An Office Romance Game--Updated April 10, 2019

You get asked that question a lot, maybe you should do a faq thingy on your first post (not sure if there is one, (struggling to jump back to the first post atm) to save you answering the same questions again repeatedly.

Edit: oh I see the post navigation bar thing on the right disappears when the edit/compose box is active :confused: .

1 Like

@CreepyPastaKittyFay: That’s a good idea! No, the gender locking isn’t mentioned in the first post or the beginning of opening up the game. I’ll add it to both. Do you think it’s enough to say it’s gender locked? Or should I also explain why?

2 Likes

k,other than that i think it a good game :grin:

I think it’s enough just to say it’s gender locked, there’s other gender locked games, including games gender locked female now, so it shouldn’t be a foreign concept to any readers, and the general reasoning should be obvious, because that’s what you’re going for. However since you’re doing an faq section it could be good to add it to that on the first post.

1 Like

Can the mc be a female only? Isn’t there any options for the mc to be male?

I’ve added the “gender-locked-female” tag to the thread.

3 Likes

You may want to consider designating the amount of time the mc has been looking for work and/or where she’s getting funds, if any, for believeability.

Hey everyone! New update available. It’s about what happens with Avery after she moves.

Btw, Tumblr is the obvious winner. Thanks for all the feedback! Hoping to have my first post up soon. Any topics you want to see first?

Thanks @wolf12344 :slight_smile: ! What did you like about it?

Thanks @CreepyPastaKittyFay. I went ahead and added the FAQ to my first post (haha I only had two questions to answer)

Sorry @Sac_Man. I’m leaving it gender locked so I can focus on finishing the game. Hope you still enjoyed it.

Thanks @Ramidel! To my embarrassment, I couldn’t figure out how to add additional tags.

Hey @CANhugeverycat! Sure, I can add that information. You meant at the beginning of the story right? Btw, what did you think of the game?

6 Likes

I’m trying to get back into this game but I just can’t seem to get these characters or how to make a romance happen. it all just feels arbitrary. No matter how I treat Jillian she always winds up accusing me of cheating, she always ends up making my character feel like garbage and she always winds up In A Relationship. No matter how I make my interest in Avery known or how willing I’d be to make that relationship work, we just end up breaking up no matter what. Maybe because I haven’t been romancing the dudes here these people feel incomprehensible but it’s not a good look.

I can’t seem to avoid the whole Avery awkwardness…even though I am a straight girl MC. Even on the playthoughs where I am not kind to her, it still forces me to go to her house and she still hits on me…then it’s like she breaks up woth me later even though I reject her at her house?

2 Likes

Hello, so I took a peek at the code while I was playing and noticed that my donuts don’t get served at the meeting. It always proceed to Alex’s brownies. The buying-the-donut scene was shown as well as the stat increase but no mention of the donut afterwards.
That scene is probably not that much of a big deal but just saying.

2 Likes

I started playing and have fallen in love with my lil’ Fox already (YASS the corgi). This game is well written, and even though it’s genderlocked it works for me bc i am a girl, even though everyone loves to hate on genderlocked CoGs.

1 Like

@NotaBumblebee @Jender: Sorry, I think the arbitrary feel is due to the “free-writing” style I’ve adopted for this game. I focused on generating content and chapters. Honestly, I didn’t worry about the story branches too much :sweat_smile: Will be focusing on file paths and storylines the next few weeks. That should help sort those out. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks @qth, will fix that code within the next few weeks! Planning to overhaul file paths and stats so definitely will be looking at that.

Glad you like it @ToasterCorgi :relaxed:! Wish I could provide multiple perspectives, but given how much I’ve struggled to finish this game, I opted to stick with one. Who’s your fav RO so far?

Hello! It’s been awhile. I’ll have an update ready within the next few weeks. Primarily, I’ll be focusing on smoothing out story branches and the stats for the game. Wish me luck haha.

On another note, I’ve set up my Tumblr. Thanks again for voting! It’ll be fun talking to you guys about other things, aside from the Office Romance game. http://wordsfromawannabewriter.tumblr.com/

9 Likes