All : The Replica Series

@SharpOne

The powers of quite a few characters so far have been creative enough to be original and devoid of any of the more cliched powers.

@SharpOne will we be able to RO Sara? she seems like a interesting character so far.

@jcury Thank you! And I tried doing that when I first started coding, but it never worked properly. So I decided to put that aside and focus on the story. I still plan on implementing it though.

@Rebelmaiden I’m glad you like it. And (possible) SPOILER ALERT! If you get your relationship high enough and make certain choices that may lead to your recruit’s untimely demise, then I will give you different emotional options. They will range from devastation and mourning to plotting your revenge against the murderer even though it’s against The Organization rules. I was originally thinking about providing a background, but it got very complicated very fast so I don’t think that’s in the cards. Although I will provide a flashback scene so you can witness your power for the first time. (This is all tenative.)

@friendzone Do you dislike both ideas or just one? I’d like to know your opinion.

@RagEgnite That makes me happy and relieved. I spent a lot of time agonizing over powers.

@Iceman262 Yes Sara is a romance option. She has a very interesting past and it still effects her.

Is there a list of romance options

@SharpOne by “too emotionally attached” they meant romantically. I dislike that. The background idea sounds good, but if you’ve already had issues trying it then it’d be reasonable to skip it.

@Natsu_Dragneel Here’s the list of the people who have been introduced.

Tanaka, Sean, Sara, Josephine, Imnek, Anon, Ekrem, and Rami

Mentor Harrison is married so he will never be available. Mentor Nyura currently isn’t, but I am open to changing that. And your Mentor will never be a romance option (the reason why will be revealed in either chapter 4, 5, or 6. I have the scene planned, but I don’t know where to put it yet.)

With every update I will post a new list because I have a LOT of romance options planned.

@SharpOne

I eagerly await your next update. :slight_smile:

@SharpOne
Would I be able to go rogue, you know leave the organization and do things to benefit myself like to try an take over the world.

@RagEgnite I am planning to have Chapter 4 done and posted in a week or two, but it depends on my work schedule.

@Specter Not in this first book, but in book 2 you can start to plant the seeds of rebellion and book 3 is where I plan on the mutiny option appearing.

@SharpOne
What if I just want to not start an rebellion but straight out leave and do my own thing, I prefer working solo

@friendzone Why did you presume I meant romantically? I did not. I’m guessing ‘romantically’ would be possible if the game timeline went on for years and our students came of age. But that was not what I really had in mind. What I meant was getting attached in a parent/older sibling kind of way. ^^

@SharpOne Sounds excellent. :smiley: I await updates eagerly.

As for romance options, my favorite is Josephine. :wink:

EDIT: Though, now that friendzone mentioned it, it could be kinda cute to have our student develop a crush on the MC. Who’d then have to let them down gently. xD That could get awkward.

@Rebelmaiden there are some scenes where you become attached to your student, I just read it last night, the youngest boy when you go to his room to pick him up for dinner is laying on his couch crying & you have the option of hugging him which will result in a touching scene

Why not romance with the student? They are going to be in the organization for a long time, and even though they are too young now in 3-4 years they are old enough.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e81jlctg6632xpr/All_%20The%20Replica%20Trilogy.html

@specter (about going solo) There is a very specific reason as to why no one leaves the Organization. The earliest explanation will come up in Chapter 4, Henil’s story line.

@Rebelmaiden We’re glad you like Josephine. She has a much bigger scene in Chapter 4.

@Lobo420 SharpOne was going for “touching” and wanting to show the development of trust in the relationship.

@jcury These veterans watch the new recruits grow up. It’s be like dating a close, younger cousin. Also it’s a bit taboo. In the story it is mentioned that the Organization has a history with child assault and in order to prevent anything from happening again they implemented tech and impose morals on their members. The classes teach more then education. They stress things like equality and anti sexual harassment. (It’s a bit of brainwashing/manipulation) This causes many to react to their recruit (and younger members in general) in a platonic relationship. Example : Ekrem (a tease) and Rami will both be difficult for you to romance due to the age gap. Your character is just barely considered an adult.

And if someone did decide to ignore all of that then there is the younger member’s veteran. Veterans are highly protective of their recruits as it’s not just a relationship, but a job, responsibility, and a test.

I like the game so far. I hope the MC can develop very differnt relationships with their recruit and with fellow veterans, ranging from extremely close to outright enemity, lime in Vampires, Heroes, Broadsides and other really good games.

At the moment I don’t have any suggestions for improvement, except that I think you should add more name choices then two given and two last names, I think there should be at least four prediefined for both, or leave it completely to the player.

I’m waiting for more! :smiley:

And for the forum treads, it would be good if you provided a link to the game at the top of every new page.

@WulfyK Yes there will be a variety of ways to develop your relationship. You can keep your recruit at arms length or make them feel like family. You will have antagonistic relationships from the beginning and can also make people dislike you.

There are only the two names because we would rather have the player type a name, but wanted to give at least two options if someone cannot think of one. We are open to gender neutral names. If you have any suggestions please let us know!

(And thanks for telling me to put a link at the top!)

" I won’t make the same mistake for a third time. Henil is just a tool and I will not get emotionally attached to someone again. "

I thought that this was supposed to be MCs first recruit? Then I came upon this part again. ^^

its a good game

I think it’s great, I love it so far and can’t wait to see where it goes. Although I have just one concern… You’ve never seen The Matrix!!!

@Rebelmaiden That line refers to relationships in general. The reason why the MC hasn’t formed any significant relationships is because of the loss of your 2 veterans. The loss had such a negative impact that the MC doesn’t want to get emotionally attached again; to care about someone carries a lot of risk.

Yes this is the MC’s first recruit, but the MC is going to find it difficult to not get attached and stay emotionally distant (unless you want the MC to be that way).

@Azraeldrake9 Thanks!