Anti-Mutant Academy (WIP Demo - Updated 6/14)

This topic was automatically closed 62 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.

I was just thinking about this story today!

3 Likes

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! I am indeed alive and bring along a 40,000 word update, which is almost the first two chapters combined! I sincerely hope that the amount of content is able to make up for the long wait and assure you of my commitment to this project. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find errors and typos, but Iā€™m sure there will still be quite a few so I will appreciate anyone who points them out!

The update finishes up Chapter 3 as well as continues about halfway through Chapter 4. A couple of notes Iā€™d like to add is that I have given the Dean a name ā€œDean Matthewsā€ and I changed Tierraā€™s name to Lisette so there isnā€™t too much confusion with Tahliaā€™s name being so similar.

Forgot to mention this on the first edit, but I would appreciate any feedback especially concerning towards the Quest! Iā€™m still trying to figure out whatā€™s a good length and difficult so please let me know if it was boring, fun, too short, too long, too easy, or too hard.

Sorry for the wait again! Iā€™m currently in school so with everything online, it makes it difficult to find motivation to write for fun in my free time. This will probably be the biggest update this game, but considering we only have 2 and a half chapters left, it wonā€™t take too long until this babyā€™s first draft is finished! The plot is certainly going to start rolling pretty soon, so I appreciate everyone patience with the world building!

My poll this update is this: which career choice out of the big four interests you the most? It will be a long time before this comes into play, but Iā€™m still curious as to which jobs you all are curious sounds the most fun to you all.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great new year! I look forward to working hard on keeping this updated as quickly as possible. Any feedback on the story, characters, or writing in general is appreciated so much!

Which of the big four jobs is your favorite?
  • Soldier
  • Scavenger
  • Scientist
  • Diplomat

0 voters

17 Likes

YOUR FINALLY BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! Wait your not a zombie are you?

2 Likes

Zombie?! Of course not, haha! ā€¦That being said, mind if I get a quick bite out of that brain of yours?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know why but reading the word ā€˜Soliderā€™ always cracks me up.

1 Like

you can have mine, i donā€™t use it very often

good to see ya back tho! this gameā€™s one of my favorites!

1 Like

I love the update. Iā€™m relieved that this project is still alive and not dead. I really am enjoying this and looking forward to seeing more.
Merry Christmas to all

1 Like

@snas @Checkmate Appreciate you both! Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Hello, I just finished playing and I really like it so far. One possible bug that I came across is that it seems like it skips part of chapter three? I checked the code, and it looks like the problem is the *goto new right before the first scene. Other than that, I think this is a really interesting story!

1 Like

Whoops, forgot to get rid of the shortcut I made for myself while making sure the Chapter 3 Intermission was working. Thatā€™s about half of that chapter actually and is very important so I would suggest going back and checking that out, sorry about that! Thanks for catching the error and for the kind feed back :smile:

3 Likes

Scavenger is my favorite!

1 Like

So will we become strong as a Soldier, fast as a Scavenger, smart as a Scientist if we neglect all kinds of friendships, romance, special scenes ?

1 Like

This is going to be cruddy because Iā€™m quite tired so my ability to read is ten times worse than usual. But I can say this! There are parts where there is quite a bit of text at one time, especially on mobile. While itā€™s broken up in paragraphs, it still feels daunting. But thatā€™s a personal thing, I suspect. And maybe just overall preference. I would also like more variation is response choices. I havenā€™t played the whole demo because I really need to sleep, but I feel like we donā€™t get quite enough options to respond to situations. Like for Ruth? I wouldā€™ve preferred to stay out of it entirely and let them go at it! But, of course, what you have here is impressive thus far and I encourage you to keep up the good work whenever you can!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just went through this demo, and itā€™s pretty nice! The other students are interesting to say the least. My favorite was Anni, sheā€™s pretty damn happy all things considered, so iā€™d like to know more. Hey, maybe youā€™ll get to help her condition if you go the way of the scientist, thatā€™d be nice.

However, i have noticed an error, at the part where Anni gives a speech, the textā€™ll go something like

ā€œThanks to the aid of both the superb explanations of my partner, MC {surname}ā€

Am i the only one who got this?

1 Like

@lokidemon007 Awesome! Any reason as to why?

@Manaxaggd Thereā€™s nothing beneficial in not viewing character interaction scenes, outside of saving time and spending energy elsewhere if thatā€™s not the type of stuff youā€™re interested in. I suppose if you spend all your energy on raising your attributes when given the chance, you will become significantly better at the job you choose though!

@PrismaticSpace That wasnā€™t cruddy at all! I really appreciate you pointing this out actually because both problems were something I was unsure about when writing this! Finding out a comfortable amount of text per page and paragraph is definitely something Iā€™m still trying to figure out, so Iā€™ll definitely distribute the pages better in the future; I also intend to go back and make the pages prettier in general during another draft either way! Same thing goes for adding more choices, Iā€™ll write that in my notes.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, it helps me a lot :smile:

@GEPGUN Thank you! Anniā€™s condition will definitely be explored in the future, particularly if you spend time with her during Intermissions, so Iā€™m glad you like her!

Yup, just checked now and saw that typo in the code. Fixed now, thanks!

3 Likes

Oh, good! I was worried it was or that Iā€™d come off as rude or anything as my filter is just nonexistent when Iā€™m tired. :joy: So, Iā€™m glad I had the mind to at least pretend like Iā€™m polite.

2 Likes

Scavenger is the most interesting to me.

1 Like

very interesting! I love the diversity of characters, and the plot is intriguing.

2 questions:

Is is possible to romance anyone? (I particularly like Jay)

Also Would there be a save option?

2 Likes