Are you working on a game in ChoiceScript? Let us know!

Workin’ on a game. Not sure what the title will be yet, but the story is: You are a young magic user, and you sign up for the best school of magic in the country.

However, this school is basically the ROTC for a medieval empire. Your objective is to not fail out or die, which might be harder than it seems due to the mandatory bimonthly dangerous field exercises.

Early stages, started it a week ago and I only work on it for like half an hour every day.

Co-writing a game called “In the Red” about college misadventures and…oh yeah, demonic possession! First chapter completely done (including character creation), chapters two and three in rough draft form. Hoping to have this finished up by the end of the month!

I’m really excited to be part of this community. I’m a fan of so many of the titles released so far! I will probably be lurking on here for extra help with tricky coding. :smile:

Update: Beta readings took a bit longer than expected, but refined and ready for submission! Tentative description:

Tired of the same, old “demon meets human, demon uses human, demon accidentally unlocks indomitable apocalyptic force within human” story? In The Red: Demon Bait is a 250,000 word contemporary fantasy novel, the first installment of a multipart series.
A lousy delivery job, an unemployed roommate, and delayed graduation: you already have plenty of worries without adding demonic possession or an epic battle between the forces of good and evil to the list. Make your choices carefully, because it’s going to take a little mortal ingenuity, divine intervention, and plain dumb luck to navigate your soul to safety!

1 Like

I’ve been working on a Choicescript game now for just over two months… Tomb of the Khan. You’re an archaeologist in Central Asia searching for the legendary tomb of Genghis Khan… only to find something very unexpected below (not zombies, I promise!). I’ve got just over 10,000 words, and plan another 25k or so. Not a long game, just short and sweet.

Hey everyone. It took me a while to work out the concepts and the story but I would officially like to announce that my first CoG project is officially underway and it is moving fast. The working title is “Song of Steel” and I have put a lot of effort into making a completely original and intriguing story. If all things go as planned I should have the prologue up and running in a week and I hope I can count on a few of you to test it when I am done. Now for what you really care about, the details.

Summary: “Song of Steel” takes place in an original low fantasy world in a medieval period of it’s history. Set in the Kindom of Calaris, a young nobleman is struck down in battle only to brought back from the brink of death by a long forgotten god. Now our hero must balance his duties as a lord and to his family with his personal quest for answers in a journey that spans his entire lifetime.

I know that description is a little vauge but I do not want to reveal to much. If you have any questions on the details, or if you want to participate in the first Beta let me know.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m working on a new Choice of Script game. It’s all pretty new as of right now but I wanted to see if people would be interested in something like this.

So Summary:

In 2186, a distant future, a group of terrorists send an advanced cargo
“subway” train to its demise by colliding with a passenger train
which held more than 200 innocents. Only a handful of these innocent people
survive. Although it turns out these 200+ people were in fact a highly advanced
life-form that held a special mutation that evolved from the average human.
These “Paragons” as they were called had planned to infiltrate and
destroy the human government. It becomes an all out war between two races, the
Paragons and the humans.

I’ll post a thread eventually for some feedback :slight_smile: Thank you for reading!

3 Likes

I love the games you guys have been publishing and I have decided to start working on my own. I have created a new topic for it - The Walk of Fame. It is the early stages but I hope to have a demo or a few chapters up for the community in a little while.

Thanks and have a great day.

1 Like

I’m working on a game called ‘Way of Monarchy’. It’s begin as you are the leader of the small village. By taking care of your village, your could upgrade it to town or even a city.

Here is some intro:

You suddenly thrown into a role of a ruler! Leading a village into enchanting city with your ability and reliable(?) assistant. The ability to change the way your home is within your hand. Will it ends up as a city of rogues, or will it labeled as a blessed city? It is up to your choice to make!

I just begin to think of it for a while and currently try to draft it up. Hope it come out all right.

1 Like

Hi everyone .
I am working in my first game with the title : " Short yet Lovely "
The game lets you (the main character who unfortunately has incurable disease) choose how you spend the the rest of your life (that only has about 15 years left) .In the game ,you will encounter many problems occuring as the effect of your sudden disease ,and it will be up to you to whether confront the problems or just run away from it.
For now, I only had written the draft in a paper , and am going to start doing the script.

