All : The Replica Series

Thank you, I loved this update, getting to know these character’s individual personalities leaves me with so much replay-ability that it makes my head spin. But I have to ask if we are ganna get more “time outs” like this to learn about other characters and romance options? or will this be kinda like our main chance?

@SharpOne No problem. You got me hooked on your story already!
I can’t wait to find out what’s up with the MC’s powers, maybe even get to “chat” with the voices, and find out more about the Organization (Mentor Nyura creeps me out…! :fearful: ), so I’m glad to be of help!

On another note, I think I saw a few errors here and there, if you’d like, I could try to write them down for you.

And, still regarding flirting with/romancing Anon (I’m sorry if this is a bother, I was checking up on what I couldn’t see before and noticed this), in the room, picking the following order of choices:

#"Then why are you allowed Ayita? A kid can trigger some nasty feelings whether they mean to or not."
#"That's admirable of you." I lean closer to him and, even if he doesn't look at me, look into his eyes.
#I smile at him and chuckle softly when he looks me in the eye.  I am very much interested in a romance.

doesn’t allow me to pick the “make a good couple” choice at the cafeteria, regardless of whether the MC takes Anon’s hand or not.

Also, I’m getting an error when trying to check “Records and Relationships” in the stats screen:

choicescript_stats line 245: Non-existent variable 'adomas_info'

@yagamikuuno There will be many more ‘time outs’. This will be the main way the game lets you get to know other characters such as superiors/friends/romance options and your recruit.

@SomethingSome The MC will be given a chance to confront the voices, but that won’t be for awhile. As for Mentor Nyura, I have a side mission planned that will effect whether she stays or goes.

I’m grateful for any errors you find. If you could post them that would be a big help.

You should be able to view Adomas’ information and the Anon couple choice wasn’t allowed because your relationship wasn’t high enough, but I got rid of that restriction so now you should be able to pick it (I forgot to remove it before the update sorry).

1 Like

I found a typo near the start … Her voice is slightly muffled due to the door. “Very observant of you Abigail. Now we just need to work on your focus.” As I sat this she comes out nearly ready to go. Shouldn’t it be ( as I said this ) not (as I sat this )

@SharpOne
First of all, I absolutely love your game. It’s unique and engaging and if it wasn’t 3 am and I didn’t have to be up for class in the morning I’d probably write you a mini essay about why your game is so amazing.

As it is 3 am and I should probably be asleep, I’m just posting here quickly to point out what I think is a typo.

In the first line Russell says “…stronger than Alex, her won’t stand a chance, right?” I think it should be “she won’t stand a chance” I could be completely wrong and that could have been intentional, but I thought I should post it just on case :slight_smile:

@Equilibrium Thanks for seeing that! It should be fixed now.

@alliebee I’m glad you like it! It’s very flattering to know you’ve found the game amazing. Also thank you for posting that error. I’ve already fixed it and should you find anymore please let me know.

i am loving the game but i have a question:do we see later the other three recruits that we did not pick?

1. When I chose Danesh, a few errors in the writing popped up on the same page:
    “Danish shouldn’t have any combat experience”. Should be Danesh (I will admit I laughed at the mental image of a danish in a combat stance).
  2. “I’ll have to watch him closely to make sure he doesn’t overdue it and bleed out”. Should be overdo, not “overdue.”
  3. “His face bore a mixture of irritation and concentration. And just as sweat starts forming on his forehead,” I think should be ‘his face bears’. It goes from past tense to present. (bore to starts).
  4. “Your welcome.” Should be “you’re.”

All of these happened while I was reading the very beginning, when you pick your apprentice/initiate. I might be wrong on #3, but it bothered me while reading it so I added it in. Otherwise, a very promising game :smile:

[quote=“SharpOne, post:324, topic:2500”]
As for Mentor Nyura, I have a side mission planned that will effect whether she stays or goes.
[/quote]Really? I wasn’t expecting that! Can’t wait to play it, very curious on what’s going to go down.

I also just noticed that Markus Williamson is Portuguese while reading his description. :smile: I had no idea!

Regarding my search for typos and errors, would it be alright if I sent you a PM instead of posting them here? I tend to write/blabber a lot and don’t want to cluster the thread any more than I already am.

