An adventure of EPIC proportions. Input?

Wow! That sounds really interesting! I generally try not to get too invested when it comes to perennial hype train, so many great ideas have fallen to the wind once it comes down to the arduous task of actually writing the story, but based on the kinds of questions you’ve been asking, it really does seem like you’ve put a lot of thought into this. As much as I want to temper my expectations, I can’t help but salivate at the prospect and potential.

Colour me cautiously optimistic.

A little sad that it’s not “open world” if that’s what you want to call it, but I think that it sounds like its going to be great the way it is, and there is a lot that we can do. You have been working on this for a long time, it seems like there is a great chance that this will be a success.

Just an update: Progress is still a go. I’m trying to get as much written as possible before the Holidays and Fallout 4 because I know both of those things will significantly slow down my progress.

6 Likes

Here is some concept art I have been working really hard on, let me know what you think so far:

Be honest please, I really want people to enjoy this game!

4 Likes

wow, I love the awesome 3d effect of it

1 Like

Just kidding, here’s some real artwork from the game:

I may release more in the future.

3 Likes

I prefer the first one.
It was really vivid and lifelike.

stellar use of textures on the scales, but it seems a little overzealous on the eye itself.

in terms of the shading, the outer eyelids don’t appear to have the same volume and definition as an actual lizard’s eye. the eyeball itself, in turn, looks a lot flatter in comparison. reference, reference!

also, that little pinprick of light should probably be a lot less blurry, if the light’s bright enough to make some parts of the picture near-white.

i did a little thing to illustrate some of my points, though it’s not that great since i used a trackpad.

The first one was so…memorable, I felt like I was looking at a famous painting, or something. I really like them both.

1 Like

@OfficerRattlesnake I agree, the added lighting orb does add to the 3 dimensional environment, however, I feel as though the added shading detracts from what I want emphasized in the image. Also, the light projects from approximately 5° NE of the origin and not from above, meaning the eyelid should’t cast as long of a shadow.

fair enough! d: though it was just a quick thing to show you one possible direction you could take.

i mean, i ain’t mad, of course, it just doesn’t really seem like we’re on the same page here regarding what i was trying to accomplish, considering you’re talking about the exact angle of the light.

The title is still a WIP. Gimi ideas. What would you name an rpg that revolves around the development of a new world?

“Forge of Worlds” Maybe?

You peeked my interest, I shall answer your questions:

1. Normally by foot and camp for the nights, that’s how I usually do my RPG style.

2. If I’m able to make my character humourous, he would most likely take his boot off and throw it at him. If not, a simple throwing knife (I’m always a rogue type).

3. Lifelong friend. No questioning it. My loyalties lie with my trusted friends and companions and not my Kingdom, even if I’m blamed for his death I won’t care (I guess I’m chaotic neutral if we speak alignments).

4. Now this is interesting… A young adult who’s family are minor nobles but decided to become a rogue adventurer for hire, just for the fun of it. So they have the agility and swiftness of a rogue and with their noble background, are well educated in economics, diplomacy etc. and can attend high class (and expensively valuable) parties and balls without suspicion. The perfect incognito thief.

5. Your companions are expendable, so if you mess up too much one of them can die. It adds a sense of danger to the game. The developer to make up their own race (it’s a fantasy, go crazy!) options to betray your fellow adventurers (if I don’t like them, I won’t want to be with them). Personalities based on our class, a knight is diplomatic and lawful, a warrior is direct and headstrong, a rogue is snarky and charming, a mage is wise and thoughtful. These personalities can clash too for example: a knight and rogue would be hard to get along with each other but a warrior and rogue have a mutual respect, since I always imagined those two classes to always achieve personal gain whether it’s glory or wealth.

1. Dragonback. I’m a dragonrider, baby! Woo-hoo!
  2. Magic. I’d burn him to death before he ever reached the portal.
  3. Whichever one I like the most or the one with the most benefits.
  4. A sorcerer.
  5. High loss of abilities/stats.
  6. The princess, of course.
  7. Empire of insert name.

Oh and the other question, definitely the mystery box. Even if it turns out to be a pile of wyvern dung. I love me a good gamble

1. War horses or horses for them and a war horde for me (keep reading to find out why)
  2. Run him through with my lance while on my war horse.
  3. War hero always have your comrades back.
  4. A knight in full plate armor on my war horse with a lance sword and shield and if it were allowed a metal arm that contains a cannon

5.the dragon slayer no other weapon has such presence