Apex Predators (WIP) (On Hiatus)

I hope you try it out again. Someone pointed out that the writing style was different so it might confused you so I deleted it. :joy:

1 Like

I love the work but is it possible for the MC to keep that he is a vampire a secret just to mess with the survivors

1 Like

…Not unless you want to starve.

4 Likes

Thank you for all your thoughts, @freeki_Milliu! I hope that a longer demo will give you a better taste of the writing style! :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, at some point in the game someone’s going to make a Twilight Vampires Sparkle joke, and it’s up to you to decide if your vampire is savvy enough to get the joke (enough to roll your eyes at it) or if you are just so oblivious to human activities you missed the whole Twilight thing entirely!

As @COGZealot said, no, unfortunately, they’re going to find out you’re a vampire over the course of the story. That’s how the deal that helps you live is made! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Seem like a perfect time to start it up again :wink:.

So…if we can become ‘Master vampire’ …

which version are we ? lol

The wrinkly ugly need some botox on those lines ?

Or…the ‘your face is still a train wreck…but check out the wings!’

Or are we going to be…‘Too sexy for a shirt’ Master Vampire ?

:smirk: yes I’m that bored but I really wanna know :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Why can’t we just go Underworld Elder Vampire mode? You know. The Brightly glowing eyes, the insane strength, possibility to take a Bat like form (Granted I’m assuming this is if we get bitten by the werewolf considering lore in his story)

3 Likes

So I’m guessing Caine was the original vampire or Dracula. Also is there a separate dimensions for the fey meeting or seelie council or do they live among the humans

2 Likes

Will we be able to take the place of the primal vampires or something similar not master vampire but the primal vampires and would it be possible to gain other powers by drinking enough blood from other non-vampire fey like draining them completely for new powers in exchange for humanity

1 Like

@E_RedMark Becoming a master vampire means you’re basically just you but with hemokinesis and whatnot! So I guess the ‘too sexy for a shirt’ camp? :wink:

You mean Cain and Abel, right, lol? Because I thought you meant Caine from Shepherds of Haven for a second… I imagine Dracula was one of the first ancestral, primeval vampires, but I won’t go into their origins here. :slight_smile: (Incidentally, Cain is thought to be the ancestors of monsters (such as Grendel from Beowulf), while Abel is thought to be the ancestor of men, so Cain could have conceivably been an ancestral vampire…?)

All Fay live in the real world: there is no separate dimension for them. :slight_smile: The Seelie Council is hidden by magic from the eyes of humans, but it’s still in our world, as it were.

Primal vampires are not going to factor into this story at all. And no, Fay blood doesn’t do anything for a vampire, unless it’s witch/sorcerer blood, which is essentially human blood!

4 Likes

Also,

Thanks for 1,000 clicks in 2 days, everyone!

:champagne: :fireworks: :tada: :confetti_ball:

I hope to upload just a little more to the demo by the end of today or tomorrow, depending on work! :grin:

35 Likes

Yeah I meant the Biblical Cain but adding a E to Cain feels right ya know? Also that you for your quick replies

1 Like

I mean both of her stories have a lot of potential to be great (and both already are) but @rinari said that this is her writers’ block story (so like, in the end, this may get comparatively more progress because this is shorter and less complex then ShoH) but it wouldn’t be super fair to shift focus on this one when ShoH has been so highly anticipated :grinning: but hey in the end we’re going to get two fantastic games out of this.

6 Likes

People like vampires… and zombies…

3 Likes

Just need to add pirates and Ninjas

5 Likes

You forgot samurai and knights :blush:

5 Likes

Don’t forget rangers

How much do I trust @rinari to write a beautiful story, I will buy this as soon as it is available without having read one word of the WIP. There are few people, whose writing style so enthralls me, but damn this is one of them.

6 Likes

Thank you @2xs, what incredibly kind words! I’m honored!

10 Likes

Really love it so far. But being how I didn’t see where your going with the zombie part of the story I’m a little bubed, but I will wait patiently to see where this can go.

1 Like