An Office Romance Game--Updated April 10, 2019

Pretty cool! I found it fun! But one suggestion, on the “date” scenes with letting someone else pay, I think there should be a third option rather than “I’m cheap” or “It’s a date” something like being polite. I know it’s a weird topic, but sometimes its easier to let someone pay and feel good than to fight with them and make it awkward.

@Shoelip: SPOILER ALERT: The confrontation with the boss, Anne, starts in this update.

@FoxalypticWorld: Glad you like it :slight_smile: What if the third option is, “I’ll let him pay and offer to get the next one.”?

1 Like

I like that one! :smiley: Yes, yes I do! Sounds like something I would say lool. I like the story so far, keeps me on me toes.

@FoxalypticWorld: Done! Option added :slight_smile:

Hello again! New content posted. The story is still with Anne, but it gets a lot more interesting :wink: Enjoy!

Glad to see your still working on this game cammy keep it up!!
Your loyal fan
@starwarsmaster

Yessssss! And thanks! I love it when games are still being worked on!

Glad this is still being updated!

@StarWarsMaster @FoxalypticWorld @attolia: Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Hope you guys are having a nice weekend! New content uploaded! The story continues a little bit more with Anne but focuses back on interacting with the other characters. Please feel free to tell me what you guys think of the story’s direction so far, and what events you’d like to see next. I have my own ideas, of course, but I’m open to suggestions.

1 Like

I enjoyed it a lot :slight_smile: i wish you the best with finishing it

Hi Cammy, looks really good, but with confrontation with Anne:

She’s being seriously inappropriate. Really. If my boss were like that, I’d find a superior, and I’d team up with Billy to talk it out with Anne’s boss and the place’s HR guy or something. Why hasn’t the character done anything like that?

Or why is she finding Anne attractive after this woman is harassing her best friend? :confused:

@Alexa_Nicolaou: I’m glad you like it! Hoping to continue uploading new content every weekend :smile:

@Mim: It’s a slice of life story game so it’s not written to represent the actual occurrences of an office setting 100%, If it did, the game would be quite boring. Do you think it would be helpful to add a scene explaining why the main character doesn’t go straight to HR? Thanks for the input!

Hello! New content available! You get to learn a bit about your co-workers and you can use that knowledge later during the offsite. I’ve updated the story every week, and I’ll try hard to keep it up (so far so good). Thanks for playing! I appreciate the comments/feedback :smile:

Hi there! New chapter available! I decided to go back and revise the story a little so the new scene isn’t a continuation of the story. The additional chapter is after the big “debacle” with Jillian. A new, minor character is introduced. I’m planning on adding another scene or two of normal workday events. It helps lighten the story and gives player’s a break from all the romance :smiley:

Please let me know what you think of the story. Helpful critiques appreciated!

2 Likes

The HR could not care about it even if your MC approaches them since he/she or whoever the HR is will be supporting Anne. Or HR is requesting for evidences, but no one really wants to do the paper works for it and Anne is tolerated by everyone since she won’t really go over the line if it gets way too touchy? Or HR really doesn’t care what Anne does as long as everyone does their jobs. That’s all that I can think of at the moment.

Personally, I wouldn’t mention HR. As you noted, Cammy, this is a slice of life game and HR would be something of a killjoy unless it added something to the game. It’s not supposed to be the kind of office drama where Anne can sexually harass her employees at will and HR won’t fire her because she’s the one who brings in the big clients (I know someone who was in that kind of office situation, wasn’t funny at all.)

If Anne’s sexual harassment is obnoxious, it probably shouldn’t be in the game at all. (Playing obnoxious sexual harassment for laughs, while a common trope, really shouldn’t be encouraged.)

@Aera: Thank you for the suggestions, Aera! I’m not sure if I’ll add a scene with HR but the scenarios you mentioned are helpful.

@Ramidel: I agree with the HR part. When I thought about what events would follow, the likely scenario would be Anne and/or the main character being let go. Anne’s advances aren’t meant to be obnoxious. It’s suppose to present players with multiple options when it comes to helping Billy and advancing your career even if through dishonest means. For the story, Anne inappropriateness will not be going to the realm that warrants police involvement.

Hi Everyone! I’m sorry for not posting last weekend. Since the holidays are coming up, I’ve been busier than usual. I’ll be posting a chapter this weekend that continues with the new character, Alex. Please stay tuned :smile:

The progress in this baby. Mmmm.

@Beezlebub: I’m guessing you’re liking the chapter/week schedule? Lol I’ll do my best to keep it up :smile:

Hey Everyone! New chapter uploaded about Alex. Thanks for playing! If you have any ideas of what office scenarios you’d like to see next, please let me know!

It’s just that I only recently learned how to use CoG’s new system and coming back after months and playing this game again with all these new updates pleases me. :slight_smile:

Could I get the link to the revised version please? I would really like to try it :slight_smile:

The link at the beginning of the thread will take you to the newest version.