An adventure of EPIC proportions. Input?

patrolling with the friend! that’s very much my idea of having a good (possibly last) night, and i want to be there for someone i’ve actually got a deep emotional bond with. keeps me sharp too. i’m also technically under the ace umbrella, so.

1 Like

Like what I read but do you plan to release this as a demo because I can’t wait to play it. Or will you finish it and sell it.

Hmm. A few things that I think about in the context of epics would be things like successive generations (ala Agarest and Fire Emblem games) and stronghold management (Suikoden, Breath of Fire). A strong nemesis is vital for a good RPG- the old Final Fantasy games have memorable nemesis- Kefka, Sephiroth… Romances are definitely desireable for epics.

1. Does teleportation magic exist? It sounds like it does because, the next question mentions a portal. If no one in the group has a way to access portal magic, what about the time-honored airship? Of course, again, that may not be an option. So horseback (or whatever fast mounts are available) would seem the next obvious choice.
  2. If I happen to be skilled at magic, create a portal overlay over his portal. If magic cancellation is touch based, see if the group caster can cast a counterspell on an arrow and then shoot it into the portal. If the foe is protected against magic, use buffs on the party, if the foe is not magically protected, slow the foe.
  3. Life long best friend. I know, I know, but what attachment do I have to the other two?
  4. Blade dancer, I suppose. I enjoy the concept of using magic to improve physical/combat ability. Plus it fits nicely into the MC role for RPGs.
  5. Oh… I already did that at the beginning. :slight_smile:
2 Likes

I will be releasing a small alpha test soon, let me know if you are interested. I will probably only select 2 or 3 people that I know will give me strong feedback.

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed Read my 2nd question in the comments, would you still choose your good friend or bed the princess? :wink:

1 Like

The bedchambers.
Gotta make sure that my natural affinity for magic gets into the royal bloodlines.

1 Like

considers My honest answer to that is-

Go tell my friend that I have been invited to see the princess, and were it not for that, I would go out patrolling. But, considering, I’d ask them to wish me well with my other duties. : P

That’s fair, all things considered. :smirk:

I would bed the princess. You may not come back from the fight so might as well spend the last night enjoying carnal pleasure. Also I would want her to have my bastard child so when I come back we can try to be a cute little family. Unless walking with your friend gives you a strategic advantage for the upcoming battle :relaxed:

1 Like

About the new question. I will have to g-…

Ah screw it, you know the answer.

1 Like

Haha, I just wanted to see how much people actually valued friendship… I see you’re all just horrible people. Just kidding, but your answers do help me figure out what I need to concentrate on.

What do you, yes you reading this, feel is most important in a game like this? The story/plot itself, the writing style, gameplay features like character customization or weapon variations, or something else? If you choose more than one you better explain yourself! Thanks

1 Like

All of the above. The truly great rpg’s have been the games that combine all these things.

Okay what if I instead asked, which feature would you most be disappointed to see developed poorly?

Story/Plot if the game has a bad plot then I just can’t get in it a good story is important for me.
And gameplay features get a close second.

3 Likes

It’s not that I’m a bad friend, it’s just that in a game, I’m going to go farther away from my real personality a second or third time I play a game. I would say I would prefer a better story/plot first, and then it would be character customization/weapon variations. I want a good story so I feel more attached to characters and actually care what happens to people, good or bad. Character customization/weapon variations should be next to me, because it gives the player different ways to experience the same exact thing.

1 Like

I always love character/weapon customization, so from a personal standpoint I’d love to see those done well.

i was vaguely disappointed no one else picked the friend! not really surprised though. it is interesting to why people picked their option–but i do hope the other path doesn’t become underdeveloped as a result. i mean, i’m assuming it’ll play some part in the game at some point, since you’re gauging responses to a very specific situation.

the writing style is most important to me! i can’t bring myself to care about your plot if i can’t actually read what you’ve written, particularly since i’ve become prone to headaches lately. plot follows that, logically, and i find gameplay features outside of meaningful choices and appropriate levels of customization the least important.

1 Like

If my friend gave up the princess to patrol with me I would yell at him to go sleep with her dangit.
(I’m a good friend)
I can not accept that he is abandoning a once in a lifetime chance to go walk with me outside.

3 Likes

er… fair enough? sorry for a sort of off-topic reply, but i’m trying to keep this short since i know i’d verge on being uncivil otherwise. i want to acknowledge your post and i also want to acknowledge that it makes me uncomfortable that you specifically replied to me with this. there are actual reasons why, but, y’know, that’s for private messages if you do actually want that information.

but yes. fair enough.

I am sorry for making you uncomfortable that was not my intention.
(I was divulging one of the reasons that I was ok with going to the princess chambers)
(Also I would very much like that info)

it’s alright! not a big deal. i appreciate that you took the time to apologize for a relatively minor thing, and also the fact you’re taking the time to learn more. i’ll send over that pm in a bit.