An Office Romance Game--Updated April 10, 2019

@Cammy: The current Heroes Rise doesn’t have this, but in a previous version, the game railroaded you into the romance chapter regardless of whether or not you liked the love interest in question. It was very annoying since I found him/her to be a major jackass.

That’s what I was worried about when I read the tug-of-war.

He pulls you closer and asks if he can kiss you.

I have trouble picturing this as being anything other than extremely awkward… but then again I’m extremely awkward. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm, I kind of wonder how the office love triangle would work with a male player character. I can’t imagine a man being allowed to say he wasn’t serious about anyone yet.

@CammyCamaro How is the game coming along.

I apologize to everyone for not responding to the forum. I’ve had some personal issues to deal with so I took a break from writing. I’m hoping to write extensively this weekend so hopefully I’ll have new content up soon :slight_smile:

@Xt1000305: I agree, each page should have some plot to it instead of just a choice. I’m revising to make sure the transitions are fluid. I also want to make sure I develop the characters better since relationships in the game (romantic or not) affect game play quite a bit. Thank you for playing!

@Ramidel: Hmm I see what you mean. Now I’m worried I have the same issue. I haven’t finished the rewrite for the romance arc yet, but players will have to go through it. Do you think that’ll be ok as long as players have choices to respond in a non-romantic way? I’ll try not to make any of the characters too unappealing lol. Thank you for the information!

@Shoelip: Yeah it’s a surprise attack! Maybe I can increase the interaction section with Mark to help players decide whether they want to pursue a relationship with him or not. I agree it’s probably awkward, but hey at least he asked first lol.

The game is still written from a female perspective so I have to figure out how to integrate a male perspective into the story. However, I’m tempted to just keep it from a girl’s perspective and allow players to romance any of the characters, male or female.

Thank you for your comments!

1 Like

@ItalionStailon: I rewrote about a third of what’s posted before my hiatus. I’ve changed the story to allow players to romance (if they want to) any of the characters so now I have to develop all the characters evenly. Since I changed so much in the beginning, I have a lot of rewriting to do! I’m hoping to finish my revisions within the next couple of days so I can start on the upcoming chapter. Thank you for asking :slight_smile:

@Cammy: Just so long as people have an option to blow off everyone who comes onto them, I’d be cool with that.

That said, the way you’ve written it so far, Mark is a massive jackass who asks to kiss you when you haven’t shown any interest in him, and Jill calls you the office mattress when you’ve been saying no to everyone. One character with a penchant for sexual harassment is fine, but having two of them kinda gets on my nerves.

@CammyCamaro It is good to hear that you are still working on this. Good luck with writing the game.

Hello Everyone! I’m so excited to be writing again. It’s been awhile! I’ve made major changes to the game and hopefully everyone likes them :slight_smile:

1. I’ve changed the title to “An Office Romance” because romance is a strong component of the story. However, the fun aspects of being at a job–getting to know others, competition, opportunities for sabotage–will all still be there eventually so don’t worry!

2. Players now have the option to romance any of the characters. I’ve also added more character interactions so the romance aspect doesn’t feel too forced.

Helpful suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136119576/web/mygame/index.html

1 Like

Ah! Got an error, line 144. Do not remember what it was about, but it didn’t like when I told Tyler that I was a gym rat…

It’s pretty interesting so far though, not something I really figured I’d get into but so far it’s proved to be a nice change of pace. Keep up the good work!

@CammyCamaro

When will I be able to harass and stalk my fellow co-workers?

I’m liking this game so far, like others have said, it’s a nice change of pace from the usual intense jam packed games on here. I mean, I love games like that too, but I like a balance in life :smiley:

Oh! I remember this game. I played it a few months ago but didn’t comment at the time, since the thread hadn’t been updated in a while. It’s good to see you’re writing it again.

Thank you @Babisko I’ll keep looking into that. If you have any additional info please let me know cause I’m not running into the same error message.

Thank you for your nice comments :slight_smile:

Lol sorry @2Ton that’s probably not gonna be an option. I’ll consider it for An Office Adventure 2 :wink:

@alleykae Yeah I’m definitely going for a more slice-of-life feel with just a hint of absurd fun. Thanks for playing!

@FairyGodfeather Thanks for playing! I’m excited to be writing again. Hopefully I can keep my momentum and have new content up soon.

@cammycamaro please use the edit button ?