After The Storm- Coming December 3rd!

I loved this game when it first got posted and I love it after the update even more!

1 Like

Just read through your ted talk! Honestly the fact that you cared about the game enough to take the time to write all that out means a lot to me, so never apologize for long reviews! Thank you for the honest feedback.

2 Likes

I just played the demo and I :heart: it. My compassionate MC is all about making the world a better place. Put a smile on my face :blush: Thank you.

1 Like

This is so sweet and charming. I loved every moment of this. My heart aaaahh :green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Updated 7/5/2020! Thanks to everyone who responded and gave feedback! Check out the new illustrations!

3 Likes

I was kind of hoping you could lone wolf it the hole game shame. And how come you can’t stop your self from get getting Ousted by your own people like really i would just burn the settlement to the ground or hang the rebels from the gates of the settlement when they do it i found the place and built it.

1 Like

Great story, already looks like a finished product. Just a little more polish.

2 Likes

By lone wolf it the whole game, do you mean not starting the settlement? Because that’s where most of my plot is :sweat_smile:. As for being ousted, there is a scenario where you have enough allies to overwhelm your opposition. But you’re right, that part could use more fleshing out. Thanks for playing!

2 Likes

Question for everyone (spoilers for part 3) Should I give mc the option to adopt a child and raise them as a single parent if they’re not in a relationship at the end of part 3? I want mc to have devoted time to starting a family in order to have the option to have kids, but at the same time it doesn’t make sense that everyone wouldn’t have that option.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

This was really fun to read, I loved every part of it and was super pleasantly surprised when it didn’t end until it actually ended lol I expected a “this is the end of the demo” message at the end of part one and was dreading it from then on but it never came :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! This is my first time writing a cyoa game (first time writing anything tbh) so I figured it’d be better to post the whole thing to get as much feedback as possible.

3 Likes

It seems pretty well polished for a first go at it honestly. As far as feedback I’d have to go through it again honestly I was too interested in the story itself to really be on the lookout for anything helpful :sweat_smile: anyway I hope you plan on writing more in the future because you’re certainly a natural! Wish you the best :grin:

2 Likes

No i mean lone wolf the settlement why not take over the guys cabin you know kill him and take it then build around it or just build the settlement your self why share what you found build traps a wall get yourself a gun things like that and shoot anybody that tries to take it simple and if people are going to take it rig the place with some bombs so nobody else can have it that is what i would do.

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean. I guess it just runs counter to the general themes I was going for of collaboration and what it means to shape a society. A big part of the game is about rebuilding society and what values you would bring to a new world and what decisions you would make if you were in charge of it. I think you were expecting a more survival oriented game, which is fair given the genre, but it’s not what I was going for.

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone who left feedback! I just submitted the game! I’m curious, what did everyone name their settlement? I always went with something fun like “The Mile High Club” whenever I went through it.

9 Likes

My first one I named it New Hope The second one I did I called a prosperity

1 Like

Shame i was hoping for more solo survival stuff.

I’m sorry if this question is annoying but is there any predicted release date?

Not annoying at all! Unfortunately I don’t know at this point, it’s currently in the content review queue. It’s my first time submitting a hosted game so I’m not super sure how long the usual wait time is. But I’ll post as soon as I know more.

2 Likes

Hey all! So in my infinite wisdom I forgot to put a place on the feedback form for you to sign your name :woman_facepalming: I’ve messaged a few of you who I know submitted a form about beta tester credit, but for everyone else: if you sent in feedback and want to be credited as a beta tester, like this post. If you want me to credit you as something other than your forum username, dm me! Thanks for being patient with me, it’s my first game and I’m still figuring things out :sweat_smile:

1 Like