Edit:
I’ve been trying to check Adomas’ info but can’t seem to get the option to appear in the Relationships screen. I’ve tried a bunch of different runs but no luck.

@askuse I’m glad you like it! :smile: As for the three recruits you don’t pick, I’m still undecided if you’ll see/meet them. I might make a side mission for each one that shows what happened to them and lets the MC directly affect them (in a live or die kind of way). It’s hard for me to say right now.

@Katarina Thanks for catching all those! On my first draft I wrote in the past tense, but now I try to write in the present tense so that’s what happened with #3. Suddenly reading about a danish is something I’m all too familiar with. The auto correct/spell check tool doesn’t like Danesh’s name and is always trying to change it on me! (I will admit that I too laugh… then growl in frustration). I’m happy to know you find it promising. I have a lot of plans for this game so I hope I don’t disappoint.

@SomethingSome I’m hoping to start side missions in Chapter 7 or 8. It depends on how long I take to close Wafae’s confrontation plus your first mandatory mission.

If you look at the information for every character you’ll see that no one you meet is from the same place. You may be in the American branch, but the Organization loves transfers to add cultural diversity.

As for errors, you can do whatever you feel is best. I don’t mind long posts. I like reading them because it just means you have a lot to say about the game regardless of whether it’s praise or critique.

Adomas’ information should be available this time. I set the variable, but forgot to make it viewable. :sweat_smile: It should be fixed now.

will the first game be just training the recruit or will involve some missions of the chosen branch after that?

@askuse Training your recruit and passing the test will be part one of a three part story in the first book. Part two will revolve around the the MC’s power and Part three involves the entire Organization. Part one and two will overlap with each other and extend into books two and three. Part three is the shortest, but sets up the beginning of book 2.

Once you join a Unit side missions will be open to you unless you’re suspended as a consequence of your actions. Only a few side missions affect the main stories. Otherwise they’re meant to build stats, improve/hurt relationships, determine what happens to certain people etc.

7 Likes

Sounds Pretty awesome.

Btw are all powers unique or is it possible for two people to have the same power(or even similar powers)?

This is pretty good. Needs more options for sadism and being a jerk. I myself might not use them but having them available to me would be nice. Other than this keep up the good work.

So your willing to break a kid’s jaw and such since I’m okay with that since that brat who hurt my recruit needs to learn her lesson. Also I think you threaten to break Henil’s jaw after she drowning herself in a sink and you do break that kid’s nose for being annoying

@alexxo97 Some powers are similar, but for the most part all powers are unique. There has been a history of repeats, but that only happens after the original wielder is dead. There is a plot line that will address this, but it won’t be in the first book.

@Lubu343 I’m currently working on fixing this. I’m in the middle of writing all of the different options for the four different personality options I’ll be offering in the game once the revision is done. The choices will be: cruel and unforgiving, nurturing and sensitive, aggressive and blunt, and flirty and outgoing.

@Reaper_General Violence will be one of the choices for how you deal with the recruit that hurt your recruit. As for the Henil’s jaw scene I’ll probably add an option to not be so aggressive.

@SharpOne i prefer you add a way to kick the recruit “Veteran guardian” since some of us (like me) prefer to not hurt a girl :slight_smile:

I’ve chosen Henil nearly ever time i’ve played (mainly bc i like a challenge) but recently i chose Russell and i’ve got to say its nice to feel wanted. That being said we come to the crux of my problem, HOW DO I GET HENIL TO LIKE ME??? i have tried everything and she is just being unreasonable at this stage, if she’s not careful i may switch to Russell permanently, at least he appreciates me! Sorry for the rant, i get way too emotionally invested in these, love the game btw in case you couldn’t tell😄

I like Russell. He’s my favorite of the recruits…

@anon4518890 You’ll have several different ways to handle the situation. Some will be violent and some won’t. But remember that there may be consequences for your actions.

@Tanniv Henil certainly is a challenge. She’ll start opening up to you soon, but her affection can be hard won. Russell can hold some grudges, but of all the recruits he is the one who needs you the most and therefore be the most grateful.

@OtherGrimm I’m glad you like him! :smile: He’s fun for me to write because he’s a funny little ball of awkward sensitivity.