Aetherian Spell Academy [wip] Chapter 1-5 available. Chapter 6 in progress (Updated 1/8/18)

These are part of the changes I’m making. I wasn’t satisfied with some of the contradictions, so I plan to change large portions of the text.

5 Likes

All errors regarding the dark promethean should be fixed. Thanks for catching them.

Ch. 1 and 2 revisions should come within this week.

Ch. 6 will be released within a few weeks. Expect it sometime in January.

15 Likes

Found a bug.

Automaton Bug

4 Likes

Nice work! I enjoyed this a lot. As per the book summoning, will the dark tome have any uses aside from summoning? If you transformed it with Black Magic of course. And I imagine Healing/Light Magic gets their own tome as well?

I’m guessing what I mean is. In the future will the tome be less straining in the mana department than summoning or will it be more or less the same?

If I misunderstood anything, sorry about that.

I have the same problem:

2 Likes

I am glad and happy to have found this interactive novel, it is well written with incredible background story and character interaction … Now i am having trouble to choose between Danae and Morgana as future Romance Option…Lol

and about your question , generally i agree that there should be no “Good” or “Evil” Magic, it all depends on the person who wield it… a Good Magician can still apply Dark Magic to banish or destroy villains and enemies… of course the Evil Mages require to apply Healing spells to heal themselves as well, however for my understanding of Light Magic , it was meant to bind a contract with the heaven/Angelic force to banish forces of Hell/Abyss or Demons/Devils… hence the Heaven/Angelic force may tend to “judge” or “analyse” the soul/intention/will of the magic wielder (s) before granting/binding the power with them, i don’t think the Heaven/Angelic force will lend their power to Mages who have corrupted souls of dark intention …

However this can be different with respect to the Hell/Abyssal forces as they mostly intend to create as much destruction and harms as possible , hence it doesn’t matter whether they lend their power to “good” or “evil” mages because at the end of the day , their power will create enough destruction that serve their purpose … even though Dark Magic is used against Evil beings such as Demons, the collateral damage upon destroying the Demons may be costly and of course with the poetry of " There is No Honour among Thieves " , the Dark Force won’t mind to destroy one of their own at all, more ever with the binding of contract with “Dark” Force , there is always a chance a “Good” Mage being tempted to the Dark side :wink:

However these are just my own personal deduction …Lol

for the scene of the first Demon battle, i think it was logical that you will went unnoticed even if you summon a bunch of skeletons because it was in the mist of chaos and battle, all other students were unconscious while the professor and Hane were hurt ( i thought the professor teleport away right?)
the second scene which we can apply the Dark Magic was in the alley with Morgana against the Bandits… but Morgana will step in before we even cast our spell
but the third scene when we create the Promethean , if we apply Dark Magic…Morgana should had notice it before the shape of the Promethean will be alter …

@Karlan
I think there might be difference between Healing Magic and Light Magic, Healing Magic tend to heal, regenerate tissues/Mana or remove charm/curse , which everyone could use without problem …but Light Magic is about banishing Demons/Dark creatures with Dark Force right ? hence it may be the polar opposite of Dark Magic, and let say that Light Magic is aim to “Hurt” Dark Magic , won’t it will also harm the caster with Dark Power as well? so is it possible that if a Mage had empowered him/herself with Dark Magic , he/she will reduce certain amount of Health when he/she cast a Light Magic… Like wise , if Mages with Light Power attempt to cast Dark Magic, he/she should reduce some health as well, it will make Caster(s) think twice whether it is worth it to apply power which has opposite effect of your own (such as a Light mage casting Dark Magic)

3 Likes

Doesn’t that defeat 75% of the purpose of light magic? (protection and healing)

4 Likes

Ok, that’s long one :smile:.

1. I mention this before but morgana might play with your mind somehow. About Danea - mc father notice that some part of her story doesn’t make any sens tho it’s not as mysterious as e.g. alana
  2. You actualy can use “healing” to dmg deamon that’s why light magic is more accurate.
  3. Um, read again deamon fight. Its only demon, you hane and professor. And she even call your ne befor you summon skeletons. In fact she was still there when you summon skeleton knight.
1 Like

Yeah… i was wondering that too, that’s why i was asking whether Healing/protection Magic be separated from Light Magic , assuming Light Magic is solely meant to counter the Dark Magic… i had read and play some PC games that have Light Magic such as (example : “Sacred Wrath” that will harm all manner of beings that associate with Dark Force), of course the author hold the decision and authority regarding the Magic Lore of his/her own world , in Magium … Light Magic and Light Mages were refer as Light due to the White Light it created and had nothing to do with Good/evil… :smile:

However, i acknowledge that this Work In Progress had done a marvelous job already … I don’t mind to follow the Magic Lore created solely for this world , my initial suggestion was purely for discussion and entertainment purpose :slight_smile:

by the way, in my 2nd play through now , i had just gain the Alliance of Ulik the Demon without needing to bind him to a contract , awesome :smile:

@Kiogu1
Haha… i don’t think Dark Magic is even effective against Ulik the Demon, so i won’t bother with it now, i only manage to defeat Ulik by using Light and conjuring Magic, Ulik said i am worthy of being his master…cooool !!! , I am not sure, but i tried Dark Magic against him before but didn’t manage to beat him

Morgana playing with my mind ? Danae got secret too ?? I thought they are both very innocent … i only read to chapter 4 before decided to restart again, now i want buy the best catalyst…hehehe …
But never-the-less , i am not going to be paranoia … I will trust both Morgana and Danae like a Moth flying blindly towards the lure of Bright Fire :smile:

@Karlan

Hey i am wondering whether or not we could have the option of “admitting to Murdoc, that most of the group work of conjuring the Promathean was done by Morgana’s Estenian devices and her adept spellcrafting,” ? I feel bad for getting all the credits myself… so perhaps a little confession will help me redeem myself :slight_smile:

I’m a little confused at some of these during the battle. In this moment, my skill was 40, but it seems to be registering time at a lower skill level? Also, I got the Battlemage title, but it doesn’t seem to be showing up.

