Afar: Mad World - Dark Fantasy (WIP) (HALLOWEEN UPDATE! 31 - October - 2019)

So will you be able to go solo in the game.

2 Likes

Compliment: No matter what anyone else will say, you’re always gorgeous.

:laughing::joy::rofl:

How many random compliments did you code in?

2 Likes

That’s part of the plan, yes.

… six.

3 Likes

Pretty good game so far, I’m interested on were this goes :+1:t3:

1 Like

Loving the story. The storyline is very intriguing.

1 Like

Had fun so far on my journey to Skull Island, which I’ll finish tomorrow morning. Reminds me of an old GURPS campaign that I ran with my friends a few years back, which took place in a Victorian-era world. Magic existed, but was kept in the hands of the Elite and the commoners were kept ignorant to it. Automatons existed, like mechanical walkers and vehicles.

Stuff like this

Summary

Anyways, there was a great war. Empire 1 uses its massive mechanical forces to dominate the continent it’s located on in an extremely one-sided fight. My PC was a veteran of this great war, and was a cavalry officer in Empire 2. After the war Empire 1 decides to purge all military officers of Empire 2 to prevent revolt. Thing is, all records were destroyed when Empire 1 sacked Empire 2’s royal palace, which also oversaw the administration of the army. So my shell-shocked (He saw all of his friends get gunned down in their first battle, when the Mehcanica (Empire 1’s mechanized branch) unleashed the fully-automatic rifle) PC sets off with his Gunslinger friend and their scheming entrepreneur friend to fight back against Empire 1. Anyways, I’m rambling. Anyone interested, pm me I have the file on-hand if you think it’s interesting. You know what, I think I just inspired myself to get to work on the project I’ve been putting off after abandoning my fighter pilot one went nowhere.

Here, take my grammatical suggestions

Summary

Comma after from

Breach pt.2 location confirmed?

It’s could work better as their

Sofia’s…

Anyway… What a name. So, was she the Captain’s favorite wench, then?

Shouldn’t in for all of these be with?

Add hyphen after intelligence

Remove -er from experience

0/10 no former bank robber option

Capitalize the cardinal directions

Comma after so?

Fairy Tales, not tails

Add covers or something of the sort after partially

CHAINS!!! and add change colloquial to colloquially

Remove a from after has

3 Likes

I like the game so far. The story is intriguing and I don’t mind having to read info at the beginning, it helps me to understand better the story and besides, knowledge is power :upside_down_face:

I don’t have any favourite character but, is too soon. I was left wanting to take someone’s whip off and… well, what I was going to write was a little … violent? Or weird.

1 Like

Hmm… I believe the characters’ introductions could use some tweaks. I chose the Rogue background with the Thief specialization though the game seems to recognize me as someone else “Dora Felixis. A cartographer from a different college in South Danisanci, looking to chart the continent for the Grand Magisterium back home. She is eager to help you in your tasks as navigator.”

Followed by “There’s also the cook, a former slave recently freed and now hired by the First Mat, Sips. She doesn’t talk much, but she’s kept everyone well fed.” I thought it was my job and responsibility to feed the crew? If anything, I think these introductions could benefit from being more neutral - don’t mention their asks if they’re going to conflict with the player’s.

Alternatively, you could say the crew is on rotation so they don’t get tired of doing the same thing during long voyages (though some jobs are more complex than others, i.e not everyone may have the skills to be a navigator for example).

(PS: I’m portuguese so I couldn’t help but snicker when I read the ship’s name. Almeida is also my last name so I guess the captian and I are related… :P)

3 Likes

Ayyy, I see those Critical Role names. True taste. :+1:

Other than that, pretty interested. Loved your previous game, I’m sure I’ll love this one too.

3 Likes

Whoa… I never played GURPS but now I really want to go through them :laughing:

I’ll get to soon. I need a bit of rest first.

Maybe you’ll get the chance to use it :wink:

Don’t worry, it’s quite normal in Trebantaboo to be violent, or weird, or both.

I will be reviewing the classes and backgrounds soon and I do have plans to separate the two. This will be revised and though it may take awhile and it’s quite a headache, me and Ben will work out the coding and replacement tasks for the other characters on the ship.

Much thanks for the feedback!

Thank you very much! I’m just glad people are playing my game :sweat_smile:

It’ll be awhile until the next update but hopefully I should be able to get about half of chapter 2 ready. I’ve also added a whole lot of tasks based on the feedback I’ve been given, I’ve prioritised them so, I apologise if not all of the problems are fixed.

3 Likes

Can you end up as a mage if you chose the scholar path(because there really isn’t too much to do otherwise unless I have massively underestimated the scope of this game). Also, are there mages in general?

4 Likes

Of course… Just in Trebantaboo :shushing_face::smirk:

3 Likes

Yes, yes there are mages, and regardles of which class you choose, you will have the option to become a mage.

7 Likes

Can you give us a rundown of the types please?

2 Likes

Alrighty, I’ll tag it as spoilers even though it’s not in the game yet.

Anyone in Trebantaboo that has the ability to use magic from Eema(A sort of mana power thing), without any external devices such as an artifice, is called a Siren.

There are generally four different types of Sirens, but there are three additional archetypes which are incredibly rare to find. The four basic ones are blue Sirens, red Sirens, yellow Sirens, and green Sirens.

Blue Sirens are the most common, they are generalist and encompasses most forms of magic. Red Sirens are the second most common, they focus mainly on the powers of both defensive and offensive magic. Yellow Sirens are the third most common, they are generally a supporting role with their focus being defensive magic and manipulation like healing and shield spells. Green Sirens are the rarest of the four basics, they’re mostly mysterious as their focuses are offensive magic and manipulation such as teleportation, and necromancy.

You can learn more about them in-game in the later updates as I will be fleshing out a lot of the details and information about them.

5 Likes

Let me guess, only 7 of them can exist in the universe at one time?

3 Likes

OMGGG, I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH THIS GAME!
I haven’t played yet, but I can sense greatness! Like archangel job!

3 Likes

:joy:

Nope. There’s a lot of Sirens out there. The trials to becoming one are quite dangerous… but people in Trebantaboo are far too comfortable with danger.

Thank you! I also hope that this game can live up to the standards of my previous game :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeh!!! It said congratulation for me to survive till the end… could MC really died so early ??

I play as Hunter Ranger from North Verdan, i love that i had a chance to chat with everybody and apparently i was able to help most of them and thus the love me :-):smile: except for Lady Pissoff of course, didn’t know what’s her problem…

It feels like story of Silverworld and other lost world stories, i love it and am interested to continue the adventure, as Ranger i am intrigued with Dora the Scolar …

Ummm it is still early but this looks like great adventure ahead …

Edit : so as Hunter Ranger, perhaps it is my task to collect a sample of all the species’ belonging? Look fun to hunt down those sirens and put a scale of them to my belt, like Lady pissoff did ?

3 Likes

The MC can get hurt, but as of currently, you cannot die. (The original plan was to make it so that you can actually die, but I didn’t want it to be too frustrating for the players…)

She’s pissed off about… stuff.

I’ve never actually red Silverworld though I’d love to see how it compares. Trebantaboo is a lost world, but it’s also more of a self-contained continent with things coming in, but very rarely anything comes out.

Sirens are humans who can just use magic. Not to be confused with the oceanic creature, or the flying creature. However, you can cut one’s head off and have it hang from your belt should you wish for such ornament.

Not all Sirens are bad, but not all are good either…

4 Likes