Aetherian Spell Academy [wip] Chapter 1-5 available. Chapter 6 in progress (Updated 1/8/18)

Yay! New update woooooooooooo! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

I loved the new chapter! Fighting before going to the party was awesome but I wonder how the family and friends would react to our appearance from the fight. :laughing:

I managed to end the battle with Bertrand with only a light injury but I still got my ass kicked. That felt weird. Even if he is more experienced he was totally wrecked, my MC was not. Maybe you should add a path in which we do not need Morgana to win. Or have that scene fixed, if you’d rather. That aside, it was a pretty good update. I had been looking forward to the fight and the opportunity to show off my dark magic.

2 Likes

BLACK MAGIC USER EXECUTE HIM!!!
(Says the one who uses black magic and has a demon bound to him)

3 Likes

Um, guys you forget about somethings.

1. MC, even as dark magican is still underage right? Do you really want to play a child killing his enemy in front of his friend?
  2. Bertrand is some kind of magic cyborg-mutant-assassin with years of experience. Yes, mc beat deamon, but he was summon by other studend, and we fought him after battle with profesor and his “former” master. Hell, you dont even have to bind him.

At the end I had affection 53 with morgana and daena/alana, btw :slight_smile: Ther is only one bad thing - to rise your affection with morgana you have to use dark magic and lie…

Gah, FInally got around to playing the new chapter and I just want to say The Morgana Romance is so sweet. MC fighting a Cyborg mage assassin to keep the girl they care deeply about or maybe even love safe just tugs at my heartstrings so much I keep squeeing at how sweet it is.

And uhhm this is probably only really a problem with me but the game kind of stops working if the relationship value for Morgana goes over 100% and you beat Bertrand.

2 Likes

Yes. Bring on the villainy.

6 Likes

Yes.

My MC doesnt’t see it as villainous. He lives by a code, the strong will live and the weak will die. Bertrand tried to kill him and failed. Surely there can’t be any hard feelings if we kill him instead, right?

4 Likes

Yes we do, Age is just a spectrum adults use cause they think kids are infireriors to them. I can’t even sell items thanks to them , Now speak about age again and I will report you to KND (Kids Next Door).

3 Likes

I mean tell that to the police :thinking:

1 Like

I mean as a kid I’d have agreed…but as a kid I was also a total fool so Idk if that’s good or not xD. But yeah a kid who does dark magic and is willing to kill in self defense…not really unthinkable imo.

3 Likes

And who said we ever lied Morgan just assumed things and we just rolled with it so technically we never lied.

Lol, that depends. In charisma bulid yes but in darkness/relationship you have to said that ulik is elemental and you dont know what happened to promethean so yes - you have to lie.

And killing Bertrand doesn’t make any sens in the first place. You want information about Morgan’s mother and the one who shall “replace Morgana” (Hane? :smile: )

1 Like

I did the darkness route, actually I only do the darkness route but you don’t have to summon the demon elemental, also the demon technically is related to the fire element so technically no lies were said ha

That’s weird, I thought the darkness infused automaton weren’t capable of forming complete sentences? Yet, it have no problem saying “As you wish” when we summoned it againts Bertrand.

On another note, focusing on conjuration and darkness while also utilising the automaton and Ulik during the fight makes me feel like a bona fide demon lord, especially when I heard Betrand’s resigned “What are you?!” moments before Ulik finishes him off. This feeling of overwhelming power…I could get used to this…

Laughs maniacally

4 Likes

There’s supposed to be a separate path for the dark promethean. I’ll check why it doesn’t work later today.

5 Likes

I agree. :slight_smile: Playing dark mage = playing bad-ass. Bertrand even mention that dark magic users are especially useful for them…

One question tho - shouldn’t healings magic be called white/light/holy magic? Its about creating barriers, destroying udeath/deamons and purifying/healing right?

1 Like

I originally wanted to call it Light magic, to contrast Dark magic, but it was too generic of a term. Plus it gave off the impression that only “good guys” would be able to use it, but that isn’t true. Healing magic seemed more neutral, so I stuck with that.

6 Likes

Sorry but I dont get it :sweat_smile: If you chose dark magic you can still play as a good guy, so why does bad guy shouldn’t be able to use light magic? Well, in many cases (history/fantasy, even sci-fi) you can find evill priests/light mages when good-dark mage is pretty rare.

Also, you alredy mention some possible changes in ch.1-2, so I’m not sure If I should mention this but ther are some minor issues, e.g. you can be well-known as “almighty mender” and Adelich still might think that your healing magic is lacking, or you can summon a bunch of skeletons in front of your professor (first scene of deamon battle) without any reaction.

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the dinner!

1 Like