Today we announce the Choice of Games Contest for Interactive Novels
Write and submit a game written in ChoiceScript for your chance to win publication on our Choice of Games line of interactive novels! Did you ever want to write a Choice of Games game? Now is your chance.
Deadline: January 31, 2018
And the author(s) must:
- Be over the age of 18 as of January 31, 2018
- Reside in the fifty United States or Washington, D.C., the United Kingdom, or Canada (except Quebec)*
- Be written in ChoiceScript, in English
- Be at least 100,000 words long, including both prose and code, with a playthrough length of at least 20,000 words
- Pass both Quicktest and Randomtest automated tests
- Allow players to choose the player character’s gender
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Original, Interesting Characters, 15% of score
- Original, Interesting Setting and Plot, 15% of score
- Conflicting Goals with Satisfying Endings, 15% of score
- Balanced, Intentional, Interesting Choices/Options, 15% of score
- Inclusivity, 10% of score
- Prose Styling, 10% of score
- Creative Stats, Consistently Applied, 10% of score
- Length and Coding Efficiency, 5% of score
- Overall, Judge’s Choice, 5% of score
First Place: Winner will receive $5,000 and publication, including 25% royalties on sales of the published game.
Second Place: Winner will receive $3,000 and publication, including 25% royalties on sales of the published game.
Third Place: Winner will receive $2,000 and publication, including 25% royalties on sales of the published game.
*Ineligible to enter? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why. (For example, if you’re not a resident of the nations we listed, tell us where you reside.) We might not be able to do anything about the contest this year, but if we run the contest again, your feedback will guide our efforts next year. And don’t forget that you’re probably still eligible to publish a game under the Hosted Games label, which accepts authors of any age and from most countries in the world.