All : The Replica Series

I thought I was clear before, I guess not.

I'd change two things.

I'd make Rami seem interested in a fair fight, for one thing.  If Rami doesn't want his white or black being summoned, if he's so confident he can win and wants to troll the MC, why doesn't he let the MC call someone into the room so he can summon as many duplicates as he likes?  Makes his win actually impressive, and lets him show off with an audience.  if he's an arrogant guy looking to troll the newbie, no other actions on his part make sense with that motivation.    If he's actually curious how well the MC can do against him, he'd still take that action.

Which reminds me, it seems fairly obvious that the MC is limited to three doppelgangers, stamina issues. Do all the doppelgangers need to come from the same person, or can he say summon the grey from three different people?

Refusing the fight the MC at full power is the action of a weenie, not a troll.  If Rami isn't supposed to be a weeny, then he shouldn't be acting like one.  

Chessmasters don't troll people by demanding that their opponents wear a blindfold and drink a bottle of scotch and then act like the inevitable victory means anything, boxers don't troll people by demanding they fight with one hand literally tied behind their back.

They'd troll people by offering them an advantage that it's insulting- telling the person, there is no way you'd win, so have this huge advantage so that it'll be even  more humiliating when I win. 

But with the defensive mod, Rami wants the MC to dismiss the grey.  He should be demanding that the MC summons all three doppelgangers, lets the MC wear all nine shields, and offering the MC and his three doppelganger their choice of weapons, and then beating the MC.

Thatā€™s arrogant trolling.

Secondly, it's not how he wins, it's how its described.  I have no issue with the other person you can duel, the human vampire gal, when she wins its because its written as the deserved win of a good fighter who fights intelligently.

Ramiā€™s win doesnā€™t give the impression of an intelligent foe who is just that good, it comes off as ā€œHeā€™s just a super duper Mary Sue because he gave the writer money or is holding the authorā€™s family hostage.ā€

Now maybe Ramiā€™s power is that heā€™s a mary sue, so woodland animals help dress him in the morning too, I donā€™t know. :smile:

"Rami blocks the grey's punch, swinging out of the motion of his block his fist goes through my defense because I'm too slow to stop it, I feel my teeth rattle in my head from the power of the blow,"  has him being fast, powerful, skilled, and fighting strategically by going after the weak link- the MC, who after all he has what, ten years of experience on?  

Instead in the fight it feels more like someone is trying to sell us on how awesome Rami is.  Don't oversell it, just have Rami be awesome.  

And you know what isn't awesome?  Defeating someone who has about a decade less experience fighting than you who you insist is only able to fight at 33% max, if not only half that.  

Something can't be extremely pathetic and awesome at the same time.  .   

The fact that Rami seems to have the gaydar of a potato doesn't endear him to me either, but that's so far down the list after his acting like a weenie and his power apparently being bullshit that it's hardly worth mentioning.

@stsword Well I will say that even after replaying I donā€™t agree. Different people think differently. :smile:
Even more than that: I guess that, for me, as long as the MC can decide to break the ā€œruleā€ and express their displeasure of the situation and decide that Rami is a jerk, all is good. Maybe because even if he is a jerk, it would also be an interesting character. If the MC gets to feel cheated, they can hope for a rematch later, I donā€™t know. And it would show that not all the NPC are formidable characters.
Yep, that is the point where I donā€™t follow you. I can understand that the situation is not for your liking. But since there are ways for a MC to express dislike and rebellion against it I would throw a wild guess and claim that maybe (and I say maybe) it is not so bad. And I am not sure that changing the mindset of an NPC would be that great. I donā€™t really understand why you would want for Rami to feel awesome. Everyone can be a jerk at times. Or always. To me, it doesnā€™t take anything to the story (as long as the MC can react).
But I would like to know the opinion of the author on the matter. :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

First Iā€™d like to apologize for my long absence. As many may know Iā€™m currently working on the revision for all my current chapters. After many readings Iā€™ve become increasingly unhappy with it. So Iā€™ve spent the last few weeks reworking my story and have decided to start over.

