An Office Romance Game--Updated April 10, 2019

@Eiwynn: Glad you liked it :slight_smile: Yes, that scene comes up a lot. Do you think it adds to the story or should I change it? I was planning on keeping the scene and addressing it again later in the story (ex. you can report Anne to HR, but it would have to be much later or else the game ends quickly). I’d appreciate your feedback!

Hello everyone! I’m sorry but the update won’t be ready until tomorrow :sweat:. I just figured out temp variables (I know, I’m such a newb :laughing:) so it’s taking me longer than usual to finish. Thanks for your patience!

6 Likes

The scene itself is written well but I think she pushes her advances too far. Once you knock her hand away, it would be more realistic if she changed to a mental approach - too much physical and the employee would report her sooner…

Its good to address the issue if you’ll allow resolution later - but if your just going to have the scene for drama purposes only, it would be too much. I hope that makes sense.

Keep up the story, Billy is a great guy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Eiwynn: I’m considering rewriting the scene so the harassment is more subtle. That would be more believable, and being reported to HR immediately wouldn’t be the expected result. Thanks for your feedback!

Hello! Short update available! The update is for when you decide to carpool, assign carpools, and either 1) ask Mark to not drive->ask Jillian to join Mark’s carpool->decline Tyler’s invitation to carpool or 2) ask Jillian not to drive->decline Tyler’s invitation to carpool. Thanks for playing and constructive criticism is always welcome :smile:

8 Likes

just noticed when prompted for your name at the start, if you type a last name too, everyone always uses your full name, not a biggie though, as guess that’d be hard to change this late :stuck_out_tongue:

just after you choose jillian or mark for the project. "another one of your late nights with Mark, say, "Thanks for " *mark/he says
an option shortly after that scene. “I rather go home and work on the project” *I’d

whilst snooping around tyler’s desk drawers. "full of grooming items like toothbrush and toothpaste, " * a toothbrush/toothbrushes

during the first presentation. "Jillian introduces all the plants that Pharmacide’s (your company) has " don’t think the (your company) bit is necessary, but that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue: . just because you mention that at the start of the story, so people should be paying attention lol.

when you go up to present. “You take a deep breathe” *breath

after presentation chose yes I did cheat, pulled mark aside then chased after him and chose both times not to apologise after that. "you find an email invite in your inbox. It’s for meeting scheduled " * a meeting

when working with alex if you choose to do something other than work, then the next day choose not to try harder, then choose my work will speak for itself. “You want to finish the project on time and with as little mistakes as possible” not a mistake, but for me would just flow better if it read “with as few mistakes as possible” but that’s just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

after the workout session and dinner with tyler, back in the office. "so you come to work refreshed. What beverage do you want drink " * to drink

after anne caressed my knee and I chose to do nothing, too stunned after her and billy were on the patio. "I suppose that’s not too bad cosidering " * considering

at the trivia night, chose fashion as my subject area. “Towards the end of the night, the competition is really between you and another team. Towards the end of the night, the competition is really between you and another team” *repetition. straight after that. “You check out them out” *remove first out. again straight after that. "It’s a group of grad students who’s having a fun night out " *think it should be “who are” since it’s a group.

Thank you @Bruno_Frank_Hill! Best editor ever :grin:. I appreciate your attention to detail. Edits are done.

I’m planning on rewriting all of the previous chapters so I will fix the player’s name when I do that. I figured it’s worth doing since I’m better at coding now compared to when I started.

5 Likes

Hi there! Just a heads up, I won’t be uploading next week (I update the game every 2 weeks). Sorry! I’m in the middle of moving. I’m still working on the game, but won’t be able to post a significant update for at least 2-3 weeks. Thank you for your patience :sweat_smile: !

11 Likes

Hello! I’m sorry the upload took long! I’m settled in now. Please look forward to a new update every 2 weeks :smile:

The update is at the start of the game. I wanted to rewrite the earlier chapters since 1) I’m better at coding now than when I started 2) Since I know where the story’s, it’s easier to add details.

I still want to move the story forward so the next update will be for the latest part of the story.

Thank you for playing!

15 Likes

Yay! I really liked this game, you did a good job with the setting and the characters, glad to know you’re still working on it ~

hey, it’s probably an issue with dropbox’s changes, but tried to access the yp using the link in post 1 and didn’t work. :confused:

@Inessy: Thank you! Glad you like it :blush:

@CreepyPastaKitty: Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I must’ve been ignoring my emails from Dropbox because I didn’t know about that. Hopefully, I’ll have a replacement soon. I read some people have had success with Google Drive

Hello! My apologies, the update will be late. With the Dropbox change, I’m not sure how I will host the game. Hoping to have it resolved soon. Thank you for your patience!

4 Likes
1 Like

Thank you @Lordirish! Just uploaded my game to Dashingdon.

Hello! With the Dropbox change, the game is now on Dashingdon:

https://dashingdon.com/play/cammycamaro/office-romance-game/mygame/

The latest upload is for when you choose to take the shuttle. As always, thank you for your patience!

(If there’s bugs, please let me know. I just saw players can’t view stats)

16 Likes

Billy doesn’t like my name :frowning:

2 Likes

Ran into the same error as @deusvult so couldn’t progress past that part. I’m late to this, but really like what is there so far!

1 Like

I also I have error when its says “non-existence variable hero_name”

@deusvult @Ashling @Jeffrey_Foster: Thanks for the heads up! Just fixed it.

Hello! I didn’t realize that since I only uploaded my scenes folder (.txt files), the file path mapped out in the mygame js file no longer applies. Therefore, players won’t be able to play beyond the first 2 scenes. Hoping to finish remapping by tonight. Thank you again for your patience during this transition.

6 Likes

Hi there! Players can now view their stats properly. Also, I finished remapping the chapters, so the entire WIP should be available. Thank you guys for playing :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been asked previously but are you going to add a male option for the game? I’d be pretty interested in it because it seems like it would be a very different playthrough considering Jillian…

Tyler is bae

1 Like

@deusvult It wouldn’t be too shocking if relations stayed the same with Jillian for some reason or the other even as a male, but I’m still definitely looking forward to potential dynamics.

1 Like

I guess I’d be disappointed if Jillian treats you the same as Tyler says she’s used to being the only woman in the office. Straight guys (idc) will also get the short end of the stick, they can only date the creepy boss or a jealous girl.

I wanna romance Alex. Do you have another snazzy quote on that?

2 Likes