I’ve begun work on my first ever ChoiceScript game called “Apocalypse Chronicles”.
In Apocalypse Chronicles, you find yourself in the heart of a post-apocalyptic world, following a devastating nuclear conflict between China and the United States. The game begins on a seemingly ordinary day when you, the protagonist, are enjoying a day off from work. As you relax at home, the world as you know it crumbles around you.
You’ll start by choosing your character’s background from nine different professions and further customize your gender, sexual interests, appearance and skills. Your decisions will impact your survival abilities and shape the way you navigate this new, unforgiving world.
As tensions between the US and China reach a boiling point over an incident in the South China Sea, one side makes the fateful decision to launch a nuclear strike. Seattle, your home city, suffers a catastrophic blast. Miraculously, you survive the initial destruction, but your fight for survival has only just begun.
Your journey will take you through the perilous ruins of Seattle, where you will encounter other survivors and hostile factions, all while battling the elements and the lingering effects of radiation. You’ll need to scavenge for resources, form alliances, and make difficult choices to ensure your survival in this harsh, post-apocalyptic world.
In Apocalypse Chronicles, the choices you make will determine your fate, the fate of those you meet, and possibly even the future of the whole country. Forge your path through the wreckage of a world torn apart by war and discover what it truly means to survive in the face of unimaginable adversity.
I’ve written a good amount of the Character creation and prologue scenes so far. The total word count is around 103.000 words at the moment. But many decision points and interactions are still missing in the prologue.
- Added an opportunity to visit your elderly neighbors (and help them prepare, or use them to your advantage)
- Added an opportunity to do some research on the crisis via TV or Internet (if you are a soldier or have a high enough electronics skill, you can do even more)
- Enhanced the scene where you can secure your home with some techniques taken from a real-life nuclear survival guide (This scene will be enhanced even more in the future)
- Every profession should now be able to play until the end of the prologue
- Various other minor enhancements and fixes
- Add more profession specific content to the prologue
- Start work on Chapter 1
In terms of feedback, I’m open for anything at the moment. Please share your thoughts on spelling, grammar or narrative issues with me. I’m thankful for every input I can get.