Hello I am working on a story tentatively called Zombien. It’s an Alien invasion/zombie survival story.I started playing with it a few months ago, but I decided a couple of weeks ago that I am going to finish it despite making it more complicated than I originally planned. The prologue and first three chapters are done. With the final four chapters ranging from partly done to complete mess. I plan to dedicate pretty much this entire month to it so will hopefully be submitting before december comes. Just as a heads up… it’s not going to be short one. Hence I thought I should warn in advance. Thanks :smile:

2 Likes

I have a WiP in the Forums currently under the name of “The Order of The Rose”. The first third of the game is nearing completion. I plan to have it done by the end of the month, as I have been on break and have been writing and coding at for an average of three to five hours a day. The game will be VERY long, with about 28 unique intro or “origin” stories for the prologue (each one is about 12k-15k words), then from there the story will branch out into one of seven unique main storylines, each of which will be about four or five times the length of the intro segments. One plan of this game is extreme replay value. Each choice you make will change the story’s ending and overall arch. For each of the seven separate races, there is a unique storyline, and a unique set of classes. For each class you select, there are several class-specific romance options, companions, quests, tasks, and chapters. After that, the companions that you select all have their own stories that you can pursue. These will be revealed to you throughout the story. Your race will play a large part in the game, and will effect how people react to your presence or authority as a member of the Order of the Rose. You are given free reign to decide how to wield the limitless power that the Order has given you, but you will be required to carefully consider these choices as they could have serious repercussions later on.

The world that the game takes place in is unique as well, with the only real fantasy cliche being humans, and even then they are given a role that is usually reserved for other races. I created all the races, classes, cities, creatures, lore, etc. myself over the course of several years when I was planning on turning this into a book. However, after being an avid player of CoGs for a year, I found that I could use this in a game. So, here I am, writing the game, and hoping all goes well. Just thought I’d give you a heads up as to the scope of the game. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I’m working on a currently untitled work, it’s about a third finished. All the planning’s done and the first third of the game is written and coded. It should be finished by December.

It’s a medium length intrigue/romance with lots of sprawling and double crossing. Should be great fun.

2 Likes

I’ve just started working on a game called The quest for Ultimate Power. Its a fantasy, magic type game. So you can think about that. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m working on The Hunter - a medieval low-fantasy game. (That’s not the final title - I hope to come up with a better one.)

You are a Royal Huntsman - a professional hunter raised from childhood to track and kill the monsters that plague the Kingdom.

You will choose how to conduct your hunts. Killing beasts, however, is only part of the picture.
In your travels, you will encounter bandits, rebels, peasants, nobles, potential romantic interests, other Huntsmen, and perhaps even the King himself. Whether you embroil yourself in the kingdom’s politics, or stay out of them altogether, is up to you.

It’s a medium-length game. I aim to have a demo out within the next month or so.

2 Likes

I’ve returned to Dancing with Demons, virtually restarting from scratch. I wasn’t going to do it, but one day I couldn’t get to work because of a flood and so I turned TV on and saw Lost Girl. That series really helped me envision an urban fantasy setting. What is more, Anna Silk plays an amazing succubus.

I hope to be able to show a playable demo by mid December.

Thanks to all of the readers who liked the original demo and I hope I will eventually be able to provide a finished app.

Meanwhile, The Path of Light vol. 2 will probably be out soon (as an inn-app purchase).

1 Like

I’m working on “Stepsister”, a game based on Cinderella in which you play her stepsister, set in a fictionalised mediaeval Germany. You have the choice to alter her fate, either by being kind and compassionate or more wicked than the Grimm version, but always with the chance of having your eyes pecked out looming in front of you… You can romance Cinderella, steal her Prince for yourself, or find a different romance or career based ending.

The first arc of three is polished writing wise and in the process of being coded in ChoiceSrcipt. (I am using Twine to prototype). The second two acts are plotted out in skeletal form. And of course stats will need a lot of play testing and tweaking to get the required affect. Still, I am hoping to be finished by late March.

