenes where we can improve some skill or socialize a little with a character it would be nice to increase the dialogue and let us make more choices in what we say, for example choose if we want to be nice or mean and add the option to ask some questions and tell them things about MC too so they get to know each other. I want to get to know my MC, her characters and the world so I can fully immerse myself in the story.
But this is a completely constructive criticism because I already think your work is amazing and I’m looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.:blush::heart_eyes:

16 Likes

It’s not really important, but it bothers me for some reason. A feminine equivalent of Sir already exists. It’s Dame.

7 Likes