An Unusual Adventure (demo)

@Ioelet A man objecting to being kissed by another man is not homophobic in the slightest.

1 Like

@Drazen it is if couldn’t accept read about the posibility of his character doing that. it is like some men couldn’t read a book with a girl like narrator protagonist I know people like that

1 Like

Well, think of it this way. Homosexuals object to games where they can only play straights. Likewise, as a straight, I dislike playing the role of a homosexual. Does that make sense?

1 Like

@Wyrmspawn
“It’s just the same as a story that forces gays to be straight. I don’t see why this should be an issue, but I disagree that this is about homophobia.”
I know - and since my upcoming game will probably not include homosexuality, if a homosexual player would have a problem with playing that I would tell him to get over his heterophobia.

There are games where you play a soldier, games where you play a superhero, games where you play a mafia-gangster. Some things you can choose, some that are fix.
And there is a game where one of the fixed things is “your character kisses this girl/this guy.”…

1 Like

@Ioelet Really, I must protest. These terms are far to severe for their context.

1 Like

I understand it but I have no problem is like you never play like black because you are Asiatic or Caucasian im Caucasian and play games like black homo men and I’m a white straight girl is a question of imagination or fantasy like in videogames

1 Like

@Drazen
So, if I understood it right, somone had a problem with the fact, that a fictive character in a fictive story kisses a fictive person… only because of the fact that this person had the same gender.
It was not like
“You failed by creating a romantic atmosphere.”
or
“This guy was an idiot - why should my character like to kiss him.”
or
“I don’t like stories where you can’t choose who you want to kiss.”
or
“I can only sympathize with heterosexual characters.”

It was just "I don’t want to b force into being bi ".
That sounds not very rational but very phobic to me…

Every time I see the lesbian lovestory in V for Vendetta I get wet eyes. The lovestory in the movie Trick (with gay protagonists) had some really sweet moments. I never felt like being forced to change anything of my heterosexuality while watching those movies.
I just enjoyed watching nice people being happy with their partner… I sympathize with that. I like that. I know that.
Homosexual love is closer to my heterosexual love and life than being a superhero/mafia-gangster/dragon could ever be. Nobody would ever complain about “being forced to be a mafia-gangster”.

1 Like

about my “severe” writing:
English is not my mothertongue, so I’m not very good in subtle expression.
That could make it sound harder than intended.

1 Like

@Ioelet, It could simply be the case that @Talon5505, being presumably heterosexual, cannot relate to a character in a homosexual situation, and was perturbed by the occurrence, - which would be fine, even if you thought it silly. To jump to accusations of homophobia…or heterophobia, when you reversed the situation… strike me both as unwarranted, and somewhat degrading to when they actually occur.

1 Like

I have no problem with someone who does not like to play a homesexual character by whatever reason… or maybe someone who just does not like it in just this story for this character.

But I had a problem with that:
“Why does the dude kiss us? Already done playing this. I don’t want to b force into being bi”

Is their any reason to explain or apologize why a guy in a story kisses another guy?
Is their any reason to react like someone forced you to lead the next Christopher Street Day parade?

For me that sounds like an irrational overreaction. That’s all I wanted to say.

1 Like

@Ioelet And an irrational overreaction it may well be. But beyond that, one should hold back one’s condemnation.

1 Like

By writing “homophobia” I just wanted to say “an irrational, because not objectively reasoned aversion of homosexal people or their way of life” (that’s what German wikipedia says)

Everybody is free to decide which story to play and I accept that - but complaining about being forced to a homosexual lifestyle in a context where you would never complain about being forced to a dragon lifestyle… that sounds weird.

I didn’t like how Talon reacted like it was the bizarrest thing that could ever happen in a Hosted Game and like he was insulted by the story.

I just wanted to say:
“Relax. Calm down. Nobody forces you to anything. Your fear is just an irrational fear… your fear of being forced to a homosexual lifestyle”

…how would you better call “a fear of being forced to a homosexual lifestyle” than just “homophobia”?

1 Like

@Ioelet That definition seems too mild. I mean, I dare to say the vast majority of heterosexual/homosexual people would have an “irrational”, by which they mean impulsive, aversion to being placed in a homosexual/heterosexual situation respectively. That, however, does not necessarily correlate to any form of active opposition.

1 Like

I didn’t say neither mean anything of an “active opposition”. Sorry, if you missunderstood me here. I did not want to insult anyone.

1 Like

@Nasdaxow “So… bye-bye!”
I’d like ta remain neutral on the above argument, ya know?

1 Like

How do you know your being a homosexual by kissing the man anyway? What if said fictive character you play as is a woman?

1 Like

His complaint was damn silly anyway. What of his character isn’t in control did Talon not get? The character didn’t choose to be kissed by a guy anymore than he chose to be on a pirate ship, or in a time machine, or get kidnapped by a mad scientist.

And did he somehow fail to gronk that the MC is tied up?

1 Like

Yeah, I thought the PC was forced into the kiss? xD

1 Like

No, I mean the PC didn’t struggle really. Why would a man just randomly kiss another man, that is what I find weird. If I had the choice to refuse it, I wouldn’t mind. I am NOT homophobic and take great insult by being forced into a class of stereotypes. I feel uncomfortable being in that position because I am a vivid reader to the point of I can practically enter the characters world.

1 Like

What, would you rather the MC bite or headbutt the guy who has him tied up completely helpless with lots of nasty instruments around? Not really bright, that.

Or say “Oh hell no!” I doubt that’s the safeword.

1 Like