Hello, I’ve been reading these things for a long while and meaning to write one of them for almost as long. Now having finally gotten something far enough along to present I give you…
Alphas and Iotas.
Humanity is lost. You’re quite dead yourself. So is the universe, but a funny thing happened on the way to extinction. Mankind uploaded its best and brightest, storing their minds in the computational framework of a generational ship which is basically a Dyson sphere constructed around an artificial star, hiding in a higher dimension to avoid the death of the universe. Now the best and brightest are being awakened to do something about the whole extinction thing.
I have no idea how close I am to being done, other than not very. I suspect bad coding on my part has quite skewed the 20k word count I’m getting, but I’m guessing about 10k for a playthrough in the demo which at the moment is introductory stuff, character creation, and a taste of my writing style and world building.
There’s way more world building and background info on the setting viewable through the stats page.
To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/justhefax/alphas-and-iotas/mygame/
- Sci-Fi in a very distant future
- Rich history for that very distant future
- Customizable main character (and recustomizable… eventually)
- Partly randomized side characters
- Between 5-8 romanceable characters (eventually)
- Dialogue heavy with focus on character interaction
- Update basic views of MC toward characters determined by your choice (Not all dialogue has been updated to reflect this)
- Lots of meditations on the nature of humanity and/or AI
Any and all thoughts are appreciated. I hope to update this on at least a monthly basis.
- Added very first part of chapter 2
- Added one last name (Udoh)
- Last name choice now has small impact on stats (very small) family description should indicate what profession the families are affiliated with.
- Improved recognition of gender change selection in subsequent dialogue.
- Added two choices to chapter 1 fleshing out relationship with colleagues
- You can now actively loathe or at least cordially disrespect colleagues
- Small additions/changes to background information
- Fixed erroneous description of the number 29 Quintillion
- Miscellaneous typos
- This close to getting out of that room