Adrift (WIP)

Ha, yeah, I wanted to make it a bit difficult when it came to finding Chris. Mostly just a ‘don’t do the obvious’ bit.

@FairyGodfeather

*cough* I did that too. *cough*

It should be easier to find him once you hit the island. I found there was a blind choice there, a go left or go right one, in which one had him die? That’s far too harsh, especially if you’ve already managed to get there. At least give a clue as to what direction you should go in.

@Caddmus Ha! I’m glad I’m not the only one who does that. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the most part, if you ended up leaving the island before you found him he would have died, since, as you would find out if you found him and decided to start going to the island more, he’s not the only one on the island.

Also, I find that people have a tendency to go right. So, that’s a factor.

@Babisko

O_o
I have a tendency to stop reading once I reach a blind left/right choice.

Kidding, really. Even that couldn’t deter me from continuing. I’d just assumed the island had no point other than to waste time, which did seem a bit off but I never encountered anything of value there during any playthrough. May want to make a hint or make it easier than the blind choice.

Finding Chris (and not getting killed in the process (or letting him die, for that matter)) is a bit special in that, more than he’s just a special character, it can completely change the direction of the game. Though, trust me, finding him is the hard part. Everything else I have planned for him is going to have a lot more obvious choices.

@Babisko
Nothing wrong with having a special game-changing character. :slight_smile:

I think my only problem with that section is that it’s a go left/go right choice, regardless of what either way leads to.

It’s those kinds of uninformed choices that always irked me about gamebooks, and the distinct lack of them is one of my favourite things about the games being produced in ChoiceScript. I’d just appreciate something to go on so I’m not left debating with my indecisive self at a crossroads for half an hour. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’m just being too picky. What you have written is enjoyable so far, nonetheless.

I may end up changing the wording a bit, maybe just have a ‘go along the beach’ instead of the left/right option. When I was writing it I was thinking, well, people tend to go right! So I put that in there.

Chris killed me :frowning:

I have played it twice. The writing is clean and I was able to stay immersed. But I was irked on the second play through as I really felt as I was being push to go to the gathering. I would have liked a few more option to not go. Of course that would caused a stir among the merfolk lol. Other then that great job.

@Bloodhawkereaper It’s best if you don’t get too close to him…

@Babisko Yeah I decided to throw stuff at him the second time :stuck_out_tongue:

mpreg sounds cool.

cuz come on…the mc is a merperson…they lay eggs no big deal XD

How do you know they lay eggs they could be like some sharks and have live births

They have scales and bone skeleton, so they are not related to sharks, that have a cartilaginous skeleton and a smooth skin

so it is quite possible that they could lay eggs

I’m chiming in late here, but since this debate seems to still be going on, I’ll dive in as well. The way mpreg was handled in Choice of Romance was horrid since it created huge gaping logic holes in the story. If the ruler truly wanted an heir that badly, and you could magic up a baby, why didn’t Augustin(a) just magic up a legitimate heir with his/her original spouse? Why did Augustin(a) only magic up an illegitimate baby with a same sex lover? It made no sense at all given how important having a legitimate heir was to the plot.

So please do not add something like mpreg in without giving extensive thought on how it will affect the logic underpinning your story. Do not engage in sloppy storytelling. Otherwise your attempt at social engineering will come across as artificial and heavy-handed, detracting from your story instead of enriching it.

the only idea to be pregnant in a cog seem boring as hell lol:
What do you want eat? What is better for baby ? and stupid choices about that more suite for a sex ed class.

I just don’t understand who could better a story like this center in a romance starting dealing with something so complicated like pregnancy and babies. Please at least left people choice if they want a big belly or not. My bet is almost nobody want to read tons of pages about 9 months of pregnancy and care a baby.

Unless it’s a baby dragon :3