In regards to the posts I have yet to answer:

@alexxo97 Interesting! I hadnā€™t thought of that. :blush:
@SomethingSome Rami probably wouldnā€™t know, but The Grey is not willing to risk it. Even if the MC orders The Grey to tell it wouldnā€™t due to itā€™s free will.
@stsword Most of your concerns have to do with Ramiā€™s arrogance and abilities, correct? If so then I think the confusion stems from my writing. I think I went about Ramiā€™s mysteriousness incorrectly. Also, the MC is limited to three replicas and my original plan is for you to be able to summon from different people. For example, if youā€™re fighting Josephine and Imnek then you could summon both of their Greys or a Grey and White etc. The biggest problem is that with each replica the MC summons the duration drastically decreases. And if you could define ā€˜Mary Sueā€™ thatā€™d be much appreciated! (Iā€™ve never heard that before)
@Keira Youā€™re right. I should add those descriptions and thank you for putting the post number. :smile:
@Tehani You make an excellent point. Everyone can be a jerk. Rami may be a fictional character but heā€™s supposed to be human and as we know sometimes we humans say contradicting things or something we donā€™t mean (maybe heā€™s just so flustered to be in your presence he just said the first thing that came to mind?)

A Mary Sue is a character that is simply unbeatable because they areā€¦ Perfect is the best way to describe it.

@Bryce_Kaldwin Thanks for explanation! :smile:

So you are starting over huh I canā€™t wait to see the changes

i dont know why your unhappy with it, i really love your workā€¦
hmm well as long as you dont alter henil personality im fine with it :blush:

@Reaper_General and @anon4518890 Most of the characters will stay the same, but their roles may be altered. What Iā€™m mostly unhappy with is how I set up the story. Itā€™s just not the approach I want.

I look forward to reading the rewriten storygame, please message me when you finish each chapter.

Good luck with that, loved your work so far.

@zeke and @dreamdragonhatchling Thank you for the support!

@Hell_Satan Yeah, thatā€™s an error I make a lot actually. :blush: Thanks for catching it, but I wonā€™t be fixing it since Iā€™m halfway done with my revision of Chapter 1.

Held down the caps for an extra letter. 'Twas my downfall for a while.

Mmm just curious as to the current progress of this game and if there has been any updates. This was one of my favorites wips to play X3

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my long absence, but Iā€™ve had an unexpected set back. After my second draft of the revision my hard drive crashed and what few files werenā€™t lost were corrupted. :sob:

Long story short, Iā€™m on my fourth draft and trying to recapture the parts I fell in love with on my second draft.

Iā€™d say my progress is slow, but steadyā€¦ although I will be leaving on vacation in a few days for two weeks so thatā€™ll be a huge delay.

15 Likes

dont worry :smile: we can wait andā€¦ have funn in your vacations hehe ( i dont get vacations until 1 August, i envy you a bit hehe, where are u going=?)

@anon4518890 Iā€™m going to Spain. I plan on seeing the running of the bulls. :cow:

1 Like

Hope you have fun and be careful and donā€™t wear red

1 Like

Found this very enjoyable especially when picking another recruit it was fun and have fun on your vacation take all the time you need. My favorite and most like ale character had to be Ramie if you pick the part in chapter5 to go to the gym he just came out of nowhere and wanted to spar. For my MC I didnt want him to be romanced but an ally. But I found it amusing and fun fighting and talking to Ramie hope to have future events with him because Iā€™m planning to choose muscular and so many replayability. Keep up the great work :smiley:

@Reaper_General Thanks!

@jcsunshine_3 Iā€™m glad there was an option that matched your MC. I donā€™t want to force feelings on the player. As for Rami, heā€™s getting a bigger role in my revision. His first appearance will be in Chapter 2.