Friendship, Slice of Life, Romance.
Inspired by: Arthurian Fantasy and Welsh Mythology.
Uther Pendragon was defeated by your father. He has since been forcibly removed from Camelot by an impostor claiming to be Uther’s chosen heir. An evil warlock known as Merlin is believed to have helped the false claimant. You are sent to Camelot for the sake of peace between both kingdoms. If you wed the pretender, you could have a fulfilling union that turns into love, alternatively, you may prefer to have a purely political arrangement. If you decide against the marriage, there are a number of people you can still pursue. But don’t be fooled—even if you do marry the pretender, it might not prevent you from finding true love with another.
- Play as yourself, or create a new identity.
- Agree to an arranged marriage, or refuse and find love for yourself.
- Betray Camelot, or become a steadfast ally.
- Form alliances, friendships or have an affair.
- Choose from five romance options. Two men, two women and one flippable.
Total Word Count: 153’000
Without Code: 140’000
Average Playthrough: 49’000
King Arthur/Queen Elaine:
King Uther was known to have no chosen heir, as such, this person is naturally a pretender. Or so your father believes.
This person is at the centre of your life whether you marry them or not. An inexperienced monarch, lover and an uncertain leader. Through friendship or love, you could develop a great alliance. Or, through betrayal or cruelness, you could become the greatest of enemies.
Trope: Arranged marriage and royal romance.
The foster-brother of Arthur/Elaine. He is known to be very tall.
A heavy distrust towards you is evident with almost every early encounter with Sir Kay. With patience and enough will to stand up for yourself, he may grow to see you as a friend. If you explore a romance with Kay, you will quickly realise that despite how much closer you are, he is still putting up a wall. Once his wall begins to crumble, he will be your fierce protector and a source of great reliability.
Trope: A slow-burn romance. (Cannot be romanced if you marry Arthur/Elaine. He’ll see you as family!)
Mysterious lake boy.
Lancelot is a man who has grown up in two very different worlds. His childhood experiences have given him a philosophical drive in life. He will become a quick friend and if you romance him, he will see you as his divine other half that he trusts almost implicitly.
Trope: Forbidden romance or the best friend of your ex-betrothed; if that’s even a thing. Choice dependant.
Is Merlin’s apprentice and is the half-sister of Arthur/Elaine.
A sorceress, a witch, a daughter of Uther Pendragon. Morgana is eager to offer her friendship to you initially. She tries her best to make you feel supported and optimistic about your life in Camelot. Being someone who wants to make her own mark on the world, you may find that in romancing her, she is still very much an independent and self-sustaining force upon the world.
Trope: Royal romance and…Grieving Lover (Cannot be romanced if you marry Arthur/Elaine. She’ll see you as family!)
She is a knight who is assigned as your guard. She has taken Camelot’s traditional female title, Sar, an alternate version of Sir.
Having sworn an oath to both her monarch and to protect you, there may be some inner turmoil that comes up depending on your choices. Lunete will be your friend if you offer friendship to her, and she may fall for you rather quickly should you decide to romance her.
Trope: Bodyguard romance and potentially forbidden romance, depending on your choices.
- Screenshot any spelling or coding mistakes if you can. (British English)
- Point out any inconsistencies or confusing text.
- What do you like about the WIP so far?
- What do you want to see more of?
- Which character/s do you like the most and why?
- Are there any additional choices you would want and where? For example, a choice selection that didn’t provide you with a response/action that lines up with your MC.
- How could the choices be more meaningful?
September 29 2023:
Total Word count: 153k
Without code: 140k
- Added Explanation of why Arthur/Elaine marry quickly if you reject them.
- Added new reason for why you reject the marriage.
- Added chance to talk to Lady Anna on the hunt.
- Added choice to seek your father out when you join Lancelot on the cavalry path.
- Accolon can now be banished.
++ Some minor fixes and changes.
June 09 2023:
Average Playthrough: 49’000
- Increased efficiency of courtship code.
- Increased limit of how many winter events you can attend. (And hopefully fixed any related bugs)
- Added choices during A/E’s duel with Accolon.
- Added choices if A/E won’t help your father.
- Added new route into Kay’s romance + extra friendship scene.
- Added a little more to two of Merlin’s one on ones.
- Added a little more to Lucan’s ride.
April 26 2023: Posted Chapter Three.
Total Word Count: 148’000
Without Code: 136’000
Average Playthrough: 39’000
Chapter 3 Added!
Added a skip to Chapter 3 feature.
- God Mode added.
- Combined Morgana’s QnA of other characters in order to make it less like a QnA and more like a conversation.
- Added optional simple dice games to the end of the war branch.
October 2 2022:
Total Word Count: 79’000
Without Code: 73’000
- Added two new selectable names.
- Expanded meeting Morgana.
- Added more choices to the first feast.
- Added more to wedding dance.
- Adjusted/slightly added to talking to your guards at the wedding.
- Slightly added to your arrival day.
- Slightly added to meeting A/E.
- Re-ordered the peace deal and marriage deal to make them clearer.
- Added explanation of what would happen to your title if you married.
- Less accusatory language if you lied. (Siege branch)
- Added responses to Kay being rude.
- Added additional responses to Lunete in several places. (Siege branch)
September 18 2022: Posted Chapter Two.
Total Word Count: 77’000
Without Code: 71’000
Average Playthrough: 26’000
Chapter 2 added!
- Added to the Q&A section in preparation of incoming romance content.
- Changed how the stat page shows relationships.
- Added reaction choices to Kay keeping you from A/E at night.
- Added a reaction to A/E’s hand hold.
- Added a reaction to father leaving.
- Added more reasons for marrying.
- General spelling/grammar/code fixes.
July 24 2022:
Total Word Count: 35’000
Without Code: 32’000
Average Playthrough: 15’000
- Added new crypt scene, after the missing horse scene.
- Added new scene if you didn’t attend the negotiation.
- Added reaction choices to father leaving.
- Added choices to ask A/E about children.
- Added conversational choices in one of the skill-up sections.
- Added internal feeling choices about declining the marriage and actually marrying.
- Added internal feeling choices about going hunting.
- Added some flavour choices to your wedding day.
- Expanded the luncheon scene.
- Slightly added to the second summoned scene.
- Slightly added to the garden scene with A/E.
- Slightly added to the hunting scene.
- Improved the marriage negotiation scene.
- Improved the introduction section.
- Changed dining with father scene into a flavour choice.
- Changed cathedral into church. (Please point out any instances of ‘Cathedral’ if I missed any.)
- Also, some general fixes and additional description in places.
June 28 2022: Posted Chapter One
Total Word Count: 29’000
Without Code: 26’000
Average Playthrough: 13’000