I played this game yesterday and dark magic doesn’t seem to be particularly evil (you can fire dark spears that are just like ice ones) or powerful (it has the same power like other magic skills). I wonder why is it forbidden.
Also when will you be able to romance your school friend ? Is it after the dinner? Will it be possible to romance them if you romanced Morgana?

You repelled the attack, which means you were successful. It was meant to show that Bertrand was much stronger than the MC expected him to be. Perhaps I should change the wording, it may clarify what I meant.

The “Experienced Battlemage” is not a title. It’s an Accolade which has its own menu when you go into your stats menu. Accolades basically work like achievements in this game.

Dark magic is not necessarily evil, but it is dangerous and for that reason it is forbidden. There’s a book in the library (At the beginning of Ch. 2) that explains why dark magic is actively discouraged amongst spellcrafters. In particular, necromancy is a subset of dark magic that some consider blasphemous or too hazardous to use.

School friend will become romanceable in the next chapter.

I considered whether or not the MC could have multiple romances, but for the moment I’ve decided against it. I want the relationships between the MC and their choice of romance to be meaningful. So pick your favorite person, because that’s the only romance you get for the entire game.

9 Likes

I don’t really like necromancy usually, I prefer just using things like dark attacks, demons etc.
Is it possible for you to break up with a character? Or will they break up with you (for example if hane catches you using the demon that attacked him as a follower, or if your relationship with someone falls too low)

Thanks for finding these. I’ve fixed them in the new version.

It is indeed possible to break up with characters, but that won’t be possible until towards the later chapters of the game. As a result, you will most likely only have 2 or 3 moments of romance with the new character you want to be with.

Without spoiling anything, there will be a crucial choice made in a later chapter that may turn characters like Hane against you. The only exception to this will be your school friend and Morgana. They will always remain your allies.

8 Likes

Lol, “always” mean “until Daena discover that we cheated on her with Morgana” :joy:
But about Hane - it’s about mc being thirsty for power asshole/liar and his dark magic/close relationship to his old buddy, Ulik?

1 Like

Sweet cinnamon roll Daena or rad af Morgana? Why must you make me choose, Karlan? :disappointed_relieved:

This is getting too real for me.

Sidenote: I absolutely picture my MC’s Ulik like a Balrog.

7 Likes

Currently choosing between Danae or Morgana is like deciding which arm of us needs to be cut-off …Lol , but we still have plenty of time to think about it…

@Kiogu1

Technically we aren’t consider cheating on Danae even though we admit to have Romantic feeling with Morgana, saving and helping a friend is always approved by Danae…remember how Danae said our protagonist always like to help people the way we help her when she met Hane ?

and well, although with high relationship rating with Danae, the game still wrote her as our “friend” without letting us choose our feeling towards her yet… unlike the case of Morgana where we have option to declare our feeling towards her, and Danae hadn’t officially told us she regard us more than “friend” , but i suppose all these will change when our protagonist has a dinner with her family :smile:
However, i am more worry about Danae as compare to Morgana because Morgana seems to be able to take care herself quite well but Danae had stated that my character is the only motivation for her to work so hard in the academy…

1 Like

Um, yea about Daena…
If you tell her that she is incredible, she will answers:
“This wasn’t possible without you, MC. I wouldn’t have been motivated if it weren’t for you.” So yea the only reason why she never give up was mc… it’s kind of romance to me :blush:… (they have like 14-15 years right?)
But I must admit - I thought that she is yandere-kind of character in my first playthrough. (after she joking about being jealous about hane, and chapter later - hane is ill and cannot join us on HER party)

About her power - she is one of the best student, without any power. MC was born this way and Morgana is basically a GMO (but cute one :wink: ) Just think about how powerfully she would be with her willpower, and mc/morgana potential? I dont know, maybe It’s because too much db/soul eater in my childhood, but if you ask me - she isn’t necessarily weaker then mc friends.

So yea - it’s not about what mc think about his friend, it’s about what his “friend” think about MC.

3 Likes

Yeah… agree with you

More ever, i think both Danae and Morgana trust our character very much, at the night where Danae exhausted her mana to perform the Light show to us, i heal her immediately and she just sleep peacefully on the floor, that show how much trust of her towards our main character and i was thinking i sit there, safe-guarding her for at least 7 hours without any sleep … sort of a romancing and touching scene as well

and as for Morgana, i believe she was missing from the academy for few days after our farewell since the completion of Promethean, and it was only logic that she fled with Anna during that course of period , fortifying within their house seemed a bad decision because they risk attracting more reinforcement from the mercenaries by staying put… but the way Morgana stay or turn back to save our character means she care about us very much, i am assuming Morgana turn back when she realised Bertrand didn’t pursuit her , she must had worried that Bertrand may use us as hostage… and it was a nice scene when Morgana still smiled at us while fighting Bertrand

Danae mentioned that her father is very protective of her, so i guess her father would be the first to kill us if we cheated on her daughter …Lol , that being said, the dinner with Danae’s family will be very interesting …i am embracing myself to be asked by Danae’s father “Are you serious with my daughter or are you just fooling around with her?:sunny:

2 Likes