6 Likes

I’m working on a game but I think I will be done by June next year because i have some problems in the code, although i understand it but I always have errors and I don’t know why XD unless if the msgbox appeared XD It is called The Guardian of Morfheilm, a game where you will play as the guardian and protect the world or even the whole dimension. You will first pick your race and although each race has a corresponding magic, you as the guardian is the reincarnation of the previous guardians and must master all arts. It’s also up to you to be the evil guardian or the good. If possible, I will put a romantic setting too.

I’m currently working on the first game of at least 3 for now for a series I like to call Brave Breakers a Sci-fi action interactive novel with a hint of romance. Below I will include a premise of the game as well as a link to the demo containing half of chapter 1.

"The Year is 2336 AD. Through many technological innovations humanity has started to build a life for themselves in the stars finally relieving the planet Earth from centuries of overpopulation, and still… humanity has yet to come together as one.

150 years ago today there were only a few small scale colonies incapable curing the world of it’s overpopulation and the disease of resource deprivation, but now thanks to a technological innovation around the same time; not counting several smaller stations there are as many as 30 large scale colonies capable of hosting 1 million lives and thanks to deep space mining another 12 under construction. This created a massive economic boom allowing even the most barbaric of 3rd world nations to turn a profit. This supposed change for the better was the result of a revolutionary break through in construction technology.

That break through was the invention of the human piloted large scale construction mech the Breaker, of which was invented by Russian Engineer Zubarev Vitaya. This innovation single handedly restored the economic strength of Russia after the crippling sanctions imposed upon it due to the Ukraine Crisis years ago. Their pilots through a reason lost to history became known as “Braves”.

60 years later in 2246 AD as the 12th large scale colony was completed, the Russian government for the sake of peace bowed to international pressure and released to the nations that existed at the time blueprints guiding these powers onto how to construct Breaker Units of their own as well as how to train pilots to use them. The reason for that pressure was due to the overwhelming performance of the AGX-Z00A Berkut the first military grade Breaker in existence in putting down the rebels in the Russian Civil War that started 16 years ago and ended 5 years earlier as a result of this device. The Russian Prime Minister of the time knew that even though they had the immense power of this weapon, they would not stand a chance in a war where the entire world was their enemy.

As a result of the blueprints being released the nations of the world gathered together under two flags. The first and larger of the two was the United Earth Federation Government or UEFG for short. Their primary members lead by the US and Great Britain are of course the two aforementioned nations, Australia, Japan, all of the South African Nations, Canada, and Mexico.

The second power and also a surprisingly more democratic one than expected was the Orbital United Rebublic lead by Russia and France with their supporting members being nearly all of the middle eastern nations, former member nations of the Soviet Union, N/S Korea, China, and the Northern African nations. The remaining nations though they stand apart are neutral parties.

At first the relationship between these two power blocks were very cordial, but relationships grew strained as UEFG member nations called for the development of their own space capable Breaker units in response to the OUR being ahead in the development of space capable military vessels though they have less than a dozen proto-type ships in service in this modern age. They also made the call in order to put an end to the costly contracts with the OUR for the assistance in the construction of UEFG Space facilities.

On the OUR’s side resentment was directed towards the UEFG for forcing them to agree to unfavorable trade deals through what they called underhanded tactics. They are also demanding an end to what they claim to be inhuman conditions that their citizens have to work in for their contracts of assistance with the UEFG in regards the construction of their space facilities.

Make no mistake… War is coming, but it’s only a matter of time. Still there were two events in history that knocked over the first domino of battle. In 2310AD one of the neutral nations of the world revealed that Iceland a member nation of the OUR at the time violated several international treaties by engaging in highly illegal research into the development of super soldiers using test tube babies as well as kidnapped children from around the world. The facilities were shut down, the current Iceland government was deposed, and the nation was kicked out of the OUR.

The OUR government was innocent in this scandal as they never actually approved of such a research project nor did they know that Iceland was undertaking it, but the damage had been done to their image on the world stage. This caused a great deal of strife and resentment both internally and externally for the world power. Still… let’s just say there may have been members of the OUR military that copied Iceland’s research data as well as acquiring a few of the remaining test subjects for their own use, but that is a story that’ll be told another time.

