All : The Replica Series

@SharpOne I take it the opposite will be correct for the opposite side of the spectrum? Hmm you’ve really added a lot of work into this. :slight_smile:

@Razgriz There is at least one way to lose. Depending on how you view victory and defeat some outcomes are more of a draw. So there’s at least one clear victory, one clear defeat, and a few that depend on your perspective. I like to think of this as a labor of love. :smiley:

1 Like

This is a very interesting game and I hope you continue to do it.

First, I was wondering if you will go into the history of the Organization more.

Second, I’m really dying to understand the “going insane” dialogue with your psychologist.

@jasonstevanhill
Sorry about that, thank you for pointing that out.

@Bryce_Kaldwin “Do not post contentless posts.”

Please review the forum rules.

I’m not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but when I got to the scene where Russell was still asleep (the second time) I made the choice to kick his foot and received an error. Great story BTW.

I got the same bug. Would you like us to post any typos or anything like this to make it easier for you to fix?

@Bryce_Kaldwin Thanks and I have no intention of stopping. I will be going into The Organization’s history a bit, but that won’t be for a while. Once your recruit regularly attends classes then he/she will ask the MC for help with them. This will range from information on The Organization to literature, science, math, art, and such. As for the “going insane” part that will reveal itself slowly but surely…

It would be much appreciated! If you find any errors, typos or even a sentence that sounds odd please post it!

@PenguinSoup I found the error and fixed it, but I won’t be updating the demo link until I post Chapter 5, which should be soon if homework doesn’t get in the way. Also I’m glad you like the story. :smile:

I’m wondering is it possible to lose our recruit as in they get killed?

@Razgriz Yes, but not this early on in the story. I plan on there being at least two different situations that can result in the untimely demise of your recruit.

@SharpOne First Sylvie now Abigail?! I’m gonna have to be on the ball for protecting my RO and little recruit. Both you and your sisters games have me very nervous and paranoid for the safety of my favorite characters. >.<

@Razgriz Their lives are in your hands. It’s only realistic to provide both the positive and negative aspects of such a relationship. Plus it really gets you thinking about the choices you make.

@SharpOne I know congrats for making the player really think about what they do. Good work:) Do you have an idea when this may be finished? Do you think sometime next year is a fair estimate?

@Razgriz It’s a possibility. Right now my pace has really slowed thanks to school. :disappointed: But once it’s over I’ll have a lot more time to commit to this. I’d say a fair estimate would be mid to late next year assuming everything goes smoothly, but it’s hard to judge because I’ve never made a game before.

Oh don’t be too worried about it. I’m just excited it might be coming out next year at all

@Razgriz Me too! :smiley: I have big plans for this series.

You have a great editor I’m sure you’ll do great. The dynamic Sharp duo

@Razgriz Thanks. We are pretty dynamic! :wink:

Now I have a question. I’ve mentioned it in previous comments, but I want to circle back around to it. Achievements. I’m leaning towards removing them, but if a lot of people enjoy them then I’ll let them remain. So should I keep Replica’s achievements?

Well achievements haven’t ever really mattered to me. If anything seeing them pop up takes me out of character but that is only me.

@Razgriz Thanks for sharing. I’ll keep that in mind.

It depends on what the requirements are for certain achievements like being a cold and uncaring teacher or being a loving and caring one. Following the rules or breaking them stuff like that. Which offers replay value to go a certain path to get those cool sounding achievements. But its up to you