The second incident and the actual power keg that led to war took place in November 2328 AD on Thanksgiving Day. In an attempt to ease tensions between these two powers representatives from the UEFG and OUR met for a peace conference in neutral territory.

You’re probably wondering what they talked about aren’t you? Well so is the rest of the world as 3 hours into the summit the entire meeting hall was destroyed in a massive explosion killing the representatives of the two powers as well as those of neutral nations and members of their entourage.

Both sides denied responsibility for this act of terror, and instead accused the other of being responsible. Perhaps one day history shall record the truth of this incident, but at that moment the military forces sent to guard the representatives of both powers instantly locked horns on the territory of a neutral nation.

From this moment the war had officially begun, and a few days later the UEFG were soundly defeated in the first battle of the war upon the land this neutral nation that wished to be a host to peace. The first battle came to be known as the Singapore Conflict.

8 years later in the modern date of 2336 AD the war still continues to rage on as both Global powers are locked in a stalemate. On one hand there is the superior resources of the UEFG, and the other hand there is the superior military technology of the OUR. Only time would tell if there would eventually be a one true victor.

You are an 18 year old Dale College Freshman and a citizen of the UEFG. You and the rest of your freshmen class are taking part in the opening ceremony of your school on the USS Historian an older generation BCV or Breaker Carrier Vessel in the UEFG capital city of London that has seen many an intense battle.

Your opening ceremony also coincides with a major UEFG holiday celebrating the foundation of your very government, of which is never complete without a ship (IE the one you’re on) sailing across the London Harbor 10:36AM in the morning every year

This was supposed to be the start of the rest of your life, but your entire world was turned upside down as the result of a surprise attack by an OUR force consisting of people you never thought you’d meet on your government’s most cherished of days. Like it or not the rest of your life starts with you being forced to fight for that very thing.

Will you survive until the war’s end? Will you be killed by a lucky shot? Will you become the leader that your fellow pilots need? Will you be the hero that your nation rallies around? Or instead will you be the fool that ensured it’s destruction? Is there any chance of love for you in this war-torn world? If so will it be your High School crush? Or maybe it’ll be that person who never thought they’d see you again? Do you think it could even be that soldier that hates your guts?

Find out in the full release of Brave Breakers."

Though I say full release it should be noted that I’ve only just started production, so it’ll be a long way before I can even begin to predict when it’ll be done.

Demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4niov61ogq22eva/Brave%20Breakers.html?dl=0

I found out this existed two days ago, and now I am three chapters into making my first game. I absolutely adore this system, I’ve got such fond memories of choose your own adventure books, used to do MUD programming and once upon a time in the mid nineties I ran my own table-top company. These days I am not in the game industry, but I sorely miss it.

These days I am an author, my prose is just available in swedish so far, but my comic is in english and can be read at www.breakscomic.com.

The game I am working on is an adaption of a book I was working on as a side project, but which I shelved because other things came up. It’s an examination of supervillany, in which you play a former hero turned villain.

The reason why I picked that narrative is that I am fascinated with the concept of choice, and the good old option of enabling the player to both continue on their path of destruction or maybe find some sort of redemption. And to that my enjoyment of the way Bioware handles companions, and it’s going to be interesting to see what I can do with this system.

Link to demo of the game, click to play: Los Diablos

7 Likes

Hiya, I have just started working on something in ChoiceScript. I heard you were accepting submissions about a week ago, but just figured out what plot to go with. Working title is “Monster High”, though I will try to come up with something better. I have done some basic coding, so I think this will be done in about a month, and I shouldn’t need any technical help. Whenever I finish it, I will need some play testers, though.

The concept is that you are a supernatural creature that is going to an otherwise normal high school. Whatever creature you pick, you will interact with the other creature options as NPCs/love interests. You will be able to focus on grades, popularity, love, blending in or showing off, and a ton of other options. There is also a monster hunter you will have to deal with successfully if you want to survive and graduate.

2 Likes

I am working on a project called Dark Lord. I have a lot of time for coding so I expected the game to finish within March, the game is rather big, not as Tin Star, of course.

1 Like